PDA

View Full Version : They're Coming...

9 Ball Girl
08-23-2004, 06:03 PM
Subway stations are already swarming with cops, looking at straphangers with suspicion (like one could ever stare me down, Ha!). Getting into Manhattan from Brooklyn by car is total frustration, what with all the check points and street closures.

They're coming. The Republicans will be here next week. All week.

Why couldn't they go to Long Island? Or Connecticut even? Instead New York is chosen. As if we didn't have enough threats.

What a week it will be...Stay tuned.

dg-in-centralpa
08-23-2004, 06:28 PM
Good Luck... from my understanding, and I may be wrong, they picked New York to show the terrorists that the US won't stop because of the them.

DG - doesn't want to go near Madison Square Garden

SPetty
08-23-2004, 06:48 PM
Good luck 9 Ball Girl and all youse New Yorkers...

What's a straphanger?

Wally_in_Cincy
08-24-2004, 06:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> ...What's a straphanger? <hr /></blockquote>

on the subway. you hang on to the strap so you don't fall down especially if you wear 4-inch heels like some straphangers /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris Cass
08-24-2004, 06:28 AM
Hi Duaine,

Definitely sending a statement to me too.

Regards,

C.C.

9 Ball Girl
08-24-2004, 07:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> they picked New York to show the terrorists that the US won't stop because of the them.<hr /></blockquote>Nor will the terrorists stop because of them. It's all a bunch of poppycock if you ask me. There's going to be a protest this Sunday where the protestors are going to march past MSG and probably wind up in Central Park.

I still say they should've taken their a$$es to somewhere else in the state. Not NYC.

And the ridiculous part of this all is see all the cops around. Are people so ignorant to believe that because a dozen cops are in the subway or patrolling the streets that they're safe from any terrorist act? Puhlease. You can put the entire NYPD in a subway station and if a terrorist wants to do something, they'll do it. It's all bull$hit and a waste of money.

9 Ball Girl
08-24-2004, 07:35 AM
SPetty,

A straphanger is the device on the train that we hold on to so that we don't fall over when the train moves. Sort of like what a passenger would hold on to whilst sitting in the back seat of a taxi. Only the ones on the trains are metal. The trains have been updated and you don't see them anymore because now they're just straight bars that go across or poles but the term "straphanger" always stuck. So when you hear a person being referred to as a straphanger, it means someone who rides the train.

Chris Cass
08-24-2004, 07:39 AM
They call them nooses in Texas.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif,

C.C.

Chris Cass
08-24-2004, 07:42 AM
Hi Wendy,

Your right but it's a good thing for the piece of mind of many from NYC that still are finding it hard to recover from that horrible tragedy of 911. Sure wish they'd leave NYC out of it. You've all suffered way to much already. imho

Regards,

C.C.

Rich R.
08-24-2004, 07:52 AM
I was in NY two weeks ago. There were guards at the entrances to some buildings, in full battle gear. I mean, helments, vests and automatic weapons.
It sure made me feel safe. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

dg-in-centralpa
08-24-2004, 02:47 PM
Where else could they go? Albany? Is there anyplace else in the state that could hold that many people? I know another state would be better, but think of how much money will come into the city that week. I know this won't affect you, but for others it will.

DG - Wendy's new theme song...They're coming to take me away ha ha, they're coming to take me away ho ho he he to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time

dg-in-centralpa
08-24-2004, 02:54 PM
Yea... stay away from NYC.

DG

9 Ball Girl
08-24-2004, 02:55 PM
Send them to the Hamptons out in Long Island.

Wendy&lt;---they're coming to take me away ha ha...

dg-in-centralpa
08-24-2004, 03:04 PM
Long Island would sink! lol

DG -- that may not be a bad idea after all