PDA

View Full Version : Live Radio Remote

Bob
08-23-2004, 04:22 PM
I am considering having a radio live remote for the Midwest Expo and I am stumped on what type of station to have broadcast the event. I would like know what types of music/talk radio the players listen to.

Thanks ~ Eydie www.pooltournaments.net (http://www.pooltournaments.net)

woody_968
08-23-2004, 06:07 PM
My radio is almost always on a classic rock type station.

dg-in-centralpa
08-23-2004, 06:44 PM
First, you have to figure out the age of the people you want to target. The 18 - 35 has the most disposable income, thus you would pick a Top 40 station. The 35 - 54 group has the steadiest income but are more settled down. This group will listen to Classic Rock.
For the remote itself, the dj from the station will do three live breaks per hour where he will talk about where he/she is at and what's happening. If you can, try to have a pro available for a short interview. The station will mention throughout the prior week where they will be at and have people try to come and visit. Maybe you can give a couple free tickets out thru the station. The station will be there for about three hours. They will also have their station over loud speakers. Make sure this won't interfere with the tournament. Good luck!

DG - had lots of remotes when I was in the retail business