PDA

View Full Version : MPD (Multiple Personality Disorder)

rackmup
05-11-2002, 07:00 PM
Bill's Friend 198.81.17.44
Kaz 198.81.17.164
Ty from USA 198.81.16.32
Ty Van Zandt 198.81.16.32
Anonymous 198.81.16.32

Are all of the above, the same person? They have a similar M.O.:

Nothing pool related ever posted.
Inflammatory posts
P.I.M.A.! (think about it)

You computer wizzes should know if it is the same guy/gal or not.

Regards,

Ken (hoping for MPD...that way, I can have my own pool league team and only I have to show up)

Tom_In_Cincy
05-11-2002, 09:35 PM
Ken
Do you really get offended from anon.. ?
I would think that you were better than that, to let someone that no one knows let you get this riled..

Ignore them and they will go away.. don't respond and recognize their posts.. I guarantee they will go away.. they always do.. all of them.. if they get any attention, they will continue.. if ignored.. they will leave..

05-11-2002, 09:48 PM
Tom, that will never happen because if it did who would Ken be able to attack? Think about it; all of you who are in Ken's harem. I have said it many times that Ken starts the fight and then spends countless hours on forums like this one trying to make himself look like the victim. He's a master at it. It gives him something to do.

Tom_In_Cincy
05-11-2002, 10:13 PM
see Ken.. I just ignore the post.. I haven't even read it.. I won't.. because its from someone that is anonymous

Troy
05-11-2002, 10:18 PM
Anon 216.66.128.42 claims innocence yet continues to provoke.
Poor child must be starved for attention.

rackmup
05-12-2002, 06:24 AM
Not at all. I keep everything in it's proper perspective. I believe that it (the bashing) is much more personal with "anonymous". He can post all he likes, about anything he likes. I don't respond to all of it and know I shouldn't respond to ANY of it out of respect for the others here at the CCB but sometimes he just says something so outlandish, I cannot help myself.

I find it interesting that someone else was bothered enough to put up a poll.

Bottom line is this: It's a public forum and although the intended topic is pool, there will be times when it strays from it's intended path and gets lost in the woods where the troublesome little gnomes live. No BIG deal.

Regards,

Ken

05-12-2002, 12:20 PM
Sorry guys, but I'm with Ken here. I have to say that I'm a little disturbed that anonymous seems to reserve his most vicious and personal attacks for me ( see the 'women in pool' thread, pg 3-4). We all do a lot to ensure that this forum remains friendly and engaging, and these sort of attacks have no place among gentlefolk. Even in the constitution freedom of speech is limited when the speech becomes inflammatory enough to cause riots. jmho

Tom_In_Cincy
05-12-2002, 12:33 PM
Lorri,
Your point is taken.. but I have only this to offer. Anon's attacks are only ATTACKS if you or anyone else acknowledge them. They are only words until you put meaning to them. If you ignore them.. they will go away.

I understand the need to respond to these WORDS.. BUT, you end up lowering yourself to their level.

Believe me, you are better than that person. Prove it by not engaging with the trash. Remember we always take the trash out on a regular basis. But until we take it out.. we usually put a lid on it..

05-12-2002, 12:37 PM
Point well taken Tom......I sometimes need to be reminded not to go with my knee-jerk reaction.

05-12-2002, 01:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Lorri,
Your point is taken.. but I have only this to offer. Anon's attacks are only ATTACKS if you or anyone else acknowledge them. They are only words until you put meaning to them. If you ignore them.. they will go away.

I understand the need to respond to these WORDS.. BUT, you end up lowering yourself to their level.

Believe me, you are better than that person. Prove it by not engaging with the trash. Remember we always take the trash out on a regular basis. But until we take it out.. we usually put a lid on it.. <hr></blockquote>

tom, that's about as well put as it can be. a city planner once explained the "broken window" concept to me. one broken window? no problem. but, at some point it becomes the norm, the kids feel it's ok to break windows, the neighborhood starts to look like crap, the good people move out and it becomes a slum. (oversimplistic but...)

some people don't appreciate that the more the board is infested with attack/counter attack then the more of that kind of stuff there will be and then you get...well, look around the net. you'll see it. this board did not establish it's quality culture by luck. a lot of people have worked for years to maintain the helpful and friendly tone of this place and yet it can be destroyed very easily.

for a while, before the big change, we could read hit counts on each individual post and that quickly showed that the trouble makers were not getting read.

many times over the years, some of us have gone to back-channel e-mails to encourage the shunning of troublemakers or to chastize regulars who were getting into nasty responses to the troublemakers.

some of us can probably name a dozen or so "kids" who started out as window breakers but wound up being good contributers. with the anons the progressions seems to be that they either just go away after not getting responded to or they take a screen name and just come in the front door clean. either way is fine.

i do not come to this with completely clean hands but i at least understand the theory.

dan

Scott Lee
05-12-2002, 02:25 PM
dan...And let me say, that your response to Tom was equally forthright, and to the point. I love your analogy with the 'city planner' conversation. That is SO true! LOL It's true, that many of us here, work hard to maintain an open-ended air of information gathering and sharing...and ALL of us can learn from one another...about LOTS of things, besides pool! LOL Keep up the good work Tom and houstondan! See ya on the tables! BTW, dan, I hope to come through Houston in July on my way to New Orleans, and hope we can hook up for a game or two!

Scott

05-12-2002, 02:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Scott Lee:</font><hr> BTW, dan, I hope to come through Houston in July on my way to New Orleans, and hope we can hook up for a game or two!

Scott <hr></blockquote>

sounds like a plan to me. you've got my e-mail ad. so just let me know when and we'll put something together.

look forward to it.

dan