PDA

View Full Version : Chris Cass could use some help

SPetty
08-17-2004, 05:58 AM
Hi Chris,

Sorry I put your name in the subject line, but your recent post tore into my soul. There's gotta be folks out here to help you with this.

I know that there are a lot of people here that care a lot about Chris. It looks like he needs some help - witness his recent post:

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>Myself, have 3 weeks to play the most prestigious event in the world imho, the U.S.Open. I have a spot paid by a generous player unknown to me. That was $500 of his or her hard earned money. Another sponsorship for $250. also unknown sponsor or joint sponsorship, I have no clue.

I also have a contract with another giving soul Dr. D. for work and a special gift. Billiards Workbook is her book. This isn't because I'm so great of a player but out of kindness of her heart. She's already endorsed by Gerda a pro as you know and many professional instructors. She didn't need me.

I've had 5 people that have mentally broke me as of today. Friends I thought and some behind my back. All making sure I got their message. Little do they know I know who they are but, that doesn't matter anyway. I'm so stressed and the game that was totally in my mind has gone.

I've lost my direction and faith in my ability to do good. Even enough to make me want to buy out of my commitments. I'm beat before I even started. I'm still not sure whether I'm going. I've even got my plane tickets sitting right here with me. I look at them as the flight to failure.

I think my problems are bigger than your my friend Rice. These select few have broke this horses spirit. I still have time to try to get what I lost but not sure how. Not trying to be rude but just take the above advice and consider it. I really didn't want to answer this question at all. I'm not sure I even want to post.

Regards,

C.C.~~do as I say and not as I do. <hr /></blockquote>

CarolNYC
08-17-2004, 06:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I've had 5 people that have mentally broke me as of today. Friends I thought and some behind my back. All making sure I got their message. Little do they know I know who they are but, that doesn't matter anyway. I'm so stressed and the game that was totally in my mind has gone <hr /></blockquote>

Spetty,
What the hell is this about?
CArol

SPetty
08-17-2004, 06:29 AM
I'm afraid I don't know any more than I posted, but it doesn't sound good. I know a lot of CCBers are very supportive of Chris. It hurts me to read it - he must be feeling awfully low about something. I really don't know what. He's quite a sensitive soul, you know...

Barbara
08-17-2004, 07:17 AM
Carol,

Apparently there are some people in this world that cannot stand the good fortune of others or the opportunities that others have been presented with and have nothing better to do than to try and spoil the situation.

Barbara

Sid_Vicious
08-17-2004, 07:25 AM
I've got to reflect on this for a bit of time, because personally, I was blind-sided on the whole deal just now after reading the whole quote. I know how I get get sometimes in certain situation, lots of people call me a bit too sensitive so "Chris, I do not know about those who have given you digs Buddy, just be sure that whatever somebody(s) said to you, that it was not mearly a feverish moment and possible not any big deal." I used to do that all of the time, anymore somebody else's opinion only bothers me is it comes from truly trusted friends, the rest I keep a loaded gun ready in case they come to steal my cues during your sleep ;-)

I will definitely have to ponder this...I've obviously avoided reading the wrong threads and missed a bunch of stuff.

Back at ya' latter Chris. Watch for a PM..sid

Steve Lipsky
08-17-2004, 07:33 AM
Susan, what thread is this from, please?

- Steve

9 Ball Girl
08-17-2004, 07:37 AM
I'm confused as all hell???? Where the [censored] is all this coming from?!

Barbara
08-17-2004, 07:45 AM
Steve,

It's from this post:

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=151943&amp;page =0&amp;view=expanded&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=

Barbara

Wally_in_Cincy
08-17-2004, 07:50 AM
My response to Chris, in his own words:

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CC:</font><hr>...My answer to you is to just put yourself out there. There's nothing that losing in a game of pool that will ruin your life. It's just a game. Nothing more and nothing less.... <hr /></blockquote>

Hope this helps.

Wally_in_Cincy
08-17-2004, 08:17 AM
I can just picture Cass rolling out of the rack and logging on to the CCB and seeing this thread. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It reminds me of this:

http://home.xnet.com/~madman/fbdo/images/fbdo2.jpg

I think CC was just having a bad day (or night) when he made that post.

shoutout33
08-17-2004, 08:23 AM
I PM'ed Chris already so I hope whatever I said helps as well. Well, basically all I was saying was that he HAS to go to this tourney...he has too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

dmgwalsh
08-17-2004, 08:44 AM
His posts are always thoughtful and helpful. He emailed me when I was looking at some blood tests and thought I might be having a recurrence of something I had and was very supportive and friendly. I can't beleive he'd let some a$$holes get him down. Anything I can do to help, I will and I'll send him an email to see what's up. Dennis

Troy
08-17-2004, 08:46 AM
I'd have to see the original post(s) in context before I jump in.
However, knowing a little bit about CC's history, I must believe he's a tough nut and will be just fine when the time comes.

Troy

Sid_Vicious
08-17-2004, 09:34 AM
I think Wally has a point. Everyone's sincere in having this issue alerted to them, I know that I am, but maybe we should let this thread dwindle away and give CC a break. I've had days where I post in ranges of depth and latter realize it wasn't "me", but it's done by then. I bet the best thing everyone could do from this point on is to leave this thread to die, and if anyone wishes to try to help, do it through an off line mode.

I do thank SPetty for bringing this up, I personally wanted to know about it if indeed it's really something more than just a bad hair day. For now I feel it's time to let it fade to black from this board...sid

Barbara
08-17-2004, 10:06 AM
Hey Chris!! The following quote is posted by my desk and I keep a copy of it in my wallet!

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits that neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory or defeat."

--Teddy Roosevelt

Barbara~~~yeah, bring on them pros!

tateuts
08-17-2004, 11:11 AM
I would't worry about it too much - it's like the groom before the wedding, a little jittery but he'll be there.

The Other Chris

BillPorter
08-17-2004, 11:18 AM
Hey Chris, something about this thread made me think of a quote from the movie, It's A Wonderful Life: "Remember, no man is a failure who has friends." So really Chris, all BS aside, no matter what happens with the tournament, even if you don't go or if you go and never make a ball, you certainly won't be a failure because it's obvious that you do have friends. Hope I'm one of them.

ceebee
08-17-2004, 12:19 PM
Mr. Chris Cass, remember it's what you think of yourself &amp; how you treat people that matters to you, not what others may say about you. Most folks that have negative things to say about their fellowman either don't know them or want to bring them "down to their level". There are situations where something unkind can be said about someone &amp; be true, those situations have to be dealt with on a case by case basis. Public condemnation can be true or false. Let the one without sin, throw the first stone. It's also better to love thy neighbor, than love thyself. We are here to help each other enjoy this GAME OF POOL &amp; play it better.

Good Luck to you Mr.Cass... the only thing you have to do is shoot one ball at a time...

tateuts
08-17-2004, 12:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>
I've had 5 people that have mentally broke me as of today. Friends I thought and some behind my back. All making sure I got their message. Little do they know I know who they are but, that doesn't matter anyway. I'm so stressed and the game that was totally in my mind has gone.
<hr /></blockquote>

My best friends have been fellow players from pool rooms. To be honest, I rarely trust anyone in the pool room until they have proven themselves trustworthy over and over again for a long period of time.

That doesn't mean I don't like the people or find them interesting. They can annoy me, diasppoint me, or piss me off. But unless they are truly my friend they can't hurt me.

As a player, I know there will be competitive issues, egos, money and gambling issues, whatever.

Hustlers live life by different rules than I do - that's just the way it is.

Chris

CarolNYC
08-17-2004, 02:51 PM
Spetty,
I phoned Chris and spoke to him for quite awhile-it was an issue of hurt feelings!
Don't worry, I pumped him up-he's cool-I told him don't stress this tournament-just go and play and have fun!:)
My goodness, I play lotto EVERY week and I ALWAYS lose,ha ha ha ha-but at least Im IN IT!
Carol

Barbara
08-17-2004, 05:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr>
My goodness, I play lotto EVERY week and I ALWAYS lose,ha ha ha ha-but at least Im IN IT!
Carol
<hr /></blockquote>

What's the saying? You've Gotta Play To Pay!?? Yeah, that's the ticket!!! If you ain't in it, how are you going to win it?! Thanks Carol!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara~~~plays weekly... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
08-18-2004, 03:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You've Gotta Play To Pay!?? <hr /></blockquote>
YOU play and YOU win!How many is that? 3 times in a row?

The NY Lotto saying is:
"You gotta be in it to win it!"But I lose-oh well-NEXT! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Carol

cheesemouse
08-18-2004, 02:18 PM
Guys/Gals,

I don't worry about Chris because he is tough and when the bell rings he will have a smile on his face and he will be alive to the core and all his focus will be on the table. Whatever it is he is going thru now is just part of the natural process of getting it up for the big show...Chris is loving it, every second.....hehehe