PDA

View Full Version : Tired of Pouting, Hothead, Cry Babies

tateuts
08-23-2004, 01:09 PM
I've had 4 matches in a row where my opponent was either complaining about rolls, yelling at people around us, or being pissed off at himself the whole time.

Is this just bad luck, or are there really that many hot heads out there playing pool?

Chris

woody_968
08-23-2004, 01:13 PM
Maybe your just playing so well that they are getting totally frustrated. I love it when I have a day where I am playing well and the opponent just keeps saying I am getting all the rolls. That tells me he will play again tomarow /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
08-23-2004, 01:22 PM
They're out there and you're going to get them. Just keep playing your game and tone them out. Sometimes, I think, it's done to shark you out of your game. I used to play this person every Sunday some time ago and it was the same thing. He'd bitch and moan to a point where I felt bad if I was winning or if I happen to get lucky on a couple of shots. It would take the fun out of playing/practicing. I don't let that happen anymore. So remember, just tone them out! And when you do finish playing and whether you win or not, still shake hands (that is if your opponent still wants to) and ignore any such comment like "You got lucky", "You got all the rolls" and don't you say that you got lucky (even if you did) or sorry because 1. that's the way the balls roll sometimes and we've all been on both sides of it and 2. you shouldn't have to apologize for anything.

Good luck!

Chris Cass
08-23-2004, 01:25 PM
Well tateuts,

Seems to be the trend lately. I played in a another small $10. race to 3 8ball tourney at the hall last Sat. I drew my bud Jesse and won the flip. I break the balls and the cb spreads the rack wide open. The problem was the cb I'd hit so bad ended up behind the rack area.

Solids were the best choice and I could see a one. Stripes I had to combonate just to get another shot to start the game. Well, I missed the ball. Jess ran out and he broke next. The balls spread just as well and he kept the cb towards the top of the table and after manuvers he got out. No shot for me.

The third and final game I broke and ran down to a cluster. Tried to play it safe and left enough of the ball to get a shot and that's all it took. I shook his hand letting him stop the run 4 balls early as these Ray Charles could run. I was putting away my gear and this guy walks up and says, "Man, that sucked." I said, "What? Did you have money on the game?" lol

Regards,

C.C.~~has players that have literally no chance of winning against others without weight and get upset like they're suppost to win. Don't understand it????

NU_Gameroom_Guy
08-23-2004, 04:09 PM
hahaha. i used to be one of those hotheads. i'd get all angry at myself for missing stupid shots and whatnot. then i realized the game wasnt fun anymore for either me or my opponent and i lightened up, cracked a smile, whatever. kinda had to lighten up seeing as how i play horrible when im angry lol. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif thank goodness for anger management... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Rod
08-23-2004, 05:56 PM
Oh there out there big time but I think you had a run of bad luck. You should say, Why do I get all the a$$ holes, I never get any rolls there. LOL

Recently I've been playing a little online, it kills time when I'm waiting. I get the same sutff there at times. Usually younger people and many impatient as hell. Oh how I hope they never go to my room. Well it's ok if they did it would be an easy mark. LOL My avg is quite high so I get a fair amount of complaining. I just tell them to go home and cry to mommy cause I ain't listening.

Rod