PDA

View Full Version : Efren's birthday feast

Leviathan
08-26-2004, 10:54 AM
I was wondering what Efren might eat at his birthday feast, so I looked up an article about the cuisine of the Philippines. Most Philippino dishes sound fantastic, but this one just doesn't appeal to me:

Curacha
The famous dish when visitors come, is originated from Zamboanga and is crustacean which looks a bit like a crap crossed with a crayfish.

--AS /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Mr Ingrate
08-26-2004, 11:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Leviathan:</font><hr>
Curacha
The famous dish when visitors come, is originated from Zamboanga and is crustacean which looks a bit like a crap crossed with a crayfish.
--AS /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Perhaps it's Cacacha?

Leviathan
08-26-2004, 11:20 AM
Isn't that some kind of filthy dance?

Wally_in_Cincy
08-26-2004, 11:25 AM
I've heard that when he's in the states some of his Pinoy fans will bring him his favorite homemade treat - pickled fish. Not sure what species.

cueless joey will know.

eg8r
08-26-2004, 12:50 PM
I would probably have to stop for some fast-food on the way should I ever get such a wonderful invitation. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Cueless Joey
08-26-2004, 02:26 PM
Curacha is a LOBSTER.
I had one when I was little.
It was very good.
Apparently they are only found in Zamboanga, Philippines.
Zamboanga btw is heaven for seafood lovers.
Efren celebrated his birthday at Shooters, Riverside last year. Efren requested Sashimi from me ( funny he calls them SESAME, /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif ). I brought some. Efren watches his cholesterol now so I doubt if he'd eat that much Curacha ( they actually call them cukoracha). Spanish is the dialect in Zamboanga ( albeit a butchered version of the Castillan Spanish /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ).
Happy 50th to Efren. I think he is 50.

SpiderMan
08-26-2004, 02:55 PM
I once worked with a Philipino who told me about "dog sausage". It did not sound very appetizing.

According to Apolinar, the recipe involved preparing a mix of spicy sausage meat and feeding it to a dog which had been caged and starved for several days. A day or so later, the dog was killed and his intestines (containing the partially-digested meat) were pulled out and tied into links. Dog sausage!

I considered asking him why he didn't just wait another day for the mix to come out naturally, in link form (albiet without the intestinal casing), for then he would be able to recycle his dog. Who knows, it could start an entire new fad, restaurant owners following dogs around to collect "sausage".

SpiderMan

eg8r
08-26-2004, 02:56 PM
I am not sure which is more gross, his recipe or yours. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Cueless Joey
08-26-2004, 03:26 PM
He was pulling your leg.
Sick joke. He's probably laughing to this day you believed that recipe. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif