PDA

View Full Version : probably unable to attend CCB tourney

sack316
08-19-2004, 10:52 PM
hey friends, not sure who I should have PMed this too, so i figured I'd just post it on here. Anyway, most of you who know me know about some of my personal problems and demons over the past year or so. Unfortunately it resulted in a rather bad car accident the other night. Luckily I'm ok, just some bad cuts, stitches, and a bulging disk in my neck. my car on the other hand... well gone. but anyway, I have finally decided to take the first step and will be off to a clinic for the next several weeks to get my life back on track hopefully. I doubt I will be back in time for the tourney, so sadly I will have to withdraw my name. If at all possible I'll try to make it so I can meet all of you in person, but I didn't want to leave the bracket hurting in case I can't make it. Sorry about that. Wish me luck, and hopefully I'll see y'all, but in case I don't I'll be there next year! I'll also be without my computer stuff while I am in treatment, so I'll post to let you know how it all goes when i am back. Talk to y'all in a few weeks, everyone be safe and take care

sack

stickman
08-19-2004, 11:06 PM
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Get well and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Jim

sack316
08-20-2004, 01:05 AM
thanks Jim. It's something I've been needing to do for a long time. Guess sometimes it just takes a wake up call or ten to get ya there.

cueball1950
08-20-2004, 01:15 AM
Sack.. what can i say....i know what.And i know i speak for everybody on this board.. the hell with the tournament and go get yourself healed. Go with Gods speed and blessings. All your friends on here will be praying for your speedy recovery and we will see you next year.......MIke

Rich R.
08-20-2004, 03:46 AM
Sack, take care of yourself. That is the important thing to do.

We will all see you, when we see you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rukiddingme
08-20-2004, 06:44 AM
Hi Sack,
Good luck in your new journey. Remember to take it one day at a time...I have for the last 4 years and for today...
ruk

Wally_in_Cincy
08-20-2004, 06:47 AM
I'm glad you didn't get seriously injured. You are making a wise decision by trying to get clean. I wish you luck and health.

SPetty
08-20-2004, 07:06 AM
Good luck, sack. It's not going to be the easiest thing you do, but it'll be a good thing.

9 Ball Girl
08-20-2004, 07:52 AM
Can I have your raffle prize?

In all seriousness, you're doing the right thing. The Open will always be there. Godspeed in your recovery and if by chance you have the opportunity to visit us, maybe it'll be the Friday of the CCB Dinner.

Best wishes,
Wendy

Eric.
08-20-2004, 08:09 AM
Sack,

Good luck with the recovery. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before things get better. I hope you stay the course and don't look back.

Eric

sack316
08-20-2004, 09:29 AM
thanks for your support guys and gals... it really means alot to me. This is making me more nervous that any tournament I've ever been in /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif but seriously I'll miss coming on here and chatting with y'all over the next few weeks as much as I'll miss my teams and messing around with them. I'm about to hop in the shower and get dressed, and by then my folks should be here to take me up there. With God's blessing I'll come back to y'all in 2-3 weeks a new and better man. I love all of you.

PQQLK9
08-20-2004, 10:54 AM
I'm rootin for you big guy. Hurry back.