PDA

View Full Version : Two questions about house cues and balls

faganravens
08-19-2004, 08:30 AM
Table is ready to set up and I need house cues and balls. Dufferin house cues have been suggested - I suppose I need 4? Any other house cue suggestions? Also, is there such a big difference between Super Aramith and regular Aramith balls? Thanks.

woody_968
08-19-2004, 09:15 AM
Dufferin house cues are fine, I think you would be happy with them. As far as how many I would say it depends on how many people you intend to have over at one time, and if any of them or yourself normally play with your own cue. 4 should be plenty, but its always a pain to have to share a cue so I would make sure I had enough. Everyone I play with has their own cue so I only have one for the kids to mess with.

As far as balls go, IMO the Super Aramiths are worth the extra money. I started with a cheaper set because I was tight on funds, but once I had the money I bought the Super Aramiths and I love them. For as long as you will own them dont buy a lesser set just to save a few bucks, you will always wonder if the others would have been better.

tito
08-19-2004, 09:35 AM
Hi, Iīve got Super Aramith Pro and Pro TV, and centennial and the new centennial TV too, well to me the best ball are the super aramith pro, they are really good-quality and in Spain itīs not too expensive.

I saw in the magazine of BD some balls by others houses, to me itīs if you compare brunswick tables with other tables, brunswick itīs brunswick and thatīs all.

The pro use brunswick tables and super aramith pro tv balls, and Iīm sure itīs because the quality of the material.

In the link below you can see the difference between super aramith pro, the normal aramith and the centennials:

http://www.saluc.com/html/billiard/legend.htm

http://www.brunswickbilliards.com/products/brunswick/packages/balls.html

I hope thats help you,tt.

ras314
08-19-2004, 09:40 AM
I went to a lot of trouble and expense to get one of the best table setups in this part of the country and can't see having a ball banger without even his own cue playing on it. I be the only ball banger allowed. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

On a more serious note you might try any local pool halls for extra cues, go for Dufferin if available. I'd ignore the condition of the tips and look for straight cues with good ferrules. Mabey a range of weights. Doesn't hurt to learn how to put own your own tips anyway and can save a bunch of money.

Playing with different house cues for a while is a good way to decide what you want in a cue anyway.

Only problem I'd have with lesser ball sets is watching that little wobble at the end of a roll and wondering if it's the table or the ball.

woody_968
08-19-2004, 09:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr>
Only problem I'd have with lesser ball sets is watching that little wobble at the end of a roll and wondering if it's the table or the ball. <hr /></blockquote>

LOL in my old set the 15 ball would turn at right angles at the end of the roll /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ras314
08-19-2004, 10:26 AM
Woody, I had forgotten whose 15 ball that was. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I hated the wobbly overweight cb's at the local bar so bad I bought them four new ones. Amazingly only one guy noticed the change.

woody_968
08-19-2004, 10:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr>
I hated the wobbly overweight cb's at the local bar so bad I bought them four new ones. Amazingly only one guy noticed the change. <hr /></blockquote>

After a few beers the straight balls look like they wobble, and the balls that wobble look like they roll straight, probably why they didnt notice /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif