PDA

View Full Version : Pool Gods

nineball33
08-21-2004, 06:24 PM
If Pool GODS exist they why dont they answer me????????????

dg-in-centralpa
08-21-2004, 06:38 PM
Cuz you didn't beg hard enough

DG - can beg with the best and still lose

SPetty
08-21-2004, 06:49 PM
You must sacrifice mightily to the Pool Gods before you get any glimpse of an answer.

pooltchr
08-22-2004, 07:32 AM
They ARE answering you...you may just not like the answer you are getting! /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Stretch
08-22-2004, 07:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nineball33:</font><hr> If Pool GODS exist they why dont they answer me???????????? <hr /></blockquote>

Because......The pool Gods help those who help themselves. Have you ever heard the expression the more i practice the luckier i get? That's not luck, it's the Pool Gods rewards for work well done. Conversly, bad rolls are just thier sick sense of humour. It's how we take a joke that sets us appart /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif St.

Chris Cass
08-22-2004, 07:59 AM
Whenever a pool player starts playing and can't make much of anything. When he's playing a highly skilled player and the beginner starts to miss. He'll always manage to hook that highly skilled player.

That's the pool Gods at work. See, the better you get, the pool Gods end all that. The pool Gods only help those in need. Now when the highly skilled player gets lucky or misses and leaves a unintentional safe? That's the pool Gods reminding them. Reminding them that they should never forget where they came from.

When these misses start happening and your leaving the out. Just think of what I said. Your getting better. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh, doesn't hurt to look up and thank them when you do get the small reminders. Make it known to the others around you when it happens. This pleases them to know end. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The closest leason(sp) to the pool Gods are the Qualified BCA instructors. Don't ask me why the Gods love them so well? I don't know.

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stretch
08-22-2004, 08:41 AM
The closest lesson to the pool Gods are the Qualified BCA instructors. Don't ask me why the Gods love them so well? I don't know.

Well i know, i think....It's because they are like his deciples. They carry "the word". Amen and pass the collection plate haha.

Great to see you again brother Chris my fellow devout cueist /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif St

Chris Cass
08-22-2004, 08:46 AM
Hey Stretch,

Got my Marlboro tent coming and it wasn't cheap. Soon we'll be able to go camping and run from bears. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

Stretch
08-22-2004, 11:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hey Stretch,

Got my Marlboro tent coming and it wasn't cheap. Soon we'll be able to go camping and run from bears. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C. <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Cool! I didn't know you were the outdoorsie type Chris. I've been doing a lot of Camping with the family this summer and havin a ball. Best investment i ever made.
Ya, and i'm not worried about out running any bears. I'd just have to outrun you! hahaha St.~~knows when to stretch it out~~

pooltchr
08-22-2004, 04:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>The closest leason(sp) to the pool Gods are the Qualified BCA instructors. Don't ask me why the Gods love them so well? I don't know.<hr /></blockquote>

I can't explain that one either, but I sure am thankful when they remember me!!! I'll take all the help I can get!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Steve

Chris Cass
08-22-2004, 10:55 PM
Hi Stetch,

I remember you posting awhile back. Maybe 3 yrs or so that you liked camping and actually invited some to come down and do some camping. I was refering to that. I did spend 6 yrs in the Army and 2 of it in Germany in training exercises in Grafenvior in the field. lol I was very motivated and took many showers in the sun with pouring a 5 gal water can over my head. Shaved with cold water and no shaving cream and scarred $hitless of the wild boars running around, sleeping without a tent on a cot. Other than that, I had a great time. lol The best momory was being called out of the field with orders cut to attend the 14.1 post tourneys. My E-6 wasn't very thrilled with that idea. To top it off I also got cut orders to attend VCorp' tourney too. lol I was only a pfc at the time. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

Wally_in_Cincy
08-23-2004, 08:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nineball33:</font><hr> If Pool GODS exist they why dont they answer me???????????? <hr /></blockquote>

Get a house cue, smash it against the metal corner of a Valley bar table, and sprinkle talcum powder on it.

Burn it under a cocobolo tree by the light of the full moon. You must use TomCincy's pool-table-decorated Zippo to light it. If necessary you can use some of Troy's shaft cleaner (lighter fluid) to facilitate the conflagration.

The next morning all your problems will be solved.

UWPoolGod
08-23-2004, 08:50 AM
You called my Son? Sorry it took so long...I was golfing and didn't hear your cry. Next time you ask for my forgiveness on the pool table make sure I am not lining up a 3 foot birdie putt. I missed it left because of your ranting and raving. Have some compassion for me too. I ended up with a bogey, and you know how I hate bogeys. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Barbara
08-23-2004, 08:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>
Get a house cue, smash it against the metal corner of a Valley bar table, and sprinkle talcum powder on it.

Burn it under a cocobolo tree by the light of the full moon. You must use TomCincy's pool-table-decorated Zippo to light it. If necessary you can use some of Troy's shaft cleaner (lighter fluid) to facilitate the conflagration.

The next morning all your problems will be solved. <hr /></blockquote>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That's too funny!!

Just make sure you don't use a Meucci, that'll produce th opposite effect of what you're wishing for!!

Barbara

Kato
08-23-2004, 03:47 PM
They absolutely hate me.

Kato~~~cursed the Gods 12 years ago, paid for it ever since.

66goat
08-23-2004, 06:22 PM
Drink more alcohol! They say a lot of s____ you can hear then. haha /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Rod
08-23-2004, 06:30 PM
Pool Gods don't exist. There, that's why you never get an answer. Just saving you some time with all the complaining etc. That'll be 50 bucks. LOL

Tom_In_Cincy
08-23-2004, 06:41 PM
I have been convinced since the mid 60s that the pool gods are women. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

No "man" would ever do that to a pool player. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sid_Vicious
08-23-2004, 07:20 PM
Good post Chris. One thing I've learned about this game is that playing whackers instead of talented players usually surfaces some un-PoolGodly hooks just when I think I am superior and winning. Nice concept you gave, thanks! Sid

Chris Cass
08-23-2004, 11:10 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
08-24-2004, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If necessary you can use some of Troy's shaft cleaner (lighter fluid) to facilitate the conflagration.
<hr /></blockquote>
Wally,
Im cracking up! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Carol

CarolNYC
08-24-2004, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
....It's because they are like his deciples. They carry "the word". Amen and pass the collection plate haha <hr /></blockquote>
Hiya Stretch,
How are you?
I like that "amen,pass the collection plate" ha ha ha ha!
Carol~GARGANCHEWENLY missed Stretch!!!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chris Cass
08-24-2004, 06:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
If necessary you can use some of Troy's shaft cleaner (lighter fluid) to facilitate the conflagration.
<hr /></blockquote>
Wally,
Im cracking up! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Carol <hr /></blockquote>

I thought that was Meucci shaft conditioner till I seen there wasn't a lighter involved. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

LivinGr8
08-24-2004, 11:08 AM
Ah-h-h...The Pool Gods have spoken, and sorry Charlie... You do not qualify for their benefits. If you knew that they existed, then why do you doubt their ability to protect your game. Besides, only a chosen few have been gifted and, unfortunately, your not one. However, don't give up... keep searching and I'll put in a good word. Who knows, you may just wake up one day and find that the pool Gods are in YOUR corner!
Remember... to whom much is given, much is required.