PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Olympic Competitions

Kato
08-16-2004, 05:58 PM
Mine are the Men's and Women's gymnastic comps. When the USA is in the hunt I'm on the edge of my seat.

Kato

Leviathan
08-16-2004, 07:47 PM
Hiya, Kato: I like the judo best.--AS

Rod
08-16-2004, 07:58 PM
Curling. LOL

Rod
08-16-2004, 08:00 PM
Oh wait, it's not winter. I duno, I haven't watched it yet but I suppose gymnastic would be at the top for me to.

hotshot
08-19-2004, 08:45 AM
I would have to say disc throwing and also
Rod,
whats with the elephant?

9 Ball Girl
08-19-2004, 09:18 AM
Gymnastics have always been my favorite, both men and women. The uneven bars and the vault.

Troy
08-19-2004, 10:11 AM
Track and swimming, sprints in both, up to 200 yds/m.
That's what I competed in but obviously NOT at the same level... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
My younger brother was a diver.

Troy

pooltchr
08-19-2004, 10:26 AM
Gymnastics, no doubt...at least until they get pool as an olympic sport.
STeve

dg-in-centralpa
08-19-2004, 02:10 PM
Boxing and Basketball. Except this year's basketball team is pathetic.

DG

Rod
08-19-2004, 04:06 PM
Umm, I never forget. LOL Or I'm going somewhere, not fast but get there all the same. What do you mean?

Barbara
08-19-2004, 05:27 PM
I've always loved gymnastics because gymnastics was stressed in high school until I got too tall for the uneven parallel bars.

I totally relate to swimming as I grew up with a pool and used to swim 2 miles a day in the summer on my own and competed on 3 teams throughout the years from 8th grade to senior year. Ask Danny Barouty who the "real pool shark" is. I gave him half the pool length at the Riv and still beat him - and from starting in the water, too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rowing was my most successful sport having been a National Champion in single sculls as a consolation prize for finishing 6th in the Olympic Trial fnals in pairs without coxswain with Karin Constant - then an East German defector. Boy, were we a mismatched pair that kicked a$$ in those trials!! And gawd, I'm dating myself!

But the one sport the really fascinates me is synchronized swimming. You have to have some serious lung capacity and strength to be good at that sport!!

Barbara

Voodoo Daddy
08-20-2004, 04:48 AM
Weightlifting and Boxing...oh, what I would give to bring back the days of George Foreman and the great Cuban fighter Tefillo Stephens {sp}...Vaselei Alexia the Russian weightlifter was great to watch too.

Voodoo~~~cant spell but can remember vivid images

Kato
08-23-2004, 03:27 PM
Telifilo was awesome. Could you imagine the amount of money he would have made had he defected? Definitely had World Champion written all over him. I think he won the Olympic Gold 3 times and who knows how many World Championships.

Kato