PDA

View Full Version : John "Flip Flop" Kerry is back again...

eg8r
08-19-2004, 02:56 PM
It seems Kerry is at it again. This time he changes his mind after a mere 17 days. Here it is from Boortz... [ QUOTE ]
My sympathies to my liberal Democratic Kerry-voting listeners. You must be scratching your heads this morning over some of The Poodle's latest blatherings.

A few days ago President Bush announced a major redeployment of American troops overseas. Bush said that troops would be withdrawn from both Europe and South Korea. Kerry, of course, being the expert that he is on defense matters and fighting in actual wars and carrying actual guns and all that, had to oppose the President's plans. So The Poodle steps in front of a VFW convention yesterday and delivers this line:

"Why are we withdrawing (he actually said 'withdrawring') unilaterally 12,000 troops from the Korean peninsula at the very time that we are negotiating with North Korea, a country that really has nuclear weapons. This is clearly the wrong signal to send at the wrong time." John Kerry, August 18, 2004

Well .. that would have been just fine, if it hadn't been for pesky things such as memories. Just 17 days earlier Kerry had something completely different to say about troop redeployment:

"I will have significant, enormous reductions in the level of troops ...In the Korean peninsula perhaps, in Europe perhaps." John Kerry, August 1, 2004

Man ... don't you just hate it when that happens?

And how many times did Kerry remind the VFW convention of his service in Vietnam? Sorry, we lost count.

<hr /></blockquote> LOL, you would think he would be a little more steadfast in his opinion on such an important subject. Sure, this type of change-of-mind would be fine if something important had happened during those 17 days. The problem is that the only reason he has changed his mind is because Bush has made the announcement. Surely Kerry could not continue agreeing with his opponent, could he?

eg8r

nAz
08-19-2004, 03:17 PM
hmm i heard this yesterday does not bother me at all he is still a better overall Man then then out current president. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

but not for nothing i do think pulling troops out of SK can be a bad move the NKs may see it as a sign of weakness and even worse the chinese may see it the same way, in their minds they may think we are ready to let them control the pacific rim.

highsea
08-19-2004, 03:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr>but not for nothing i do think pulling troops out of SK can be a bad move the NKs may see it as a sign of weakness and even worse the chinese may see it the same way, in their minds they may think we are ready to let them control the pacific rim.<hr /></blockquote>nAz, Putting 40,000 troops on the DMZ when NK has nukes is asking for trouble. We don't fight wars the same today as we did 50 years ago, and removing troops from the line of fire in Korea does not reduce our effectiveness should things deteroriate to a shooting war.

The fact is, you don't just march in with infantry and tanks. You use air strikes to peel back the defenses and obliterate the other army, then you send in the boots to mop up. South Korea has 650,000 troops anyway. They're not going to miss 12,000 GI's.

I am sure that Kim Jong Il knows how to assess our military strength, as does China. China does not want a nuclear exchange on the Korean Peninsula, trust me, and they know we will not let them threaten the Pacific. As it is, even they admit they cannot handle more than two CSF's, and we have seven.

The next theatre of war for China will be Taiwan. China is gearing up for that now, with massive buildups in both skimmers and Subs. We have bumped up our own ASW programs in response.

China will wait until after the 2008 Olympics, because Beijing wants to showcase itself to the rest of the world, and they don't want to risk a boycott.

Look for China to invade Taiwan in late 2008 or early 2009.

-CM

Qtec
08-19-2004, 04:51 PM
"Look for China to invade Taiwan in late 2008 or early 2009."

Isnt Taiwan part of China? The Chinese seem to think so.

If they do invade, nobody can do anything about it.

Q

highsea
08-19-2004, 05:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Isnt Taiwan part of China? The Chinese seem to think so. <font color="red"> The Taiwanese people may not agree with you Q. </font color>

If they do invade, nobody can do anything about it.
<font color="red"> Don't be too sure. What do you think all those anti-aircraft installations throughout the Taiwanese countryside are for? To protect China? Lol.

Taiwan is getting inceasing support throughout Europe to be admitted to the UN. Taiwan wants sovereignity, and everyone knows it.</font color>

Q <hr /></blockquote>China runs naval excersizes in the Taiwan Straights aimed at intimidating Taiwan.
China runs invasion simulations and announces to the world that they can take control of Taiwan in 6 days.
China is in process of a massive buildup of Frigates, SSK's, and Fighter AC.

Sure, Taiwan is officially part of China, and the US publicly states a "One China" policy. But...Taiwan holds independent elections and gets military aid from the West that China could never get. We do not sell Patriot batteries to China!

Beijing does not set policy in Taiwan.

The only way for China to gain control of Taiwan is militarily, and that is what there entire military structure is focusing on. The PLAN and the PLAAF are gearing up to invade Taiwan, whether you believe it or not.

2008, Q. 2009 at the latest. Mark my words.

-CM

Wally_in_Cincy
08-20-2004, 06:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> ..."Why are we withdrawing (he actually said 'withdrawring')...

<hr /></blockquote>

He also pronounced "peninsula" "penins-you-la" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

He's soooo educated.

I bet he can't say "nukular" as good as Dubya does /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Fair_Play
08-20-2004, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He also pronounced "peninsula" "penins-you-la"
He's soooo educated.
I bet he can't say "nukular" as good as Dubya does <hr /></blockquote>
Bush is a boob..
JFKKHeinz /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gifwell, he is erudite* and urbane, a war hero (just ask him), and has the best record in the senate (just look at what that record is for, though). A better image a crafty self-serving scam artist could not make, and the truth is unraveling to reveal what a 'professional' he is.
*erudite in his case means: forked tongue - but he pronounces the fork very well, and then sticks it in...
WHY oh WHY will he not use his erudition to match the boob, and release ALL his military records? I smell a decomposing rat!
Best Regards,
Fair_Play