PDA

View Full Version : Just Moved To Florida!!! :)

MaineEAck
08-29-2004, 02:46 PM
Hey Everyone...I just moved to Florida! Just South of West Palm Beach... I love it here. There is SOOOO much pool to be played /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I have played in 2 of the Tommy Kennedy tour events so far... nothing special but both times I got $50.00 for being the highest placing Jr. lol. So hows everyone doing?

CarolNYC
08-29-2004, 04:14 PM
Hey Jordan,
Nice to hear from you-good for you!
Anything in the money is a WINNER!
Keep up the great work and good-luck in your new home!
Take care /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol

Kato
08-29-2004, 05:58 PM
Hey Jordan, how's everything. Good for you. Tommy gets some tough fields. There's some good pool up in West Palm. If you ever get down to Lauderdale, look me up.

Kato

Stretch
08-29-2004, 07:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MaineEAck:</font><hr> Hey Everyone...I just moved to Florida! Just South of West Palm Beach... I love it here. There is SOOOO much pool to be played /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I have played in 2 of the Tommy Kennedy tour events so far... nothing special but both times I got $50.00 for being the highest placing Jr. lol. So hows everyone doing? <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Jordan, glad to here your still at it. Ahaaaaa to be young again, and moveing to florida, and cashing at tournies......you piss me off. LOL St

stickman
08-29-2004, 09:17 PM
Hi, Jordan. Good to hear from you again. I've only visited, but Florida was a beautiful place. Good luck in your tournaments. Don't be such a stranger. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Jim

Jimmy B
08-30-2004, 12:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MaineEAck:</font><hr> Hey Everyone...I just moved to Florida! Just South of West Palm Beach... <hr /></blockquote>

Who cares, get a job.

JB

MaineEAck
09-01-2004, 07:57 PM
Actually I have a Full Time job working at Express Consolidation. I work in the IT department and I fix computers and stuff like that... But thanks for the advice.... I only wish I was successful enough to someday be a bartender. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote MaineEAck:</font><hr> Hey Everyone...I just moved to Florida! Just South of West Palm Beach... <hr /></blockquote>

Who cares, get a job.

JB <hr /></blockquote>

MaineEAck
09-01-2004, 08:01 PM
Hey everyone... I love it down here, it's a bit of a tempature change but I like it. I also noticed a huge difference in the way the balls react with such humid air, compared to the Crisp Air of Maine. lol. Hey Kato, i have already been down there... I went to Beach Place with my roommate, hes also a good pool player/

Jimmy B
09-02-2004, 01:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MaineEAck:</font><hr> I only wish I was successful enough to someday be a bartender. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

Maybe some day when you grow up and are old enough you'll understand the many benifits. BTW E-mail me I need to know what you did so far with that computer.

JB

highsea
09-02-2004, 04:52 AM
Well MainEack, now that you're in Florida, You ought to hop Chalkair over to the Islands. Get yourself a room at the Compleat Angler in Bimini. There's a little bar on Kings Highway about 100 feet down from the Big Game Club. It's on the left, I forget the name. It has a red front. If you miss it and keep going you'll come to the End of the World. Just backtrack.

In the back room of this place, there is a barbox on a dirt floor. The locals drink gin and milk, and they'll treat you like gold. They also know their table, and play a good game.

The drinking age is 18, of course, but if you can reach the bar, you're old enough. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-CM

catscradle
09-02-2004, 06:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MaineEAck:</font><hr> Hey Everyone...I just moved to Florida! Just South of West Palm Beach... I love it here. There is SOOOO much pool to be played /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I have played in 2 of the Tommy Kennedy tour events so far... nothing special but both times I got $50.00 for being the highest placing Jr. lol. So hows everyone doing? <hr /></blockquote>

I presume your handle refers to your former location. When you loss the "Ehhh-yups" and start talking with a drawl and consider "down east" to be Bermuda, please change your handle.
Cat. &lt;= A New Englander forever. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooltchr
09-02-2004, 06:06 AM
I'm so jealous! I used to live in Lake Worth, and wish I had never left.
Miz has a nice room up in North Palm you should check out.
Hope you stay safe with this hurricane coming.
Steve

Rich R.
09-02-2004, 07:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MaineEAck:</font><hr> I also noticed a huge difference in the way the balls react with such humid air, compared to the Crisp Air of Maine. <hr /></blockquote>
Hey, let's keep this pool related!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Nice to hear from you Jordan. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MaineEAck
09-02-2004, 02:20 PM
I will Never Ever change my handle, that has been my nick name since i started playing pool. and I will never talk slow and uneducated like much of the south. And I have never said IIIYUHHHH or any other Maine catch phrases. I speak very well. Now spelling, thats another story!
and to everyone who is telling me about these new poolhalls, I will check them out as soon as i can come back here to my new house. We have to evacuate tomarrow for the hurricane. Talk to you very soon... O ahve to go now tho.
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote catscradle:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote MaineEAck:</font><hr> Hey Everyone...I just moved to Florida! Just South of West Palm Beach... I love it here. There is SOOOO much pool to be played /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I have played in 2 of the Tommy Kennedy tour events so far... nothing special but both times I got $50.00 for being the highest placing Jr. lol. So hows everyone doing? <hr /></blockquote>

I presume your handle refers to your former location. When you loss the "Ehhh-yups" and start talking with a drawl and consider "down east" to be Bermuda, please change your handle.
Cat. &lt;= A New Englander forever. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

SPetty
09-02-2004, 02:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MaineEAck:</font><hr> I will never talk slow and uneducated like much of the south. <hr /></blockquote>Slow down there, quick one! You'll soon learn that slow talking does not equal uneducated and I would urge you to resist thinking like that.

Good luck with your hurricane exploits, and welcome back to the board.

Barbara
09-02-2004, 04:12 PM
Jordan,

So the reason why you weren't at the VF Expo is?????

And will I be seeing you in the Amateur Open next year??

Barbara

MaineEAck
09-02-2004, 06:14 PM
I was not saying that slow and uneducated are the same thing. I was just saying that I will never talk either way.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote MaineEAck:</font><hr> I will never talk slow and uneducated like much of the south. <hr /></blockquote>Slow down there, quick one! You'll soon learn that slow talking does not equal uneducated and I would urge you to resist thinking like that.

Good luck with your hurricane exploits, and welcome back to the board. <hr /></blockquote>

MaineEAck
09-02-2004, 06:17 PM
I was really busy for a while there... Paying a lot more atention to my school work (High Honors all of senior year). And i was playing pool everyday still. I just had some big papers due and didn't have the time. And the year before that, I had gotten into some trouble (The old me lol) and my parents told me no way. Which i don't blame them one bit.

Kato
09-02-2004, 06:41 PM
Been down to check out our women folk did you Jordan?

Yep, balls react very differently down here. I have a heck of time playing up north.

Kato

bobroberts
09-03-2004, 04:47 PM
Welcome to S.fla.You need to come down to Boca to Gatsbys on 18th st. and 10 minutes away in Deerfield there is Mizs place on Lyons and Hillsboro blvd.There is a couple of bar tables with action in W.P.B. on Forest hill &amp; Jog road in Trafalagar square.You will love it here.I think there is a pool hall about every 15 miles or so all the way down to Miami.
Keep kewl and safe from this damm hurricane.I just wish it would come and go already.
Bob