PDA

View Full Version : Pool On TV---Different!

9 Ball Girl
08-25-2004, 08:49 AM
So last night I was watching Ali, the Great White Hope, John Jackson (now that's classic history!) on ESPC (ESPN Classic) and during the commercial break, I happened to catch a glimpse of a closeup of someone's bridge hand shooting at the 9. I had just missed it 'cause I was looking through a catalog but waited with bated breath for the next time it would show. Well after a couple of commercial breaks, it finally showed up again.

Cheap Seats: NFL, Billiards, and Darts
Thursday, August 26, 10 PM - 10:30 PM EST

From what I could gather from the commercial's voiceover, they're going to make fun of typical bargames. I don't know how NFL got into the title but they had shown some guy about to throw a dart and they said something like, "he's had a couple of darts thrown at his face" and then they pointed to the cleft on his chin. It was kind of funny. But then they showed Nick Varner laughing at something and the voice over plugged in a horseish laugh. That was funny. Then I think they showed Earl Strickland highfiving another player (too fast to notice who) and they had some wacky background music. That was kind of funny.

Anyway, just letting y'all know.

Wally_in_Cincy
08-25-2004, 09:19 AM
just looked at espn.com

it's probably nfl players playing pool and darts because at 10:30 they have steve garvey fishing and bobby bonilla bowling

9 Ball Girl
08-25-2004, 09:22 AM
Phoey! But I'll still watch! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

GStrong
08-27-2004, 08:41 AM
That show was horrible!! I was expecting something cool, but all they did was bash the pros! I couldn't believe it! Anyway, good job on finding that show, I thought it would have been pretty cool too, but those hosts were unbelievable! Anyone else see it?

9 Ball Girl
08-27-2004, 08:51 AM
And do you know that after all of that, I missed it?! I was sidetracked and was watching the Divers and Runners on the Olympics (Go Felix Sanchez! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif ). Can you tell me who and what it was that they showed and said? Thanks!

GStrong
08-27-2004, 05:52 PM
It was just terrible. Basically it was a look back like ten years ago during super bowl week when some pro football players teamed up with pro pool players and had a little tournament. The pros were Buddy Hall, Mike Siegel, and Nick Varner. I would have loved to have watched it, but the two hosts of this show just bashed the pro pool players. They would show when a football player would make a shot, then when a pro pool player would miss and they would make fun of them. They were pretty brutal. Anyway, I am sure anyone who saw it would have been pissed! Hey, I always looking for billiards on TV too... too bad those hosts were the worst. I have HD net and every Wednesday they have been showing the Molson Cup in HD. It's awesome!