PDA

View Full Version : Dave Kikel custom cue

Rip
08-21-2004, 07:01 PM
Thought I'd share these photos of a Dave Kikel cue that arrived this week. The butt turned out better than I imagined and the radial pin, flat faced wood to wood joint hits great.
Kikel Q (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ripsstuff2003/slideshow?.dir=/c1ee&.src=ph)

Regards,
Rip

Chris Cass
08-21-2004, 07:05 PM
Aww RIP,

Looks like you got RIP'D off. Just send that puppy down to corn country and I'll sand all those sqiggley lines out of the butt. I know you paid good money and I'll get it straight for you buddy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~hey, what are friends for???? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

cueball1950
08-21-2004, 07:31 PM
absolutely gorgeous cue. being wood ignorant i am wondering what kind of wood he used for the points,,,cocobola maybe.....and the butt end.....real pretty looking.....mike

Rod
08-21-2004, 07:34 PM
What's the deal Rip, you got one of these coming in every other week! Ah yes life at the top. Hey I hate to tell you but that wood at the bottom is weak with that crooked grain. You'd better let me take it of your hands for 1/4 price. I'll take the hit if it breaks,(I wouldn't want you to) it's just the kind of guy I am. LOL

Hey I met Dave, as a matter of fact I played Dave in Vegas abt 5 years ago, nice guy. It was team play for tenth or better. He makes some nice looking cues. He offered me a tour of his shop and show me some in's and out's of cue equipment. I love that wood, some kind of burl, right. Ambronia? sp Layered tip and all, which one you taking to the dance? Nice cue Rip!

Rod

StarCrunch
08-21-2004, 08:14 PM
Never thought I'd say this to a guy...nice butt! The whole cue looks great. Kinda dulls the enthusiasm I'm feeling over my new Klein cue, but I'll be okay.

kenz54
08-21-2004, 09:39 PM
Beautiful cue RIP. Good luck with it!

Barbara
08-22-2004, 07:25 AM
Wow Rip!! Pretty wood grain!! Is that Amboyna burl?

Barbara

tateuts
08-22-2004, 10:17 AM
Wow, nice wood. It looks like a highly figured piece of cocobolo and curly maple forearm, right?

Chris

Rip
08-22-2004, 06:18 PM
Chris,
You're correct. Pass Go and collect $200...but you have to collect it from someone else 'cause I'm broke! LOL!

The 8 points are what Dave describes as Thumbnail Maple.
Regards,
Rip

Rip
08-22-2004, 06:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Wow Rip!! Pretty wood grain!! Is that Amboyna burl?

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks Barbara but it's not Amboyna burl. DO NOT PASS GO and DO NOT COLLECT $200. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Rip

Rip
08-22-2004, 06:25 PM
You're the best CC!

I looked for some "Squiggly Line Remover" at the store today and they were sold out.
Rip~knew he could count on the CassMan! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rip
08-22-2004, 06:34 PM
Rod, you are too generous! LOL!

Dave isn't afraid to think outside the box when he's planning and designing a cue and he has a very nice selection of rare and unique woods.
Regards,
Rip

Chris Cass
08-22-2004, 10:17 PM
Seriously RIP,

That's some really pretty wood he used. I've seen a few of his cues and that was the best by far. Great pics you took. I'm really happy for you and I miss you tons bud.

Regards,

C.C.~~one day /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif