PDA

View Full Version : New prizes for the CCB Tourney

RedHell
08-18-2004, 07:51 AM
Hi All,

I'm glad to announce that Tony Jones from Talisman billiard has accepted to give us prizes for our CCB tourney and a discount for our members.

Wendy, you can add to our lists of Prizes the following:

2 x 25 pack of PRO medium tips.
1 x 25 pack of WB medium tips
5 x 9 pack of PRO medium tips
5 x 9 pack of PRO medium tips

Tony will also throw in a bunch a bunch of his new "BK" break jump tips...

The offer is for a 20% discount off on any of Talisman products, purchased through their web site. And in addition Talisman will send one free "BK" tip with each order, for the player to try out. To take advantage of the offer people need to enter the following coupon code when making their purchase : W9J6KS. The special offer will end on August 31st, 2004.

Tony is a thru gentleman and did not hesitate when I asked him if he wanted to sponsor our tourney !!!

TalismanTony
08-24-2004, 05:10 PM
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to mention again the special offer that I have set up for for ccb'ers. From now until the end of the month - 20% discount off of any Talisman product on my website (tips and cases). Just enter the disocunt code W9J6KS when making your purchase. Sorry for the blatant plug but so far no one has taken advantage of this offer.

To everyone that's going to the tourney - have a great time. I wish I could make it over for it.

warm regards,
Tony.

Rich R.
08-25-2004, 03:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TalismanTony:</font><hr> Hi Guys,

I just wanted to mention again the special offer that I have set up for for ccb'ers. From now until the end of the month - 20% discount off of any Talisman product on my website (tips and cases). Just enter the disocunt code W9J6KS when making your purchase. Sorry for the blatant plug but so far no one has taken advantage of this offer.

To everyone that's going to the tourney - have a great time. I wish I could make it over for it.

warm regards,
Tony. <hr /></blockquote>
Tony, don't take offense, because no one has taken advantage of your generous offer. I think the reason may be that everyone has already purchased their Talisman products. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for your contribution of prizes for our tournament. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif
You have been kind enough to support us before and you continue to support us. Thank you.

Wally_in_Cincy
08-25-2004, 06:18 AM
Tony,

re: the tribal cases, how does the lid open and fasten? I can't tell from the picture.

http://www.talismanbilliards.com/TribalLarge.asp

and the website picture represent the actual color of the brown leather. It appears a bit reddish.

one more question. Are you coming out with a 3x5 or 3x6 soon?

Chris Cass
08-25-2004, 07:25 AM
Hi Wally,

On the left side it has two snaps. It opens just like the JJustis cases. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif They're also more light brown than red.

Regards,

C.C.

Wally_in_Cincy
08-25-2004, 08:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Wally,

On the left side it has two snaps. It opens just like the JJustis cases. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif They're also more light brown than red.

Regards,

C.C. <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks CC. Now that you explain it I can see the hinge on the right. They sure are pretty.

9 Ball Girl
08-25-2004, 08:24 AM
Hey Tony! Thanks for your generous offer as always, it is much appreciated. And...

I am definitely going to buy that new tribal case. Is it reddish brown like the picture? I hope so because I fell in love with the case as well as the color. My other question is

I plan to buy it when I return from the Open. Will the coupon code that you've given us still be valid?

Thanks again!
Wendy

RedHell
08-25-2004, 09:58 AM
Hey Wendy,

The coupon code will be expired after the Open. It is good until aug 31st.

As for the color, yes the brown does has a little reddish color in it, not that much. I have a piece of leather that Tony sent me, I'll make sure I bring to VA, you'll be able to see by yourself what the leather look like.

SPetty
08-25-2004, 11:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TalismanTony:</font><hr> 20% discount off of any Talisman product on my website<hr /></blockquote>Just in case we have math challenged folks here, I just wanted to point out that means that you can get a Talisman 2X4 leather cue case, either the original or the newer Tribal, plus 9 cue tips, plus a golf shirt, plus a hand towel, delivered to your door in 7-10 days for a final grand total of $284. Sounds like a good deal to me.

SPetty
08-25-2004, 12:04 PM
hahaha, I'm so funny. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Based on my last post, it seemed like such a good deal that I couldn't pass it up! I inadvertently talked myself into it!

I ordered the black leather tribal case. I can take or leave the design of the case - to me the original and the tribal are pretty much the same. There was no clear advantage of one over the other - their "stats" are identical.

Given that almost everything about them was the same, my decision was that I decided I liked the hinging action of the cover of the tribal a little more than I liked the hinging action of the cover of the original.

RedHell
08-25-2004, 12:11 PM
SPetty,

Congrat on your purchase, I'm sure you won't be disapointed. I had the chance to look at Larry Nevil's tribal and I was very impressed by it. So impressed that I traded a whole year (xmas, easter, birthday, wedding anyversary) of gift from my parents in exchange for a amount of money to put against the purcahse of a tribal.

I haven't purchased mine yet, because I am waiting for the 3X5 which is currently delayed. I was hoping to have it for the Open but Tony is delayed in the distribution process.

9 Ball Girl
08-25-2004, 12:20 PM
Well, I did it. I bought the reddish brown tribal case. This is all Wally's fault. I had totally forgotten about it 'til he posted the link to the picture and I was like, "hmmm I wonder what he's talking about" when Bam! there it was, calling my name..."Wendy, Wendy buy me. Buy me now." (ala Peggy Bundy listening to the statue of Michaelangelo's David in an episode of the Bundy's! LOL)

So you see Spetty, now we can both be fraternal bobsy twins. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I don't think I'll receive it in time for the Open but should have a surprise when I get back?

