PDA

View Full Version : I want higher taxes!

highsea
08-18-2004, 07:20 AM
And I want to station all our forces in France! And I want to surrender to al-qaeda! And I want to vote for Kerry and repeal the 22nd Amendment so he can be President for the next 20 years, then I want Hilary next!

But most of all, I want the tax thread to go to bed.

-CM

landshark77
08-18-2004, 07:55 AM
You want alot, don't ya? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

nAz
08-18-2004, 10:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr>

-CM <hr /></blockquote>

-CM <hr /></blockquote>

hahaha
Never!!!!!

hey rather then pay more tax why not make a tax deductible donation to the ACLU like wally /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
08-18-2004, 10:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> hey rather then pay more tax why not make a tax deductible donation to the ACLU like wally /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

No way. I give to PETA

People for the Eating of Tasty Animals

nAz
08-18-2004, 10:25 AM
bahahaaaa good one... hmmm think i'll go out and get a juicy burger for lunch today.

landshark77
08-18-2004, 10:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>
No way. I give to PETA

People for the Eating of Tasty Animals <hr /></blockquote>

after all, everyone knows you can't have any pudding unless you eat your meat! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ross
08-18-2004, 12:39 PM

-CM <hr /></blockquote>

If ya'll wouldn't put so much misinformation out there, I wouldn't feel a need to respond! But I second the motion. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

eg8r
08-18-2004, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If ya'll wouldn't put so much misinformation out there, I wouldn't feel a need to respond! But I second the motion. <hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif Misinformation? What about this... <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr> My figures are from the Congressional Budget Office <blockquote><font class="small">Quote bw:</font><hr> We also have a pretty heavy tax on gasoline. Wont mention cigarettes because that is voluntary but tax on eating out food, like mcdonalds is pretty high too, not just here either, and dont guess anyone thinks about that. <font color="blue"> She listed plenty more. </font color> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr>These taxes are the same no matter your income. I'm not saying they are low - I was just trying to correct the misconception... <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr> But you weren't paying 33% of your total income in taxes. <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr> Also SS and medicare are included in the CBO effective tax rate figures. <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote> I guess that is enough for now. The quotes were in no order but I chose them because this idea of misinformation seems to envelop Ross also. His data comes from the CBO on income tax (with a suprise built in which I am surprised to see Ross gave it away). A few people (bw, higsea, wally) decided to branch the discussion to include all taxes. Once this happened Ross immeadiately jumped out to say who cares about those taxes as far as this discussion is concerned, we are only talking income tax and those other taxes do not change based on income level, we all have to pay them. All the while hiding behind the CBO data. Well, then Ross lets us know (or those who did not already know) that the CBO data is pregnant with extra taxes and is NOT only Income tax. As Ross was shutting down the guys who were mentioning other taxes he was cleverly hiding behind the same flaw. SS and Medicare are paid no matter what the income level is just like tax on gas, cigs, alcohol, etc. They should not be part of the data. The CBO's data does not tell the TRUE picture as it is riddled with data everyone would be paying anyways (this is not a problem with the CBO data, just the presentation of the data from Ross and the leftist media). As we all know, all data can be spun to say whatever you want it to say. Statistics is a fun game. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bush's tax cut was on income, and that is not what the CBO shows. Now, I don't know what the reasoning is for the CBO to include these other taxes, however the agenda of Ross and the rest of the media reporting these figures is to show some shift of income from the middle to the upper. Since Ross was a big proponent of using the word "fair" in other posts, don't you think he would feel the same should be expected of himself. Don't you think it would be "fair" to show data that only included income tax if you were going to be discussing only income tax and not allowing other taxes to be part of the discussion?

eg8r

Keith Talent
08-18-2004, 08:18 PM
All you gotta do is move to New York.