PDA

View Full Version : Concentration

nineball33
08-27-2004, 02:49 PM
If I may ask is their a lesson,drill,exc. that allows you to train your mind to be in perfect harmony with yourself an the table for dead stroke hours on end.

Chris Cass
08-27-2004, 03:04 PM
yes

BillPorter
08-27-2004, 03:24 PM
tap....tap.....tap

LivinGr8
08-27-2004, 05:24 PM
GRASSHOPPER,
Imagine your in a POW camp, hands tied behind your back with a 2 foot extension rope and your captors are picking you up bodily. The only way to cope is to learn to love the rope thats hanging you. Practicing your stroke for hours on end requires the same steadfast mentality and patience.

nineball33
08-27-2004, 05:47 PM
Why is it that I wont to get better in pool and all every one has jokes

Chris Cass
08-27-2004, 06:35 PM
Well, you want honesty Daniel?

Your posts are off the wall. Your looking for that magic pill to take. Look at all your posts. Look at the one about being poor and picking cotton for .25 . You pm me and I try hard to help you out and your just not satified.

Either your pulling our legs here or your thinking you could avoid any practice schedules and competition. You talk about getting someone to come down to Tyler and play some guy for doe that's beating you. One could assumme that your looking for action or your trying to get even for personal reasons.

You've been playing for 15 yrs and still you ask questions like concentration or 5 other things. I can see by your replies you haven't been playing for 15 yrs. It just don't make any sence.

I never drilled one thing before the last 3 yrs. I never took one lesson. Most of the pros haven't taken many lessons if at all. Most learned by playing the game. That's all that's needed.

Now, the drilling and the lessons help the learning curve tremedously. We've found this out through many yrs of studies. The main thing is, to play the game. Your not going to come out with a clear mind of any instruction or book that will put you right up there with the pros. Not even the local shortstop. You must, play the game. You must, play with better players. You must, read material. You must, practice and you must, compete.

You have to take one step at a time. You have to see a problem your having with and in what area. The qualified instructor and some shortstops can help you out in what they see that's not right or that can help you to improve.

Most of all, you must be honest with yourself and your abilities. Sometimes it helps to find the areas by watching the accustats tapes of the pros. They all have something in common. Find out what that is. Now, I'll tell you what I'll do for free. Get someone to video tape your stroking one shot. Shoot that one straight in shot for 100 times while taping. Get 25 shots from the side view, 25 from the front view, 25 from the back view and 25 from the getting into the stance view.

I'll personally evaluate you and give you my responce via pm. Nothing said to anyone publically or privatly. It won't be a qualified evaluation but the price is right. When your done with the video? Pm me and I'll give you an address to send it to. Please don't waist my time.

Regards,

C.C.

yegon
08-28-2004, 01:15 AM
I have found this somewhere here and it helps me to concentrate and to bear down on every shot

START(
%Am9C9%Br9I1%CC8I0%DZ5Z2%En5H2%FG3W6%G\5Z1%Hm8Z9%I r9V0%J[5D5
%KC8V1%LG8G8%Mo4W2%NH6Z7%OH7D0%Pd4L0
)END

http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pool/pooltable2.html

shoot all the balls, let the white where it ends, get the balls to the same places and shoot again

all the shots are very easy, it is just about concentration. You should do at least 75 without a miss, set your goals higher if you can make it, or make the drill harder (move balls a diamond farther from the pockets)

Cueless Joey
08-28-2004, 01:47 AM
Concentration is the ability to empty your mind when right before you shoot.

bluewolf
08-28-2004, 07:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nineball33:</font><hr> If I may ask is their a lesson,drill,exc. that allows you to train your mind to be in perfect harmony with yourself an the table for dead stroke hours on end. <hr /></blockquote>

Yes there is, sort of. A beginner even can learn how to turn off the mental chatter,won't be able to do it as well as an experienced person but will learn the concept, and I will tell you the trick.

Go to pool school for three days and that is one of the subjects adressed.

Laura