PDA

View Full Version : Predator Shaft

NU_Gameroom_Guy
08-21-2004, 11:26 PM
hey guys, i have a question. i currently own a lucasi cue and im thinking about getting a predator shaft for it. would the lucasi/predator combo play as well as a predator shaft/predator butt or would it be not as good?

my friend said something to the effect that the butt also plays a part in the overall play quality of the cue and that a crappy butt would negate any advantage a quality shaft may provide. i dunno, but im kinda skeptical of this and think my friend is either reading too many ads for miracle cues or he's just pulling stuff outta his *** /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

so if anyone can help me with this question... many thanks, and may the pool gods smile favorably upon you heheh.

BeanDiesel
08-22-2004, 01:02 AM
once u change ur shaft, the balance point of ur cue will change too.

Pizza Bob
08-22-2004, 04:59 AM
NJGG:
Our own Eric. (that's Eric with a period), also from NJ, should weigh in on this. Perhaps PM him if he doesn't see this post. If memory serves me correctly, he plays with the combination you are asking about.

Adios,

Pizza Bob<----Also from NJ and willing to admit it

Pizza Bob
08-22-2004, 05:01 AM
Just realized it was N U, not N J game room Guy. Nevermind.

Adios,

Pizza Bob<---It's hell getting old

Fred Agnir
08-22-2004, 07:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote NU_Gameroom_Guy:</font><hr> hey guys, i have a question. i currently own a lucasi cue and im thinking about getting a predator shaft for it. would the lucasi/predator combo play as well as a predator shaft/predator butt or would it be not as good? <hr /></blockquote> It'll be fine.

Fred

AndreaWilson
08-22-2004, 06:01 PM
Hey NU GUY,

There should be no problems in combining a predator shaft with your Lucasi butt. Look at it this way, you get to continue playing with a butt that you are already familiar with and have added the quality hit of a predator shaft. There are many pro's and semi-pro's out there with combination cues. Keep in mind you have to go with what works in your hands, not someone elses. They don't take your shots for you.

Predator has done a wonderful thing by having their shafts available to marry up with a wide range of cues and if that isn't enough you can get a predator blank and have a compatible joint put on for your own unique cue. IMHO It doesn't get much better than that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Greg in VA
08-23-2004, 10:10 AM
I have a 314 on my Lucasi and couldn't be happier with it. Even the adjustment period wasn't too bad. My good friend got a 314 for his Meucci at the same time, and the adjustment was very difficult for him due to the "whippy" nature of the Meucci stock shaft. GO FOR IT!

NU_Gameroom_Guy
08-23-2004, 10:47 AM
heheh. thanks a lot guys /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif. i guess i'll start saving up those $7 paychecks so i can get the shaft, cuz it's a bad mutha- shut yo mouth! lol/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif