PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Report?????

Nostroke
05-11-2002, 07:15 PM
Didnt any CCB'r bring a laptop to Vegas? Let's hear some news!!

Mike Howerton must be there. This is first time ive seen the same lead story on AZB for seven days!

By the way- For those travelers who dont carry laptop and there is almost no reason to do so on a pleasure trip anymore. You can always get on line GRATIS at the local library. Kinkos is getting real expensive- $24 an hour in some cities! In Europe there are "Easyeverything" internet cafes. Amsterdam has one with 400 or more PC's and its about $3 Hr American.

OK Somebody from Vegas check in please- Steve Lipsky?

Troy
05-12-2002, 08:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Nostroke:</font><hr> Didnt any CCB'r bring a laptop to Vegas? Let's hear some news!!

Mike Howerton must be there. This is first time ive seen the same lead story on AZB for seven days!

By the way- For those travelers who dont carry laptop and there is almost no reason to do so on a pleasure trip anymore. You can always get on line GRATIS at the local library. Kinkos is getting real expensive- $24 an hour in some cities! In Europe there are "Easyeverything" internet cafes. Amsterdam has one with 400 or more PC's and its about $3 Hr American.

OK Somebody from Vegas check in please- Steve Lipsky? <hr></blockquote>

What coverage would you like ???

The BCA Amateur 8-Ball started on the 10th and runs until the 18th.

The Open 9-Ball and WPBA 9-Ball barely started today and runs until the 18th.

Mike H of AZB can't possibly be expected to cover everything. As usual, he posts as he receives input, from volunteers.

Troy

05-13-2002, 10:32 AM
Hi there,
The bca web site just started to put up results for doubles. www.bca-pool.com (http://www.bca-pool.com) Other divisions will (hopefully) be posted soon. Good luck to Gina!
Peace, Colleen...not in Vegas either

Rod
05-13-2002, 10:56 AM
Thanks leenie, I see my old friends Tres and Virginia finished 7&amp;8 th place in Scotch. Way to go guys!

AzHousePro
05-13-2002, 04:28 PM
Actually, I don't get there til tuesday afternoon. I didn't change out the Corey story because I didn't think any of the newer news was important enough stuff to take his place.

If I post something new to the site that I don't consider more important than the main story, it will be listed in the top right hand box.

We are not receiving updates of the amateur events from the BCA this year so I don't know how much I can cover those. I will be juggling pro coverage with my team playing in the amateur event this year.

Can't wait til tomorrow.

Mike

PoolFan
05-14-2002, 08:07 AM
Has anyone noticed that Strickland lost his first round match?

This looks like the only upset in the first round.

Rich R.
05-14-2002, 08:13 AM
In the Women's tournament, a first round upset was Melissa Herndon defeating Julie Kelly, 9-7.
Melissa hasn't posted on the CCB for a while, but if she is lurking, I wish her well. Obviously Melissa is practicing instead of wasting time on the CCB. LOL.
Rich R.