PDA

View Full Version : Dunno?

nineball33
08-19-2004, 08:21 PM
If a person plays in a small town and never gets to play players that break an run all the time,will it keep the small town looser from doing the same or does the small town player need to go an play better players?

ras314
08-19-2004, 08:33 PM
The town I live near is so small it's called a village. And it is the county seat with something like 600 people.

A year ago a fellow moved back after having lived in Denver and Las Vegas for many years. He is by far the best pool player in these parts after having played in the big towns all those years. His game has gone downhill some now but several others have really improved.

A long winded way to say I vote for going and find better players. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
08-19-2004, 09:36 PM
Play better players, there is nothing really to push a player to a higher level/goal without better competition.

woody_968
08-19-2004, 11:37 PM
IMO if you dont find better players to play your game will not improve. Its hard to keep yourself motivated to get better if nobody you play punishes you when you miss.

cueball1950
08-20-2004, 12:24 AM
while i tend to agree with most of what the other people are posting here i just want to add some of own thoughts on this very interesting subject.
By practicing by your self you will bring your game to a certain level. Once this level is reached,and you should know when that is when no one in your town can beat you anymore. Then it is time to find out where there are tournaments within a days drive and go play in them. Play to the best of your ability in these tournaments and do not get discouraged if you don't win any matches in the first few tournaments or it could be for the first 8 to 10 tournaments. But eventually when your game starts to get better, and it will, you will start winning. Watch what the better players are doing and remember it in the back of your mind until you need it. Watch how they break, play safe, play position and pay careful atention to the better players attitude. Most better players have a definate positive attitude. practice alot of straight pool. After all, that is the game all others are derived from. By doing what i have suggested you will be accomplishing 2 very important things. You will be elevating you game and making yourself mentally tough, tournament tough. Hope this helps................mike