PDA

View Full Version : Finally met Carol

pooltchr
08-22-2004, 04:48 PM
I had the chance to teach some students this weekend with Kelly Oyama of the WPBA. Among the students was Carol Clark, a regular here at CCB. I would like to say what a pleasure this lady is to spend time with. Her energy is endless, her smile a fixture, and her intensity on the table is unblievable. In typical NYC style, she managed to convert "Set, Pause, and Finish" to "Lock and Load" in just two days!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif What a great weekend!
(oh, yea, Nick aka PQQLK9 also stopped in for a couple of hours, but I already knew him /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif)
One of the reasons I enjoy what I do, is getting to work with people like Carol Clark.
Steve~~will not stand down table when Carol is chanting "Lock and Load"!

Doctor_D
08-22-2004, 05:06 PM
Good evening...

Carol is one intense woman, not to mention competitor. She is definitely going places. We at the Billiards Workbook are honored to sponsor her and proud to have her as one of our ambasadors.

Dr. D.

SPetty
08-22-2004, 05:21 PM
I love Carol. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

(CCB is such a frikkin' lovefest... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif )

Barbara
08-22-2004, 06:18 PM
Lock and Load!!! Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Now, it's going to take you and Kelly O a week to recuperate!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Barbara~~~Carol makes coffee nervous!!

Chris Cass
08-22-2004, 10:27 PM
Hi Steve,

One thing that you might not know is that Carol is extremely versed in the mental side of the game. I don't know if you have met Voodoo but, she could give Voodoo a run for the money and he's like one of the very best in the country. imho

Anyone ever feeling down after a match would be lucky if she was there for you. I've seen her in action and she's something else. She doesn't realize she could make millions in the halftime locker room of any football team. They'll go out and just kill their opponents after 20 mins with talking to her.

Regards,

C.C.~~no wonder though, I know who her mentor is. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
08-23-2004, 06:23 AM
Hi Steve,
It was a pleasure meeting you and Sharon-you guys are great!

And anyone who has met Nick,you can't but feel an enormous amount of happiness when he walks in the room-his smiling face and positive aura are just incredible!

Just a breif insight to the events of this training session-Kelly and Steve had their work cutout for them-
We had three people at three different levels of play:

Sherry, God Bless her, picked up a cue four times and to show how innocent she was, at one point she said "Whats this blue thing,it keeps getting in my way and I just keep moving it"-she was referring to the chalk!Ha Ha HA

Edie-a fun-loving,4 year,bar player,who just wanted to go out on her league and win!

Then ME-an Eminem singing,obsessive hyper-maniac,bopping around the table at 100 mph!

I never realized how important that "Set,pause,finish,freeze"was-I had everything pretty much down pact,except the PAUSE-I had to incorporate words that would make me pause,so I used "Lock&Load"-I can't stress how important this "Pause" is!!!!!!!

I could go on and on, but I have some "pool" homework to do,so,my feelings about this learning session is:

I had two people,Kelly&Steve, who had this enormous amount knowledge and were able to convey this knowledge in understandable terms-spend individual time with each one of us on different levels and anaylze everything we did-so, on the note of "Analyze This" I will say to Steve,as I said to Kelly at dinner,in the words of Robert DeNiro,
"You,You,your good you!"

Its been a pleasure Steve!
Talk to ya soon!
Carol~ locking&loading!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

One more thing,Steve,
My face is killing me from laughing!!!Just awesome!

CarolNYC
08-23-2004, 06:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
She doesn't realize she could make millions in the halftime locker room of any football team. <hr /></blockquote>

Ha HA HA HA-as long as there's no dim red lights on!!!!!!

love ya,
Carol

CarolNYC
08-23-2004, 06:29 AM
Hey Barb,
Im not sure Kelly knew what she was getting into! She was exhausted headed to the airport-I hope she has a very PEACEFUL week!LMAO
Carol

CarolNYC
08-23-2004, 06:30 AM
AWWWW-
AND I LOVE YOU TOO,SPETTY!!!!!!!!!!

Carol~love is a good thing! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
08-23-2004, 06:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
We at the Billiards Workbook are honored to sponsor her and proud to have her as one of our ambasadors <hr /></blockquote>

Thank-you Dr.D,
And you know I appreciate that VERY MUCH!

Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pooltchr
08-23-2004, 06:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> I will say to Steve,as I said to Kelly at dinner,in the words of Robert DeNiro,
"You,You,your good you!" <hr /></blockquote>

Carol,
You are making me blush! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
It really helps to have good students that WANT to learn! You were great!
Good luck this weekend, and it you only take one thing from this weekend with you (besides Lock and Load, of course!) just remember, don't think too much. TRUST YOUR STROKE.
Steve

Kato
08-23-2004, 03:44 PM
Ain't she great!!!!

Kato~~~misses her.

Stretch
08-23-2004, 05:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> AWWWW-
AND I LOVE YOU TOO,SPETTY!!!!!!!!!!

Carol~love is a good thing! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Correctamondo, love is the ONLY thing. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif St ~~ok loves Carol too~~ HUGELY,MONSTROSIFALY,GARGANCHEWANLY,HYPER-ALURE-A-LAVISHINGLY!!!!!!!!!!!, ah, she's ok. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CarolNYC
08-24-2004, 03:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Ain't she great!!!!

Kato~~~misses her. <hr /></blockquote>

RJ,
You are a very dear friend to me,but EVERY person on this board is GREAT-you know me,I am very down-to-earth and humble and respond to anything posted about me out of repect to the poster, but I literally love to read about YOUSE!
I mean,some of the tales have me cracking up at 5 am in the morning-like Wally's "pool god"ritual post,ha ha ha ha!
Anyways, I miss you too!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol~thinks it really stinks I'll be in Florida when your in Virginia! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Voodoo Daddy
08-24-2004, 06:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Steve,

One thing that you might not know is that Carol is extremely versed in the mental side of the game. I don't know if you have met Voodoo but, she could give Voodoo a run for the money and he's like one of the very best in the country. imho

Anyone ever feeling down after a match would be lucky if she was there for you. I've seen her in action and she's something else. She doesn't realize she could make millions in the halftime locker room of any football team. They'll go out and just kill their opponents after 20 mins with talking to her.

Regards,

C.C.~~no wonder though, I know who her mentor is. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Thank you Chris, your the best IMO and those are super kind words. I really feel that we could spend 2 days uninterupted {sp} together, your game mental would be unstopable.

Voodoo~~~will have pool news soon, more to come

Kato
08-24-2004, 03:40 PM
I think you're right Steve. If I ever came up with the competitive fire to play hard I would definitely be finding you for a mental spit shine. You'd be great for any aspiring player or even battle tested veteran like the Cassman or an up-and-commer like Carol.

Kato~~~pool playing mental basketcase on sabatical /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

#### leonard
08-25-2004, 07:51 AM
Carol email my home page and I will give you some mental exercises for playing pool. ####

CarolNYC
08-27-2004, 03:23 AM
Hey ####leonard,
Im sorry,I've been away!
Thanks, I'll do that!
Have a great day!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
08-27-2004, 03:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if you have met Voodoo but, she could give Voodoo a run for the money <hr /></blockquote>

UMMMM,
I have spoken with Steve on MANY,MANY occasions-and we're talking,hour(+) phone calls!And they were calls for help!
Steve is the "mental" mentor!
He was mine! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Carol

CarolNYC
08-27-2004, 03:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If I ever came up with the competitive fire to play hard I would definitely be finding you for a mental spit shine<hr /></blockquote>

Totally agree!

Carol~been there,done that!