PDA

View Full Version : Hey Talisman Tony!

9 Ball Girl
08-27-2004, 08:47 AM
Hi Tony! Just wanted to let you know that the phone number listed on your website is wrong. I don't know who I reached but she sounded a tad annoyed because she said she wished she knew what the correct phone number was since she erroneously gets a lot of phone calls for Talisman.

Anyway, the reason I was calling was because I would like to know if the new Tribal case, which I ordered on Wednesday the 25th, would arrive to NY for me by next Friday so that I can take it down to the US Open with me and show it off. I'm assuming that SPetty would like to do the same (she's in Texas).

Thanks!

Wendy<---desperate for her case!!!

Sid_Vicious
08-27-2004, 09:33 AM
I think Tony could make a nice promo here by paying for a rush shipment on your's and SPetty's cases. I would, if I was him. Imagine the customer feedback frenzy on this site alone...sid

SPetty
08-27-2004, 11:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I would like to know if the new Tribal case, which I ordered on Wednesday the 25th, would arrive to NY for me by next Friday so that I can take it down to the US Open with me and show it off. I'm assuming that SPetty would like to do the same (she's in Texas).<hr /></blockquote>Did you dial the international code before the phone number? (I have a coworker that told me you need to dial 011, then the ten digits - instead of locally in the states where you dial 1 then the ten digits...)

Yep, I'd like to bring my brand new Talisman to VA it arrives (and if I can squeeze it into my traveling tube). The status of my order still sits at "Awaiting Shipment". /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Have you tried emailing Tony? I'd at least like to get a tracking number when it ships.

9 Ball Girl
08-27-2004, 12:11 PM
I emailed Tony but I can't find on the website where you can check your order like where you see your's as "Awaiting Shipment". Tony is supposed to send me some other stuff for our CCB tourney so I hope he'll put 2 and 2 together and send it all in 1 shot! I'm hopeful. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But wouldn't it be great for you and me to show the cases off in VA? Especially since you bought the black one and I bought the brown one--folks can look for themselves and decide!

SPetty
08-27-2004, 12:31 PM
The link to the status is in the confirmation email that I got.

I suspect Tony never actually sees the order. It goes to the warehouse in (Illinois?) and gets shipped from there. He probably doesn't know that we've even ordered them!

9 Ball Girl
08-27-2004, 12:42 PM
Sigh. Well, I also emailed through CCNow too. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Fred Agnir
08-27-2004, 01:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I don't know who I reached but she sounded a tad annoyed because she said she wished she knew what the correct phone number was since she erroneously gets a lot of phone calls for Talisman.<hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>Did you dial the international code before the phone number? (I have a coworker that told me you need to dial 011, then the ten digits - instead of locally in the states where you dial 1 then the ten digits...) <hr /></blockquote>

LOL!!! Oh Wendy, let me guess. Some gal from Los Angeles?

Talisman phone number from their website: 011 (66) 1 837 3603

Fred &lt;~~~ gotsta dial that "011"

RedHell
08-27-2004, 02:07 PM
Wendy,

Tony sent me an e-mail telling me he was having problems getting packaging for the 9tips packs. He will send the prizes directly to me at the Holiday Inn in VA. I thought I send you a PM about it, but apperently not. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

9 Ball Girl
08-27-2004, 02:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> LOL!!! Oh Wendy, let me guess. Some gal from Los Angeles? <hr /></blockquote>Probably! LOL

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr>Talisman phone number from their website: 011 (66) 1 837 3603<hr /></blockquote>Thanks! Only one problem though. I don't speak Thai. I think that's the language I'm hearing when I call the number!

RedHell
08-27-2004, 02:09 PM
You should also remember of the time zone difference, right now in Thailand it's like 4 am... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
08-27-2004, 02:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote RedHell:</font><hr> Tony sent me an e-mail telling me he was having problems getting packaging for the 9tips packs.<hr /></blockquote>I hope he doesn't have a problem finding packaging for the case! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

cueball1950
08-27-2004, 09:03 PM
you know what. the couple of times that i ordered tips from talisman they were shipped from a distributor here in the states. cuz i always had them within 3 to 4 days. i wonder if he is shipping the cases from there. i may be wrong but i could swear that they came from someplace here in the states..not hard to confuse me..lol...............mike

yegon
08-28-2004, 12:56 AM
wow I checked out the site and the cue cases look great, I'll sure get one when I grow up /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

one big problem with them though. I can't decide which one to take. The tribal line is very nice, but the black+red color combination of the original line, oh man...

SPetty
08-28-2004, 03:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> I could swear that they came from someplace here in the states.<hr /></blockquote>Quote from the web site (http://www.talismanbilliards.com/TribalCueCases.asp) : "All US orders now sent from our shipping centre in Illinois. Delivery usually within 7 - 10 days of placing the order."

cueball1950
08-28-2004, 09:13 PM
gotta give you a blue ribbon for that one. thank you for bailing me out. God it is terrible to get old...lol....see you in Sept...............................mike

9 Ball Girl
08-29-2004, 07:44 AM
Well, I'm waiting with bated breath and hoping that it'll arrive by no later than this Friday 'cause by Monday the 6th, I'll be on a jet plane... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rollthecheez
09-14-2004, 01:57 PM
I am in the market for a new case too. I am sure you have your case by now so I just wanted to see how you like the Talisman Tribal case? They look great but I have not seen one in person.

Thanks!

cycopath
09-14-2004, 03:16 PM
Did the case show up in time, Wendy?

9 Ball Girl
09-15-2004, 09:11 AM
The color that I wanted for my case, the reddish brown, was out of stock here in the U.S. so Tony wound up Fedexing it to my job from Thailand. I asked that it be sent to my job because no one was going to be home to received it (we were in VA).

I first saw the case in VA, a black one, and thought that it was bigger than what I would've liked. But everytime that I passed the case by the vendors in VA, I learned to like it. I especially love the fact that I can carry my cues around butt side down in the case and keep them in there while I play instead of having to lean them up against the wall or whatever. On Tuesday the 7th, my coworker emailed me and told me that my package had arrived. I had already given them a heads up on it. I just got back to work today, the 15th, and the first thing I said was, "where are my goods?".

I opened up the box. The case was in a black Talisman satchel. Very pretty and protective. When I took the case out of the satchel, I was beside myself. It's the most beautiful case that I've ever seen. The color stands out and you can see the tribal design. It's so pretty. The butt and shaft slots are rubberized which I like. I am extremely happy. I think I'm going to have to buy new cues--I don't feel like putting my cues in there! LOL At least I'll clean them first!

I also received 3 green Talisman towels to wipe down your cue with, a pack of Pro tips, and a Talisman polo shirt--All free.

So Tony if you're out there, Thank you Thank you Thank you. The craftsmanship on this case is excellent. I'm extremely happy. There's only one problem though. I might get arrested for impersonating a pool player walking around with a case like that!

TalismanTony
09-16-2004, 11:05 PM
Hi 9 Ball Girl,

Glad the case arrived safely, I am sorry for the delay. Also very pleased to hear you like the case, myself and my staff take a lot of pride in making these.

Hope you all had a great time in VA, maybe I'll make it over there one year.

Thanks and kind regards,
Tony.