PDA

View Full Version : West Nile scare/ the govt. is not telling us

Cueless Joey
08-26-2004, 02:37 PM
everything.
My co-worker's sister has come down with a mysterious illness. It's not meningitis and they said it's not due to West Nile virus. But, they don't know what's wrong with her. She's been acting like she's possessed. They have her quarantined in the hospital after she bit one of the nurses.
My boss's sister has come down with another mysterious illness this week. Her blood pressure shot up the roof and she's having internal bleeding. They don't know what's wrong with her either.
They have started spraying in the LA area to kill the mosquitos carrying the west nile virus. Now, they are saying there might be another strain of virus from the mosquitos.
I am paranoid now. There is something going on but I don't think they want to tell the public all about it. Everyone here is saying they someone with a mysterious illness as well.
Somebody enlighten me b/c paranoia is spreading fast here.

highsea
08-26-2004, 05:45 PM
Joey, sounds like you better quit that job!

J/K. If you are worried, take a few precautions about getting bit. When outdoors, you can use an insect repellant containing DEET. Also long sleeves and pants offer some protection, but are pretty hot in the summer.

Indoors, place a fan where you sleep. Mosquitoes don't like breezes.

You are not really in a group that would be considered threatened by West Nile. Usually it is older people, the very young, or people with reduced immune systems that are at risk if they become infected.

-CM

Cueless Joey
08-27-2004, 12:04 AM
Thanks CM.
I'm gonna get that repellant.