PDA

View Full Version : Another Hurricane....ccb tournament/open

cueball1950
08-29-2004, 03:04 PM
well the weather channel has another hurricane for us to worry about. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif this 1 is called francis. right now it is about a week away from landfall. they predict sometime later this week or over next weekend. maybe barry should schedule the open for october....lol...but what the hay. i will be there anyway. atleast this 1 might hit before the open starts. so lets pray that this 1 hangs a sharp right and goes out into the atlantic and dies a quick death. Cuz i simply cannot wait to see all of my old and new friends again...................................mike

CarolNYC
08-29-2004, 04:12 PM
Hey Mike,
Don't worry-you guys are gonna be fine !
Your gonna have a great time! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I will definitely miss youse! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Carol

ELnino
08-29-2004, 07:00 PM
Don't act like you're scared of a little hurricane Cueball1950, you hung in there last year like a maniac... and because you're such a pool "FREAK" you'll do it again this year. I'll be hiding under my bed at the Redroof again. See ya there

9 Ball Girl
08-29-2004, 08:23 PM
Sigh. I always have some horror story whenever I travel. I guess my flight to VA this year is no exception. I guess it's becoming tradition. Last year what should've been a 2 hour trip became an 8 hour trip, but hey, since when do we let some little rinky dink hurricane stop us?

cueball1950
08-29-2004, 08:28 PM
you can always stop by the open if you wish. just like valley forge. we would welcome a "PRO" like you anyday. Besides, i need a hug.....................mike

RedHell
08-29-2004, 09:02 PM
This isn't to good a news... And worse, this right now look like it will hit right at the begining of the Open. If you look at the 5 days forecast below, it will not have reach the US on friday, so I am afraid this isn't a good sign !!!

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT06/refresh/AL0604W5+GIF/300253W5.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
08-29-2004, 09:23 PM
I can vouch for Wendy's horror stories for last year. She had me waiting forever for a two hour flight.

LOL, this year, we will be blessed with wonderful Fall type weather..

I feel it in my old bones.

Chris Cass
08-29-2004, 09:41 PM
I swear, this can't be a natural thing. Someone up there doesn't want me to go.

Regards,

C.C.~~can't believe this.

Jimmy B
08-30-2004, 01:00 AM
I thought the storm made for a good time, I'll never forget trying to have our tourney with the lights going in and out. I also think it didn't hurt with our great seats for all the good matches (when I was awake)

JB

Jimmy B
08-30-2004, 01:01 AM
I forgot to mention most girls think I'm cuter with the lights out. I kinda hope they go out more often now that I think about it ;-)

JB

Rich R.
08-30-2004, 03:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> well the weather channel has another hurricane for us to worry about. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Once you've seen one hurricane, you've seen them all. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I'm hoping for it to go out to sea. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
08-30-2004, 07:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i need a hug <hr /></blockquote>

You got it-hey, I just saw the weather-lets just keep our fingers crossed!!!!!!!
I'll be thinking of youse! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol

9 Ball Girl
08-30-2004, 08:21 AM
It "Frances" comes in this weekend, then I can bet that I'll be on one of those delayed flights eventhough it looks like beautiful weather here in NY this weekend, if it looks bad down in VA, then I'll be delayed or worse, stranded for a long while! Damn hurricane season. I hope it gets blocked by something or it turns off into the other direction. Oy!