PDA

View Full Version : Edwards wants it both ways

pooltchr
08-24-2004, 05:59 AM
In an interview with the local news here, John Edwards was asked about jobs in NC. He placed the blame for the loss of 10,000 manufacturing jobs in the state directly on the shoulders of the Republican administration in Washington. In the VERY NEXT SENTENCE, he praised the Democratic Governer of NC for doing such a great job in getting more jobs and improving unemployment in the state.
WHICH WAY IS IT, JOHN??? Is the employment situation in North Carolina terrible because of Bush, or great thanks to Governer Easly?????

Ross
08-24-2004, 09:19 AM
Steve, I didn't hear the speech so I don't know the context. But I'm guessing that he was arguing that NC lost textile and other jobs due to international trade agreements made at the federal level and that the NC governor has done a good job of recruiting specific employers into the state. That is not contradictory. I guess you are saying that he was saying we have a strong job market and a weak job market at the same time, but I bet his point was what I was saying. How is that for a sentence! lol!

Wally_in_Cincy
08-24-2004, 09:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr> .. How is that for a sentence! lol! <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Positively Clinton-esque /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pooltchr
08-24-2004, 11:45 AM
I'm not quite sure what his point was...of course it was 6am on the local news and I hadn't had my first cup of coffee yet. It just confused me that he was saying how bad the job market here was, and then turned around and said it is so good because of Easly.
I find it hard to either blame or credit one person or office for either. There are just too many factors to consider other than who is in what office at the time. NC also lost jobs during the Clinton administration (freightliner moving jobs to Mexico comes to mind immediately), and....are you ready for this???...I don't blame Clinton for that! LOL