PDA

View Full Version : Talisman tips

BoBB
08-20-2004, 01:37 AM
I have heard nothing but good reviews about the talisman tips ... does anyone here use them and are they as good as all the hype?

Troy
08-20-2004, 08:50 AM
I've been using Talisman Pro series tips for years. I had de-lamination problems at first, but it was my fault when installing them. After learning to be careful about HEAT when burnishing and shaping, I've had zero problems. I had one Talisman Pro Soft tip last about 15 months of every day use.
I have many customers converted to Talisman Pro tips and they are all very satisfied.

Troy

Cane
08-20-2004, 09:02 AM
Troy,

Glad you posted that. I have used Talismans also, and the last two I put on delaminated. Maybe I was spinning them too fast in the lathe when I burnished them. In any case, I replaced them with Moori III Quicks. Actually, I find the playability of the Talisman right there with the Moori III's at a much more reasonable price.

Later,
Bob
Breakers Billiard Academy (http://members.clnk.com/caneman/academy.htm)
A member of the SPF Family of Instructors

stickman
08-20-2004, 11:12 AM
I've been installing Talismans for over two years with no problems until just recently. I had two delaminations over the last month. These were from two very good players. I'll continue to put them on and monitor them, but if I continue to see delaminations I'll likely replace them with something else. I'm currently using an Everest on my primary shooting cue. Right now, it seems to be the best tip I've played with. It's only been on for a month. We'll see if it continues to be my favorite over time.

BoBB
08-20-2004, 11:21 AM
not to sound dumb but ... what is delamination?

stickman
08-20-2004, 11:27 AM
The layers start separating. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

PQQLK9
08-20-2004, 11:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BoBB:</font><hr> not to sound dumb but ... what is delamination? <hr /></blockquote>

It's what your hair is doing on your picture /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

BoBB
08-20-2004, 11:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote BoBB:</font><hr> not to sound dumb but ... what is delamination? <hr /></blockquote>

It's what your hair is doing on your picture /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. <hr /></blockquote>

HAHAHAHA ... Okay so whats the best way to avoid that? I actually just ordered by cue a few days ago and didnt think to ask these questions before I bought it :P I ordered with a talisman tip based on the raves of reviews ive found heh

PQQLK9
08-20-2004, 12:01 PM
I have a talisman medium on one of my cues and it is fine. I had it installed by a professional and I don't monkey with it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

RedHell
08-20-2004, 12:02 PM
Mainly 3 rules will avoid delamination:

1- Control the heat when burnishing
2- Never apply water or other foreign product
3- Always shape with care and against the layer from the top to the bottom.

Talisman have a great FAQ (http://www.talismanbilliards.com/FAQ.asp) about their tip including instruction on how to put them on.

marek
08-21-2004, 12:07 PM
Hi!
I started to use Talisman WB medium tip on my cue recently and it plays just great.

Troy
08-21-2004, 02:38 PM
IMO, Talisman WB's are slightly HARDER than Talisman Pro's.

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote marek:</font><hr> Hi!
I started to use Talisman WB medium tip on my cue recently and it plays just great. <hr /></blockquote>