PDA

View Full Version : USS Gridley vets against Kerry?

highsea
08-23-2004, 06:05 PM
Read what Kerry's former Commander and a few of his shipmates on the USS Gridley have to say about the candidate. Not quite as scathing as the SBV's but I wouldn't call it a glowing recommendation either.

http://home.nycap.rr.com/pwcarter/the%20kerry%20page.html

-CM

Qtec
08-24-2004, 04:34 AM
"The crew performed well and John Kerry’s performance in all aspects of his duty was outstanding. Drafting his fitness reports was an exercise in the use of superlatives. In fact, of the thirty or so officers, I counted him in the top half dozen, no mean feat for an ensign.

I tried to interest him in a naval career. Silly me! It was obvious he had bigger fish to fry. I drafted the favorable endorsement on his request for Swift Boat duty on the rivers of Vietnam, were he distinguished himself in combat. Before he left, he gave me his bridge coat and several other uniform items, saying that he wouldn’t be needing them in the “brown water” navy.

There is no question that John Kerry earned his decorations and that he put his life at risk in the service of his country. There is no doubt in my mind, moreover, that he has the intelligence to serve as president. But there is also no doubt in my mind that his anti-war activities while our troops were still fighting, dying and being tortured in filthy Vietnam prisons were despicable."

Thats fair enough,but what Kerry did during the war and after his discharge are two different things.
Just because he was disallusioned [sp?] about the war doesnt mean to say[ as the SBVets claim] he wasnt a good soldier.

Q

highsea
08-24-2004, 10:44 AM
I'll finish that for you, Q.

"For that reason, even aside from his anti-defense voting record in the Senate, he is one ex-shipmate that I could never support as commander-in-chief of the armed forces."

Kerry's past behavior is the only thing we have to judge him by. His post war activities are every bit as relevant as his wartime ones. Exagerration, embellishment, fabrications about his experiences while in Vietnam. An abyssmal record in the Senate. Lies and fabrications when testifying before Congress after his 4 months in Vietnam.

"If, indeed, he got to the pier, because he was in charge of the motor whaleboat, it certainly would not have been within his purview to wander Danang, eating dog meat and drinking beer in a bar (under arms). It also seems amazing that he had all these observations on Vietnam in such a brief visit."

Anyway, this thread is about his GRIDLEY shipmates. NOT THE SBV's. Let's stay on topic.

-CM

Qtec
08-24-2004, 11:37 AM
Somebody said, I think Bob Dole, that 250 veterans cant all be wrong.
I remember people were burned at the stake on the same kind of logic.
If you search for the people who have spoken out against GW[ Clarke etc] each one has been the subject of character assassination .In each case they go straight for the guys strong point, in Kerry's case, his war record. Kerry gets slamed for not getting injured enough, and GW who dodged his duty is not even asked anymore about his servicein the"'Texas rich boys flying club'.

Here is a question; what are GW,s plans for the next 4 years?

Q

highsea
08-24-2004, 11:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Somebody said, I think Bob Dole, that 250 veterans cant all be wrong. <font color="red"> Bob Dole is a pretty smart guy. Do you think that 250 veterans can be all wrong?</font color> I remember people were burned at the stake on the same kind of logic. <font color="red"> That must have been very traumatic for you. How old were you when this happened?</font color>
If you search for the people who have spoken out against GW[ Clarke etc] each one has been the subject of character assassination. <font color="red">You mean by Kerry? Now that you mention it, I do recall some pretty strong statements during the primaries. </font color> In each case they go straight for the guys strong point, in Kerry's case, his war record. <font color="red"> God help us if that's his strong point. </font color> Kerry gets slamed for not getting injured enough, and GW who dodged his duty is not even asked anymore about his servicein the"'Texas rich boys flying club'. <font color="red"> Ignoring your disrepect of the ANG, what is the relevance of any of this today? Answer. None. It's just Kerry's way of dodging his Senate record. Maybe the reason GW is not being questioned any more is that he has answered the questions. Why doesn't Kerry release his medical records?</font color>

Here is a question; what are GW,s plans for the next 4 years? <font color="red"> Judging by the comments coming from the left, I would have to say he is planning to take over the world and sell it to Haliburton. </font color>

Q <hr /></blockquote>
Do you recall the topic?

-CM

pooltchr
08-24-2004, 11:54 AM
I just heard on the news today that a survey of Veterans found only 35% support Kerry. Kerry is personally calling the swift boat guys to find out why they oppose him. One of them said he told Kerry is was because of the way he spoke out against the servicemen after he returned to the states. He says Kerry's response was that he wasn't talking about the swift boat guys...it was ALL THE OTHER SERVICEMEN he was referring to.

As one of those OTHER servicemen, I can only say "Thanks John, and KMA!!!!!!!!!!!"

crawdaddio
08-24-2004, 12:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> </font color>

Here is a question; what are GW,s plans for the next 4 years? <font color="red"> Judging by the comments coming from the left, I would have to say he is planning to take over the world and sell it to Haliburton. </font color>

Q <hr /></blockquote>

-CM <hr /></blockquote>

Sounds about right. You forgot Vinnell, Northrop Grumman, GE, SAIC, and about two dozen other co's though. Next stop Iran, right highsea?

~DC

Qtec
08-24-2004, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why doesn't Kerry release his medical records?
<hr /></blockquote>

Why should he?

First you say the election should be about his record and the issues, now you want to delve into his most private information.

Sorry, what was the question?
Q

eg8r
08-24-2004, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, this thread is about his GRIDLEY shipmates. NOT THE SBV's. Let's stay on topic.
<hr /></blockquote> Q has never bothered himself with the topic of the thread. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
08-24-2004, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In each case they go straight for the guys strong point, in Kerry's case, his war record. <font color="blue">LOL, are you to believe his war record should be ignored? Kerry is the fool that brought it up. Kerry has decided his 4 months in Vietnam is much more important than his 20 years in the Senate. Since Kerry has decided to make his war record the shining point, would not you think people would look at it and begin to question the irregularities? </font color> Kerry gets slamed for not getting injured enough <font color="blue"> WRONG. This is further proof you have trouble with comprehension. No one is slamming Kerry for not getting hurt enough. They are slamming him are finding a quick out and exploiting it through minor injuries which are turning out were self inflicted. My gosh, the man never spent a day in the hospital or any medical care yet he received 3 purple hearts. Have you ever heard of that before? It does not raise any question in your mind? What if this was a Republican, you would not question it? Open your eyes. </font color> , and GW who dodged his duty is not even asked anymore about his servicein the"'Texas rich boys flying club' <font color="blue"> Come on you are not this stupid are you. It was not that long ago when Bush was all over the news being questioned about his service and medical records. Bush has intelligently not talked about his service record, this is obviously not something we can say about your guy. If Bush's campaign is not centered around his record then there is no reason to question him on it, your time would be better spent questioning him on the bullets of his campaign. Your inability to keep to the subject is probably why you would bring this up, lol, Bush does not talk about it so you do, while knowing it was completely off subject.</font color> .
<hr /></blockquote>

[ QUOTE ]
Here is a question; what are GW,s plans for the next 4 years? <hr /></blockquote> LOL, you don't get to ask any questions if you have no intent on talking about the subject matter of the thread.

eg8r

eg8r
08-24-2004, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why should he?

First you say the election should be about his record and the issues, now you want to delve into his most private information.
<hr /></blockquote> What game are you trying to play. He record, campaign is based around his medals, including the purple hearts. These are attained after getting hurt by the enemy. His records would prove he was honest when he received them.

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, what was the question?
<hr /></blockquote> The topic of the thread.

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
08-24-2004, 01:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> .., and GW who dodged his duty is not even asked anymore about his servicein the"'Texas rich boys flying club'. <hr /></blockquote>

There's a story out today that says Kerry sought a 1-year education deferment but was denied by his draft board.

sorry, got no link yet

highsea
08-24-2004, 01:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> Why doesn't Kerry release his medical records?
<hr /></blockquote>

Why should he?
Q <hr /></blockquote>Because it would end the critisism from Veterans if the records show that he actually earned the medals that he alternately throws and waves. It would crush the SBV's,and leave them looking like complete idiots.

If he has this proof, why then is he committing political suicide by not making it public? He has chosen to campaign on his Vietnam record. Fine. It's a stupid reason to elect him President, but fine. But if there is proof that his detractors are lying, he better drag it out pretty soon, because as it stands right now, he's just shooting himself in the foot once again.

Have you seen his latest ad? He is criticizing Bush and blaming him for the SBV ads. That's the whole ad. You know what this means politically? LOSER!

-CM

Wally_in_Cincy
08-24-2004, 01:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> .. Here is a question; what are GW,s plans for the next 4 years?

Q <hr /></blockquote>

He's going to overthrow the evil regime in The Netherlands /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Ross
08-24-2004, 04:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Kerry is personally calling the swift boat guys to find out why they oppose him. <hr /></blockquote>

Source?

pooltchr
08-25-2004, 05:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Kerry is personally calling the swift boat guys to find out why they oppose him. <hr /></blockquote>

Source? <hr /></blockquote>

I heard part of the interview on the radio. I forget which program, but I will research and see if I can find it.
Steve

pooltchr
08-25-2004, 05:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> the medals that he alternately throws and waves. <hr /></blockquote>

Those 8 words are fuel for another entire thread!
I guess he needed the medals to get out of Viet Nam, Then he needed them to use in his anti-war protests. Now he needs them to give him a platform for his campaign. It pi$$e$ me off to no end that there are untold numbers of widows who have the same medals as a memorial to the loved ones that gave their lives or body parts in defense of this country, and this guy thinks so little of his that he throws them away, and then polishes them off for political gain. There is a reason that most vets just don't buy it!

Wally_in_Cincy
08-25-2004, 06:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Kerry is personally calling the swift boat guys to find out why they oppose him. <hr /></blockquote>

Source? <hr /></blockquote>

I have heard a couple of them interviewed.

He also called Bob Dole Monday after Dole took him to the woodshed Sunday on tv. Dole told him he was being an ass.

eg8r
08-25-2004, 06:37 AM
I read it on The Drudgereport (http://www.drudgereport.com/dnc98.htm).

eg8r