PDA

View Full Version : I need an Instructor!!!

Rework
08-18-2004, 09:06 AM
Has anyone ever taken lesions from Tom Simpson or Mark Wilson? I’m interested in taking lesions but I live near Tulsa and don’t know of any “Good” instructors in the area. I found these two on the web & just wanted to see what everyone thought of them before booking a lesion with one of them, or maybe someone knows of someone else that might be better.

woody_968
08-18-2004, 09:11 AM
Many people say Mark Wilson is great, but I have never worked with him so this is hearsay.

Scott Lee from these boards I have worked with, and can tell you if he visits your area do yourself a favor and get with him!

He posts as Scott Lee, if you send him a PM he will respond and tell you if he will be close to you any time soon.

Not trying to take anything away from the others, and If I get the chance I will work with Wilson one day in the future I will take advantage of it.

Rework
08-18-2004, 09:24 AM
Thanks…. Does Scott have a web site? Where is he from? I don't mind traveling to him if he is not in my area, but I just want to get some ideas from everyone on a good instructor before I make a decision on one.

Pelican
08-18-2004, 09:33 AM
Scott is from Bozeman, MT. He travels constantly. Send him a PM and see if he will be in your area. We had him here and he is excellent. Want to get him back for my daughter and a friend.

Later, Pel

Oh forgot: Scott Lee (http://www.poolknowledge.com)

woody_968
08-18-2004, 09:38 AM
Thanks for postin the link Pel, I forgot to put that in my first post /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Cane
08-18-2004, 09:56 AM
Rework,

Since you're in Tulsa, you might also consider Randy Goettlicher of Cue Tech Pool School in Dallas at CueTech (http://www.poolschool.com). Dallas isn't that far from you and I've personally attended three of Randy's classes, Advanced, Expert and BCA Instructor Certification. The knowledge gained there is invaluable.

Later,
Bob
Breakers Billiard Academy (http://members.clnk.com/caneman/academy.htm)
A member of the SPF Family of Instructors

SPetty
08-18-2004, 11:00 AM
Uh, Cane, um, aren't you an instructor in Oklahoma?

pooltchr
08-18-2004, 11:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cane:</font><hr> Rework,

Since you're in Tulsa, you might also consider Randy Goettlicher of Cue Tech Pool School in Dallas at CueTech (http://www.poolschool.com). Dallas isn't that far from you and I've personally attended three of Randy's classes, Advanced, Expert and BCA Instructor Certification. The knowledge gained there is invaluable.

Later,
Bob
A member of the SPF Family of Instructors <hr /></blockquote>

I second the motion!

Rework
08-18-2004, 01:17 PM
Travel isn’t a problem…. I want to have a good instructor, not just an instructor that is near to my home. Dose “CueTech” have the best instructors, or is one of the above better?

Cane
08-18-2004, 02:23 PM
SPetty,

Yes, but right now I'm not taking anyone. I've got three classes scheduled right now and after that, I'm going to be off for a month or so. Don't really need the rest and I love teaching, but I'm in the process of trying to find a seperate building to move the Pool School into and get it out of the pool room. Works OK most times, but there are a lot of interruptions, even during closed hours, like deliveries for beverages, kitchen, or crews in doing cleanup.

Later,
Bob
A member of the SPF Family of Instructors

ottoboy
08-18-2004, 03:09 PM
You want to take 'lesions'?
What grade did you finish in school?
I think you mean 'lessons'.
Sorry to be cat like, but you surely should know how to spell a simple word like 'lessons'
ottoboy

pooltchr
08-19-2004, 06:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rework:</font><hr> Travel isn’t a problem…. I want to have a good instructor, not just an instructor that is near to my home. Dose “CueTech” have the best instructors, or is one of the above better? <hr /></blockquote>

CueTech is the only school in the country with 3 Master instructors on staff. (There are only 9 Master instructors listed on the BCA active instructor list) I don't know of anyone who has been through that program that wouldn't agree that Randy, Jerry, and Doc are all incredible. Many of the pro's go to them when their game need a tune-up. Trust me, you can't go wrong with them.

Wally_in_Cincy
08-19-2004, 06:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ottoboy:</font><hr> You want to take 'lesions'?
What grade did you finish in school?
I think you mean 'lessons'.
Sorry to be cat like, but you surely should know how to spell a simple word like 'lessons'
ottoboy <hr /></blockquote>

It's generally not a good idea to play "spelling police" on a message board. I know this from personal experience.

Inevitably, in your correction, you will make make a spelling or grammatikal erorr.

You're welcome.

ras314
08-19-2004, 10:33 AM
Or rpely to the wrong poster. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Rework
08-19-2004, 10:40 AM
Thanks for everyone’s help….. I will try &amp; contact them to get a price &amp; Class Schedule. I have looked at the website &amp; didn’t see this information listed. Thanks again

Wally_in_Cincy
08-19-2004, 11:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr> Or rpely to the wrong poster. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>

LOL

I did not notise that till now /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pelican
08-19-2004, 11:52 AM
Some folks jest ain't get much elase ta do.

Rework
08-29-2004, 11:17 AM
This is a hard decision to make.... I can attend Randy G.s School for three days for about what Scoot charges for one day. I would rather have a one day lesson because you would have so much to try &amp; remember from a three day class it would be impossible to retain it all. But for the same price as a one day class you might as well take the three day class..... -Shrugs- I don't know.....

Scott Lee
08-29-2004, 09:30 PM
Rework...The basic difference being you're getting me privately one on one for a whole day, and you're in a class with a bunch of other people at Cue Tech for 3 days. Both have value...you just need to decide which one you want right now. I'd recommend both if you can swing it (not at the same time, naturally).

Scott Lee