PDA

View Full Version : Painting ceramics????

cueball1950
08-19-2004, 07:28 PM
does anyone on here that is going to the OPEN happen to paint ceramics also. It seems that i bought a small pool table with sticks and a rack of balls on ebay to paint myself and canot find the time to do it. So i was wondering if anybody would like it. No charge, like in FREE. Just let me know. the first one who responds and says yes. it is yours........................................mike

SPetty
08-20-2004, 06:33 AM
Yes.

Maybe.

Has it been fired already? So it wants post firing paint rather than pre-firing glaze?

Rich R.
08-20-2004, 07:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Yes.

Maybe.

Has it been fired already? So it wants post firing paint rather than pre-firing glaze? <hr /></blockquote>
If the greenware has been fired once, it becomes bisque, which is white and looks a lot like plaster.
I'm not sure if you can still use glaze, at that point, but it can still be painted, with acrylic paint, and coated with a clear coat. You would never have to fire it again.

I believe using glaze, requires multiple firings, but I don't remember, for sure. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I do remember that there is a chance of breaking the piece, each time you fire it.

If SPetty doesn't take it, Cathy may be interested, but I haven't had a chance to ask her.

ChrisW
08-20-2004, 09:37 AM
If it was bought on ebay then I would have to guess that it has been fired. I don't think anybody would ship greenware.

But then again, I've been wrong before. (only once though)

Chris

cueball1950
08-20-2004, 07:37 PM
Rich is right on the money as usual. follow his directions to paint it. so if you want it spetty i wil bring it to the open for you............................mike

Rich R.
08-21-2004, 05:02 AM
Mike, I spoke to Cathy and, if SPetty passes it up, Cathy would like to have it.
So, just bring it along to the Open and one of these ladies will make sure you don't have to haul it home. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think Mike is going to need a tractor trailer to bring everything to the Open, this year. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif