PDA

View Full Version : dirty cloth - how to clean?

tn8ball
08-20-2004, 10:36 AM
Having a pool party next weekend (not swimming, like I really need to point that out HERE) and my cloth is FILTHY. I've vacumed, wiped, everything I can think of and my hand still gets very blue after a short while. I've heard of a "miracle cloth cleaner" in a can for about $10. I figure the only miracle would be me spending $10 on a can. Anyway, what's the best way to really clean Simonis cloth?

Barbara
08-20-2004, 10:43 AM
Get yourself a bucket of clean water and a towel you won't need anymore - about 20 x 20. Get the towel wet and wring it out just about as much as you can. Then start wiping your cloth up and down, one section at a time and always in the same direction. I divide my table into thirds and wipe down a third at a time, head rail to foot rail.

You may have to repeat this a couple times - use fresh water if you do.

Barbara

GeorgeV
08-20-2004, 10:47 AM
Based on some recommendations I've read on this and other pool forums, I purchased a can of Quick_Clean a few weeks ago to clean my Simonis cloth. It works great! I bought only one can of it and didn't bother getting a wiper. I just use a microfiber cloth. I'm told that it's important to use a microfiber cloth, and I have a bunch of them, so I can't say how any other type of cloth performs. You just spray the foam from the can, wipe it off immediately, and that's all there is to it. It dries almost instantly. No more dirty bridge hand. I also brush my cloth and use a sticky-rubber lint roller on it once in a while.

I haven't visited the website, so I don't know what they charge if you buy the product there, but here's the URL (from an ad in Inside Pool magazine): www.quick-clean.com (http://www.quick-clean.com)

Good luck.

Frank_Glenn
08-20-2004, 01:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote GeorgeV:</font><hr> Based on some recommendations I've read on this and other pool forums, I purchased a can of Quick_Clean a few weeks ago to clean my Simonis cloth. It works great! I bought only one can of it and didn't bother getting a wiper. I just use a microfiber cloth. I'm told that it's important to use a microfiber cloth, and I have a bunch of them, so I can't say how any other type of cloth performs. You just spray the foam from the can, wipe it off immediately, and that's all there is to it. It dries almost instantly. No more dirty bridge hand. I also brush my cloth and use a sticky-rubber lint roller on it once in a while.

I haven't visited the website, so I don't know what they charge if you buy the product there, but here's the URL (from an ad in Inside Pool magazine): www.quick-clean.com (http://www.quick-clean.com)

Good luck.
<hr /></blockquote>

You can use any towel that is lint free. Old T-shirts work well. The microfiber will do a better job, but an old T-shirt or bath towel (old, no lint!) will do OK. I used to buy painter rags at Lowe's before we found the microfiber towels did so well. I am no longer associated with Quick-Clean, but the product works as advertised.

pooldaddy9
08-20-2004, 09:03 PM
Quick clean works great but if you can't get a hold of any quick enough, you can use a little simple green (4 to 1) in a spray bottle and mist and wipe the table.