PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back Jack.

Chris Cass
08-20-2004, 10:32 AM
Hello everyone,

SPetty, your killing me. LOL Not coming to visit then to walk in and see that post well, I was floored. I know where your heart is and that's all that counts to me. I also appreciate the many friends I do have. I thank you all for your support.

Battling Cancer and anyone who has ever faced these life threatening deseases (sp) like Barry, Troy, Stickman and many others know what I'm talking about. When faced with these things in your life it humbles you.

You value the people in your life that, love and support you. Some however, don't deserve a place in your heart. I was never that close to anyone in my life. Friends were always aqquaintences. It wasn't till I started posting on the ccb till I began letting people into my heart. I've posted this before to many. I'd do anything short of murder for a friend. Unless, it was Barry. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Those of you that have had, the displeasure of reading the vincent post. I apologize for the thread. I found out this poster was a friend. I thought he was a friend. I was responsible for the thread being deleted.

First let me say that I'm not against anyone in disagreement with me. I'm a true American and believe everyone has a right to their opinion. I expressed this to Admin in my pm. What disturbed me was the use of my bio put into his bio. That was personal to me. I requested that my bio be deleted in his section only. Admin took this to BD and it was determined after reading all the posting that, it wasn't really about pool and it was more personal I imagine? So, they deleted the entire thread.

This was not me bragging. It is my resumme. The only one that I've ever made till, I came to this board. I never thought about it till, I remembered Buddy Hall telling Mark Wilson how important it was to get sponsorship. I actually thought you was suppose to give a list your triumps.

That wasn't the bragging part that was refered to. It was my sponsorship, that made some uneasy. You have to see my point of view. I had never been sponsored nor thought I ever would. I was so happy. I mean happy enough to tell the world. I told my friends. Well, some that I thought were my friends. It's like showing off the new car. You want to share your joy with the ones that love you.

It's something that gives hope to all. That anything is possible. Just that glimmer of hope that keeps you dreaming. Like Mosconi, well up there in yrs and shooting like he was 20. Who wouldn't want to share that with their friends?

It turns out that vincent was a homeboy for 13 yrs. Along with others that, I thought were my friends. Noone from the board at all. Someone I've supported and said many kind and positvie things to in the past. They couldn't have waited for the best time. The Open so close and it devistated me to say the least.

I'm not the sick weak man, I was last yr. I didn't know how strong I was till, recently speaking to a friend. Thank you Carol. Thank all of you. A special thanks to the lurker, Tim Howard. Tim, you truely are a good person.

I don't expect to walk in and take off the Open. I can only do better than 2 and out. That wasn't the intent of this fine gift of love my gracious sponsors afforded me. It was a gift that some wanted to share. A gift from them to me, to do something I love with some of the best players on the planet. In the most prestegious event in the world. This was not charity. It's not about money.

Let me tell you. I don't care if I don't make, one stinken ball. I'll be dammed, if I am going to let this gift be shaddowed by anyone. It's the greatest gift I've ever had in my entire life next to my son. So, these so called friends can go, and twist that knife. I'm Back!

I'm going and I will do the thing I love most and do it with these poeple that are my true friends.

Sincerely,

Chris~~now to answer the million pms. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

highsea
08-20-2004, 10:41 AM
Hey Chris,
I knew you weren't going to let that $hit get you down.

It's gonna take more than a little woofin' from a stick-twirlin' wannabe to bring down the Cassman! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Go get'em buddy. You know who your friends are.

-CM

Barbara
08-20-2004, 10:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>
Chris~~now to answer the million pms. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, go answer your millions pms!

Barbara~~~CC is back! CC is back!!

Wally_in_Cincy
08-20-2004, 11:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>
...Let me tell you. I don't care if I don't make, one stinken ball. I'll be dammed, if I am going to let this gift be shaddowed by anyone....<hr /></blockquote>

you 'da man

now go do your drills /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Troy
08-20-2004, 11:23 AM
Go get 'em Chris !!!

And remember ---ILLIGITIMUS NON CARBORUDUM !!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Troy

RedHell
08-20-2004, 11:31 AM
I'm glad to see you're back on track Chris.

My heart is with you while you prepare, my body will be there when you succeed !

Looking forward to sweat your matches !

Sid_Vicious
08-20-2004, 11:32 AM
Chris,

I put off any PMs, figured time itself would produce a positive effect, besides...I'm pretty lame when it comes to wisdom issues involving problems of this category. I will add though that I've been injured in the personal trusting region at times and it set me back bigtime, until I began to look around at all of the positive people surrounding me, far out numbering those few idiots. I've also settled myself to a very calm state by remembering someone I'd possibly seen recently sitting in front of their meager little frame house, bound to a wheel chair, and suddenly all my thoughts of anything causing internal depression and anger just left with a giant sigh, cuz my stuff was really small in comparison. Those people who thought they were going to get to my better side and bring me down were gone from my mind,,,they were the smallest of small people, many, many more great people I can grow positively from. Today, it sounds like that's where you've gotten to yourself.

Play well CC.

Sid

SPetty
08-20-2004, 12:33 PM
Okee Dokee, then. That sounds a lot more like the Cassman I've come to know and love. Leave that other one at home in September, 'kay?

Welcome back. Now what'd you do with Popcorn? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Popcorn
08-20-2004, 12:53 PM
I haven't posted in about a week. Friends of ours in Arcadia lost their home in hurricane Charlie and we have been back and forth trying to help. I would sit down at the computer and begin to read the posts and they just seem all so trivial, I had no interest in posting. I still feel sort of the same way but let me ramble here a little. I was just looking at the past posts and saw yours and then read your post from today. I have to tell you, if you have been disappointed by a friend, join the club, we all have. To be honest, friends have to almost prove they are your friends or they remain suspect, I have gotten close to very few people in my life. Friends can be funny sometimes and sometimes you discover who your real friends are in most unusual ways. I only had a "George Bailey" (It's a wonderful life) moment once in my life. I was almost devastated how the people that I trusted most would stab me in the back and the ones you never really paid that much attention to or thought much about, when the chips were down where there for you.

Regarding the US Open. I don't want to shock you, but you probably won't win. And you will be in good company because neither will most all of the others, I believe one forth will go 2 and out regardless what their names are. If winning was the only reason to play there would be no more then maybe a dozen players who would even find it worth going. That's not why you play. You play because you are a "pool player" and that is what pool players do, win or lose, they play. I was watching the Olympics the other night and they had on the women's shot put. You know a few of the women competing didn't even have a lifetime personal best long enough that would allow them to advance past the preliminary rounds. They know this before they even come. It doesn't matter, they are shot putters and competing is what they do if only against themselves for a personal best. Not winning does not create a loser, not trying is that dark place where you find the losers.

I laugh at all those guys with the season tickets to games who like to refer to their favorite teams accomplishments as, "We" did this or "We" did that", attempting to feel important through the accomplishments of others. They can't even reach the shoe tops of the man that comes in last but puts himself out there for the love of a sport. I saw one of the most unusual interviews the other night at the Olympics when the interviewer asked the girl if she was disappointed in her performance. The girl looked straight at the interviewer with a big smile on her face and said, "Are you kidding, I just won a bronze medal in the Olympics". I am sure the interviewer not in a thousand years could ever understand. I have only known one Olympian in my life. When I worked construction I worked with a guy that was a weight lifter in the Olympics. He did not win a medal, but it was easy to see that having been there and competing was the proudest thing in his life. So, you will go to the US Open and play, and you will represent yourself, your family and pay homage to the sport you have devoted much of your life to. Why, because you are a pool player and playing is what pool players do.

9 Ball Girl
08-20-2004, 01:06 PM
Well it's about time! When someone tries to put me down in some sort of negative way, I'll recite one of my many refrigerator magnets:

God must like stupid people. He created a whole lot of 'em! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

See you very very soon! And....I hope you'll like my surprise.............

Wendy~~~10 work days left 'til I land in Norfolk! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Steve Lipsky
08-20-2004, 01:14 PM
Great, great post, sir.

- Steve

Barbara
08-20-2004, 01:18 PM
Tap! Tap! Tap!

Excellent post!

Barbara

Wally_in_Cincy
08-20-2004, 01:27 PM
That was very well stated. Thanks for taking the time to write it.

