PDA

View Full Version : Brunswick Hawthorn - Any thoughts?

duane0
08-19-2004, 11:26 AM
Folks,

I have been lurking for about 3 months on this and other boards trying to get as much information as I can before I sell my first-born child and get a table. I have researched and decided that my table is either going to be a Connelly, Brunswick, Olhausen, AMF, or Diamond (not specifically in that order).

I also have the extra criteria that because the table is going in the house and not in the basement or garage, it needs to be a furniture style table. I have taken my wife with me to look at all of the tables and the tables she likes the best are the AMF Newcastle and the Brunswick Hawthorn.

I have some reservations about buying an AMF table at the top of their price point, so I am leaning toward the Hawthorn. My question is, does anyone have any play or setup experience on these tables? Any complaints?

Sorry the post was so long, but the bullet is in the chamber so I wanted to yell before I fired.

BooBoo
08-19-2004, 01:08 PM
With the situation being what it is I would suggest that if you went with the Hawthorne, I would opt for the 1" framed slate. This is all I have to say about that.

RastaForI
07-15-2006, 08:52 PM
I purchased a Brunswick Hawthorn two weeks ago, 1" slate looks great... very solid with simple lines. The finish is Original Mahogany.

I do realize the post is old, I'm just a guy excited about getting back into pool.