PDA

View Full Version : WorldCup 3-cushion final on-line!

Bob_Jewett
08-27-2004, 09:48 AM
The following announcement [minor edits] is from Louis Van Ingelgem, the Sports Director of the UMB (World Billiard Union, governing body of carom billiards) -- Bob

-------------------------------------------------------------

From Friday 3rd of September until Sunday 5th of September you will be able to follow LIVE the final matches of the Worldcup of Antwerp (Belgium) on our website. -- www.umb.org (http://www.umb.org)

This Worldcup, the last of the year 2004, will also determine which player will be the overall winner of the Worldcup 2004. Four players can still win the special prize offered by "Drukkerij Verheyen" and the Trophy offered by the UMB.

The present situation is as following:

- T. Blomdahl: 194 points
- F. Caudron: 180 points
- D. Sanchez: 176 points
- S. Sayginer: 172 points

The winner of the Worldcup of Antwerp will take 80 points, the runner-up: 54 points, 3rd & 4th: 38 points; 5th - 8th: 26 points; 9th - 16th: 16 points and 17th - 32nd: 8 points.

This means that if the winner of the Worldcup of Antwerp is one of the four players, he will also win the Worldcup 2004; if this should not be the case all other scenario's are possible !!!

Best regards

Louis Van Ingelgem -- UMB-Sports Director

thecardman
08-28-2004, 10:09 AM
Mr Jewitt

Many thanks for the information. I look forward to watching next weekend.

Best wishes

thecardman
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Big Dave
08-28-2004, 11:17 AM
Ditto... This would have escaped my attention if you hadn't mentioned it here. I can't get enough of this on-line viewing. Thanks again. Big D.

piglit
08-30-2004, 06:08 AM
Thank you Bob, and Louis too!

A wonderful opportunity for the world!!

-piga