Tom_In_Cincy
08-20-2004, 01:49 PM
Now I can start SWEATING again. All your matches.. either 2 or 10.. I'll be there.

shoutout33
08-20-2004, 01:56 PM
I KNEW IT! KNEW IT, KNEW IT, KNEW IT!!! Bump those fools Chris! Go to that Open and CRUSH folk man or have fun trying! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Whatever you do, you enjoy the touney man because you deserve it...you really do! You're lucky I can't afford a plane ticket to the QC to visit. I'd be searching hi and low for you just to give you some dap...er, pat on the back; handshake; you know, give some love! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I'm such a nut! Man, I know I haven't been on this board as long as everyone else Chris, but man, with you being from my home town and all, it's going to be cool to hear how you do at the Open. By the way, I'm guilty of being a part of that million PM crowd. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Shoutout~~~giddy as you know what to see C.C. back! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

Daris L. Cotton

Ross
08-20-2004, 02:25 PM
Welcome back, CC! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Remember that any time you are having success (like making friends on this Board and being sponsored for the Open) someone will get jealous and try to bring you down so they don't feel bad about themselves. Of course it hurts a lot more when it is someone you thought was on your side. The lesson though is to not trust that person anymore, not to doubt yourself or to doubt friendship in general. Better to get burned occasionally than wall yourself off where you don't get close to anyone. It's sort of like 9-ball - you could play defensive all of the time never risking a difficult shot, but where's the fun in that?

On another topic, I was reading the BD article about Jose Garcia recently and I thought about your preparation for the Open. Jose is a fantastic player (what a beautiful stroke and several 300+ runs in straight pool!!) who used to have trouble doing anthing at all in tournaments (that's NOT why I thought of you /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif). He says he was a perfectionist and he would practice his butt off up to the day of the tournament. Well, more recently, for some reason he was not able to play at all the week or so before some tourney (other life things came up) and he came in and finally lived up to his potential, playing better than ever before in tournament matches. Since then he has been going gangbusters, getting 4th in the '03 SuperExpo and 9th in the '03 US Open.

The point is, I think I know how hard you work and what high expectations you put on yourself, so I'm just hoping you don't overdo your preparation. You might think about doing some non-pool related relaxing in the next couple of weeks. "Cleanse the palate", so to speak, so you come in fresh and rested.

Of course, you are the tourney veteran and I'm not, so you know what works for you. Just food for thought from a guy that would need the 6-out from you! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Look forward to seeing you and the other CCB'ers in a couple of weeks!

9 Ball Girl
08-20-2004, 02:31 PM
Chris -

Just to echo Ross' post. You yourself said that this time around you're not sick and weak like last year and you're stronger so already, IMO, your in the right frame of mind.

Chris Cass
08-20-2004, 03:38 PM
Hi Popcorn,

I decided to answer your post first as my fingers are about to fall off from typing all the pm replies.

Had I, listen to you in the first place? I would have avoided this whole thing. I wouldn't have endured the pain I had taken. I don't know what would had been worse? Not knowing who or dealing with finding out?

In any event, you are a true gentleman. I have so much respect for you my dear friend. Your straight-up. That's how you are and you don't don't get better than that. Someone once told me that and I find it to be true, now that I've experienced it.

Anyone who has ever competed in tournaments knows that, you not only have to play good, but you have to be lucky. You could play perfect and still lose. Losing is not what I fear. I would have quit long ago if that were the case. I can only give my best, that's all I have. I don't expect to win a match. I do expect to make every attempt to put my best foot forward.

Barbara, suggested I'd copy your post and save it to return to read it, when things come up in my life later down the road. Well, I'm not going to do that. No need, your post will be ingrained in brain forever. You are truely an inspiration to all of us here. I for one would like to tell you publically. That your words a valued here. They're filled with wisdom and knowledge, that makes this place so special. Thank you for being a poster here. It has truely been an honor.

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

woody_968
08-20-2004, 04:45 PM
CC, I was really glad to see this post. I thought many times about sending you a pm and jumping your !@# for letting anyone bring get into your head like that. I didnt send it because I knew you wouldnt let it last long, and apperently you didnt.

I understand that when people you thought were friends let you down it can be hard to take, but always look at it like this, its better to find out sooner than later.

Take care, and glad to see you back posting where you belong.

tateuts
08-20-2004, 05:45 PM
Now Popcorn, that was a post.

Chris

stickman
08-20-2004, 09:36 PM
PC, I'm sorry for your friends loss to their home. Fortunately they are alright? As long as they're okay, all is not lost. My prayers will be with them.

Regarding the US Open: Well said Popcorn. For me, I hope to see CC enjoy himself, play his best, and have the memory of a lifetime.

As for you: Get back to work. LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif You were missed.

Jim

LivinGr8
08-21-2004, 04:31 AM
These types of posts are the "lifeline" that I need to maintain my game sanity. I play the game because I thouroughly enjoy it, wanting to improve all the time and I come to this forum because I know there are others who do the same. Thanks be to all who give there experiences and advice from the heart. If anything be said, let it be encouraging and to the good of all. Thanks to C.C. and others who have "kindled the fire" that burns inside of me and others I'm sure.
The best to you and your friends on their recovery.

Voodoo Daddy
08-21-2004, 04:45 AM
Your back? Where the "F" did ya go? I read most of the posts on this thread and have little to add. What I will add is this...If you let others bring you down, your not ready to move ahead. If you bring you down, you'll never be ready to move ahead.

If you beat cancer, get to look at your family when you at one time thought you would never be able to do that again, get back to the thing that you love as much as I think you do and build yourself back up to the level of handling the task at hand...YOU ARE READY TO MAKE A STATEMENT AT THIS TOURNAMENT.

Voodoo~~~done babbling

Terry
08-21-2004, 05:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Anyone who has ever competed in tournaments knows that, you not only have to play good, but you have to be lucky. You could play perfect and still lose. Losing is not what I fear. I would have quit long ago if that were the case. I can only give my best, that's all I have. I don't expect to win a match. I do expect to make every attempt to put my best foot forward.

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Hi Chris, My daughter will be representing Canada at the girls World Junior 9-Ball Championships this nov. in Australia and i'm sure she as some doubts as to compete with the best girls in the world. What I told my daughter was it's not about just winning at this point,just prepare as hard as you can and then enjoy the experience of a life time, because it'll be a memory that you will have for the rest of your life. My point to her was, if you prepare as best as you can, than thats all you can do because theirs nothing wrong with losing if it's because of the other player and not you. At 14 yrs. old I don't know if she will win a match but I do know that she will not only grow as a player but more importantly she will grow as a person and she will see that the world has many opportunities and cultures for people to share. Chris go to the open and enjoy the experience because most people can read about it or hear about it BUT they can't live it, you have this opportunity, so take it. Give it your best and that'll be reason for you to have peice in whatever the outcome is. Good Luck at the open. Terry

bluewolf
08-21-2004, 06:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Popcorn,

Had I, listen to you in the first place? I would have avoided this whole thing. I wouldn't have endured the pain I had taken. I don't know what would had been worse? Not knowing who or dealing with finding out?

In any event, you are a true gentleman. I have so much respect for you my dear friend. Your straight-up. That's how you are and you don't don't get better than that. Someone once told me that and I find it to be true, now that I've experienced it.

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Chris,

I ditto your assessments about popcorn. He is truly straight up, which, in my book, people who just say what I want to hear, not what they think I need to hear are no friends at all. The only ones I trust are the ones like popcorn, who tell it straight up.

I have gotten a lot from what popcorn says here, not just in pool either, but the glimpses of how he lives his life, the kind of person and friend he is that somehow has come across over time.

I am glad for you that you can feel good about playing and put all the BS behind you. Win or lose, you honor your family and all of us here on ccb for going to the open. I know there will be a lot of ccbers there cheering you on, and that you will have a great time with some that deserve to be called friends.

Laura

Sid_Vicious
08-21-2004, 07:13 AM
That's a damn fine babble there Voodoo, said it all IMO...sid

Barry
08-21-2004, 07:25 AM
Hey Chris,

DO you mean murder for me or murder ME???? Just kidding!

I've got a story for you. THis happened in 1991 or '92.
A guy named Jeff Tucker and I became friends after I made him a cue and talked alot. Well, he and another guy get to talking about how much Dad's cues went up in value after Dad passed away in 1988.

Jeff tells the guy, "Yeah, I want to get a dozen of Barry's cues and then kill him".

Well, I hear about this and I call Jeff. I asked if it was true and he sheepishly admits to saying it.

So I told him "I'm cutting you off after eleven cues. You'll never get #12". We laughed our butts off!Unfortunately Jeff died a couple of years ago. But I can still see him smiling.

Be well my friend,
Barry

Barbara
08-21-2004, 09:20 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AndreaWilson
08-21-2004, 12:21 PM
Hi Terry,

I'm going slightly of course here, but Maryann McConnell will also be representing Canada in Austria (I thought it was in December) in the Women's 9 Ball. She has a pool room in Port Alberni on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. She is my mentor and may have some wonderful words of support for your daughter if she gets nervous.

Good Luck! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dr_billiards
08-21-2004, 12:26 PM
Welcome back Chris, I missed ya!
Doc B /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Terry
08-21-2004, 01:04 PM
Hi Andrea, in my post to Chris I didn't comment on the friend issue because I think Popcorn done a great post on the subject, actually he covered it all. I just wanted to compare Chris' opportunity with my daughters because i'm sure there'll always be some pressure to win but a person has to understand that the experience in itself is priceless and it would be sad for one to miss a great opportunity when it comes yourway.

Your right the Womens is in Austria in Dec. and the Juniors girls as well as boys is in Australia in nov. The juniors were going to be held in Sydney but got moved to Adelaide because they plan on having television cameras there and I think the thought of tv will make my daughter nervous. The tv did a little spot on my daughter about a month ago,she was nervous with the camera on her and the thought of being on tv. Any words from Maryann would be great. Thanks, Terry

Rod
08-21-2004, 03:58 PM
Chris,

It's fine that you post this but I never knew you were gone, much less come back. I've paid little atention to this thread because you my friend are giving it way more attention that is really needed. For what? You don't have anything to prove. Your friends know that, all they want is you.

I'll be dammed if I'd let someone rain on my parade, just go and play. If your letting a couple, or some people get under your skin, you obviously have forgot about what got you to where your at right now, life and pool. Those that want to hurt, or bring you down don't exist. F--- them, now get off your butt and go play. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif You'll have a very supportive cast waiting for you, thats what you should be thinking of and the good times within. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif You don't do well, well thats the way it goes. You might supprise yourself though if we get that head screwed on right.

rod's little brother gets confused sometimes

Stretch
08-21-2004, 04:35 PM
Hey Rod! good post. I can't believe someone is takeing shots at CC. i don't even want to know....but i'm with you on the fu&amp;^em additude for the nay-sayers. Lifes too short, you know what i mean? Someone dosn't like what your about, fuc#em! Ya, i like that.:) St.

Chris Cass
08-21-2004, 07:14 PM
Hi Rod,

I know how you and many others feel. I just needed to get things back into prespective. Too many pool players think that only they count and everyone else means nothing.

Besides, I've got Gus Szamboti' underwear and that means. I don't know what that means? hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Regards,

C.C.

Chris Cass
08-21-2004, 07:20 PM
Hi Barry,

Are you kidding? Just say the word and I'll come there and beat the dog poop out of anyone with a piece of corn. I'll need Art Cantando to hold them down though. I don't like working alone. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That was a great story Barry. Thanks for the laugh. I sure bet Jeff was turning about 10 shades of red about then. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Your friend and hitman,

Chris~~knows corn can hurt. lol

Rod
08-21-2004, 07:50 PM
I know how you feel Chris, kind of but I drop em like a hot potato.

Now about that underwear, I don't know what it means either. ha ha But I might give that more thought than what you were thinking about. My underwear is a little tight, do you think that's why I miss a long shot sometimes? Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

~~~ rod, hates a wedgie

Chris Cass
08-22-2004, 08:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> I know how you feel Chris, kind of but I drop em like a hot potato.

Now about that underwear, I don't know what it means either. ha ha But I might give that more thought than what you were thinking about. My underwear is a little tight, do you think that's why I miss a long shot sometimes? Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

~~~ rod, hates a wedgie <hr /></blockquote>

HAHAHAHA Hi brother Rod,

I was surprised to open a card that was mailed to me. Well, to my cue. LOL It was denoting the 1 yr birth of my cue and the gift of a small piece of T-shirt from Gus. I never laughed so hard and never felt more pleased that a friend could make me feelso happy. VF never looked so good.

Regards,

C.C.~~Barbara' got the fruit of the looms. hahahahahaha j/k

Chris Cass
08-22-2004, 09:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Troy:</font><hr> Go get 'em Chris !!!

And remember ---ILLIGITIMUS NON CARBORUDUM !!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Troy <hr /></blockquote>

HAROLD HELP,

I don't spanish.

Regards,

C.C.~~Latin? lol

Chris Cass
08-22-2004, 09:01 AM
Hi Wendy,

and I'm sure I won't. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

Chris Cass
08-22-2004, 09:04 AM
Hey Daris,

You've already got me rolling. You've got to be the most wound person I know. God love ya brother. LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~laughed for 30 mins. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
08-22-2004, 09:08 AM
Hi Terry,

Tell your wonderful daughter that I said, she's not alone. Just do the thing she loves and remember that all that counts is that she does it with the people that love her. We all want her to succeed and are willing to go all the way not just one time but forever.

Regards,

C.C.

RedHell
08-22-2004, 09:10 AM
Hi Chris,

It is latin, and here's the lowdown on that expression:

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, this means "Don't let the bastards grind you down", but it is not
real Latin; it is a pseudo-Latin joke.

"Carborundum" is a trademark for a very hard substance composed of silicon
carbide, used in grinding. (The name "Carborundum" is a blend of "carbon"
and "corundum". "Corundum" denotes aluminium oxide, and comes to English
from Tamil kuruntam; it is related to Sanskrit kuruvinda = "ruby".) "The
"-ndum" ending suggests the Latin gerundive, which is used to express
desirability of the activity denoted by the verb, as in Nil desperandum =
"nothing to be despaired of"; addendum = "(thing) fit to be added";
corrigendum = "(thing) fit to be corrected"; and the name Amanda, from
amanda = "fit to be loved").

Illegitimis is the dative plural of illegitimus = "illegitimate"; the
gerundive in Latin correctly takes the dative to denote the agent.
Illegitimus could conceivably mean "bastard" in Latin, but was not the
usual word for it: Follett World-Wide Latin Dictionary (Follett, 1967)
gives nothus homo for bastard of known father, and spurius for bastard of
unknown father.

The phrase seems to have originated with British army intelligence early
in World War II. It was popularized when U.S. general Joseph W. "Vinegar
Joe" Stilwell (1883-1946) adopted it as his motto. Various variant forms are
in circulation.

Gianfranco Boggio-Togna
Milano (Italy)

<hr /></blockquote>

My latin wasn't good enough to translate the whole sentence, but my google skills are at a master level /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris Cass
08-22-2004, 09:11 AM
Tap, Tap, Tap.

C.C.~~I whole heartedly agree. after I get done drilling I know what happens. first you go done then, something happens and it's all up from there. just didn't finally hit. the magnitude of this event can be extremely overwhelming.

Chris Cass
08-22-2004, 09:13 AM
Likewise DocB,

C.C.

Barbara
08-22-2004, 09:17 AM
In other words, "Don't let the b@st@rds get you down".

Barbara

Terry
08-22-2004, 09:24 AM
Hi Chris,

I'm looking forward to your stories from the open when you get back, you lucky bugger you. Best of luck to ya, Terry

Troy
08-22-2004, 09:44 AM
Great explanation Red. Try your skills on this one ---

"Testimus prehendae, corda sequitur et mentez"

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Troy

RedHell
08-22-2004, 10:31 AM
OK, my google skills weren't enough to solved that one so I had to also use my brain (dang I hate that...)

I'll take a swing at it:

Beware of the pitfalls, listing to the wise and your wisdom ! ???

Troy
08-22-2004, 10:53 AM
Nope. Not the way I learned it. A few clues --
.. Testimus &gt;&gt; Testes
.. Prehendae &gt;&gt; Apprehend
.. Corda &gt;&gt; Cardiac
.. Mentez &gt;&gt; Mental

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Troy...~~~ Won't vouch for the "Latin" spelling... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote RedHell:</font><hr> OK, my google skills weren't enough to solved that one so I had to also use my brain (dang I hate that...)

I'll take a swing at it:

Beware of the pitfalls, listing to the wise and your wisdom ! ???

<hr /></blockquote>

Stretch
08-22-2004, 11:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Terry:</font><hr> Hi Chris,

I'm looking forward to your stories from the open when you get back, you lucky bugger you. Best of luck to ya, Terry <hr /></blockquote>

Hey buddy! Yes i hope Chris will regale us with storys of the open too! And we want a full report out of you too for the upcomeing Worlds! That's so cool your daughter getting to experience that with you. I saw the piece ATV did on her last Month along with her proud pappa. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Good on ya! Will she be useing the Vicking i sold you? It's got magic in it ya know /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif St.

Terry
08-22-2004, 07:13 PM
Hi Stretch,

Good to see you posting buddy. I'll share some of our experience at the worlds for sure. She has only got half of your cue, she's got the 314 on my old butt and i've got your butt on my new shaft. BTW, I lost in the finals of the provincials at Eastside. Oh ya I almost forget, Dale will be holding a fundraiser for Jessica in Halifax soon at his spryfield club, hope you can attend. I'll be seeing you this season at a tournament somewhere i'm sure. Terry