Oh, and do you guys think that my UPA patch will clash with my new reddish brown tribal case when I stick it on? /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Wendy&lt;---7 more work days...

Tom_In_Cincy
08-25-2004, 12:21 PM
I liked the case, that Tony donated last year, so much, that I purchased one. I am very happy with all the Talisman products.

Now, let's not get them confused, mine's the one with the CCB chain. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

RedHell
08-25-2004, 12:23 PM
Congrat on you purchase Wendy. I wouldn't be surprise you have it for the Open. Talisman is pretty sharp on shipping.

I sure hope you do cuz I want to have a good look at it. I saw the black one and even if I have a patch of leather from the brown one I still wonder how it looks like in real life.

With 7 working days, I think the chance you get it is fair !

RedHell
08-25-2004, 12:25 PM
Tom, what color is yours, Black or Brown ? and is it the tribal ?

9 Ball Girl
08-25-2004, 12:38 PM
Eric, it was in the stars. Upon opening my leftover fortune cookie, the teeny piece of paper inside read Today is a perfect day to give that special person a gift. That means from me to me, no? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I would love to have it before the Open so that I can show it off to you guys. Damn that's a pretty case on the website and I can only imagine when I get it.

You know what this means now, don't you. Now I'm going to have to buy new cues to compliment the case. I don't know if I want to stick my Viking in it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I guess I'll have yet another case to donate at next year's CCB Tourney 4! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ras314
08-25-2004, 12:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I bought the reddish brown tribal case. <hr /></blockquote>
Since this is a thread listing new CCB tournament prizes does this mean the prize is a reddish brown instead of black case.? /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

~~Heading to the table for some serious practice~~

RedHell
08-25-2004, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You know what this means now, don't you. Now I'm going to have to buy new cues to compliment the case. I don't know if I want to stick my Viking in it! <hr /></blockquote>

Not only that but just by walking in with that case on your shoulder you just lost 2 balls worth of weight /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sid_Vicious
08-25-2004, 12:46 PM
"Today is a perfect day to give that special person a gift."

Sounds like that special person is really a trustworthy "friend" named Viking...sid~~~holds even the home one piece Dufferin with pride, so beit a Viking or a SW, I'd case it up well...of course Sid's known to get buy-happy for cues whenever the wind blows different ;-)

RedHell
08-25-2004, 12:47 PM
Wendy,

I just got an idea, you should get you case shipped to the Holiday Inn at the Open !!!

If it comes in early, it will be there waiting for you and it surely will make it while you are there !!!

9 Ball Girl
08-25-2004, 12:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr>Since this is a thread listing new CCB tournament prizes does this mean the prize is a reddish brown instead of black case.? /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif<hr /></blockquote>Ok ok so we've hijacked the thread. Oopsie! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9 Ball Girl
08-25-2004, 12:51 PM
Sounds like a good idea Red but my New York mentality doesn't trust it. Especially since the place will be crawling with poolplayers!

RedHell
08-25-2004, 01:00 PM
Well in my opinion, if you have your room at the Holiday Inn there's no way the front desk will give that to someonelse than you !

Think about all the players that ship themselve their cues !

Tom_In_Cincy
08-25-2004, 01:02 PM
Black Tribal

RedHell
08-25-2004, 01:02 PM
Damn !

ras314
08-25-2004, 01:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Ok ok so we've hijacked the thread. Oopsie! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>
OH NO. Don't commit such a henious crime! Simply get the case shipped to the Holiday Inn and add it to the prize list. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wonder if I dump my vinel Porper case and use a big 'ol rubber band I can get spotted a ball or two?

9 Ball Girl
08-25-2004, 01:12 PM
Yeah I do but still. I guess it's a New Yawk thing. Normally when I want something right away I'll pay extra for the 2 day air or what have you. The option wasn't given so I guess I'll just have to wait!

Troy
08-25-2004, 01:18 PM
Quite a while ago Talisman Tony told me he would be offering 3x6 cases in March of '04. That has been delayed and I have heard nothing more about when or even if it would be offered. I suppose I could settle for a 3x5, but I would prefer a 3x6 since I very often need the room to carry customer cues.

Troy...~~~ Being patient... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

RedHell
08-25-2004, 01:55 PM
Troy,

I've been in touch a lot with Tony regarding the next tribal. The case will be a tribal 3X5 and not a 3X6. The case was supposed to be ready for distribution in july, but Tony has had some problem regarding distribution channel or whatnot.

Right now the latest news I have is that it will be later this year. I was really disapointed, but considering the quality of the case I will be waiting until it is ready.

Rich R.
08-26-2004, 04:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote RedHell:</font><hr> Congrat on you purchase Wendy. I wouldn't be surprise you have it for the Open. Talisman is pretty sharp on shipping.

I sure hope you do cuz I want to have a good look at it. I saw the black one and even if I have a patch of leather from the brown one I still wonder how it looks like in real life. <hr /></blockquote>
Congrats Wendy. I think you'll really like that case.

For your and Eric's information, I saw one of these cases at Valley Forge and it was beautiful. The reddish brown color is very rich looking. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif