PDA

View Full Version : Question about old tables

CopyGuy
08-24-2004, 08:55 PM
I just inherited an old 9' table from my father who had to move to smaller digs.

It's from National shuffleboard and Billiard company. This is the second table I've setup and am curious to know where I might get parts for it, such as the rubber pocket and pocket liners in the ball returns. And also the table feet.

With the exception of the ball return, this table looks like the older Brunswicks. The construction however I think is lower quality as the frame is made up of 1 1/4" plywood.
The playing surface is 3 piece 1 1/4" slate, have 3 guide pins at each seam.

This table is at least 40 years old, because I know the company went out of business in the early 70's and my family got it used from a guy who had it for about 8 years before that.

SO to sum up anybody have any experience with tables of this type?
Know of a parts source for it??
Any suggestions on setup problems or pitfalls I may run into??

I've already setup it up, but I want to redo the setup as the above mentioned parts are dry rotted and hard causing the balls to stay right there at the bottom of the pocket. And I didn't quite shim the slate seams well enough,... there is about a 64th of an inch difference between the head and center slates. Maybe there is a shimming method I'm not aware of?

OH, and one more thing,... The rails were a BITCH to install. The bolt holes didn't quite line up right and the corner irons did not settle down onto the rails like they did before I disassembled it. I carefully marked the slates, rails and thier position on the table during disassembly... what gives

/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

RedHell
08-26-2004, 09:51 AM
Alright, you were unlucky and no one answered your request. I thought I would give it a go and see what I could find.

The only refence to the company you mentioned is the following, you might want to give it a try.

National Billiard Company
3315 Eugenia Avenue
Covington, KY 41015
800-543-0880

Hope this help !

CopyGuy
08-26-2004, 01:03 PM
Thanks RedHell,

I had already found that online.
It's not the same company.

They make custom tables local to thier location and he's also the guy who told me the company that made my table was out of business.

Thanks again for effort though. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

RedHell
08-26-2004, 01:32 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif