PDA

View Full Version : The MTV Youth have voted......

eg8r
08-30-2004, 06:21 AM
From the Drudgereport (http://www.drudgereport.com/kerrymtv.htm) ... <blockquote><font class="small">Quote drudge (accent in original text):</font><hr> THE BOOS THAT ROCKED THE VOTE: KERRY DAUGHTERS RECEIVE RUDE AWAKENING AT MTV AWARDS
Sun Aug 29 2004 23:36:31 ET

MTV, ROLLING STONE and the rock and roll establishment -- past and present -- have cast their vote, and their man is John Kerry.

So on Sunday night when John Kerry's daughters were announced to speak at the annual MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS, the MTV youth were expected to welcome his daughter's as pop culture princesses.

Instead, in an era of the unexpected, the daughters of the Democratic candidate were met with cheers -- AND JEERS -- during the live broadcast in Miami.

From the moment Alexandra and Vanessa started speaking, the boos outweighed anything close to cheers, and the reaction turned worse when the daughters asked the VIACOM youth to vote for their father. So shocked by the reaction, the taller of the two daughters tried to 'shhhhhh' her peers to no avail.

Developing...
<hr /></blockquote> I find this a bit surprising. MTV has been pretty successful with this type of thing in the past, especially when they sent Gore out there in the tightest jeans on the planet.

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
08-30-2004, 06:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>

..So shocked by the reaction, the taller of the two daughters tried to 'shhhhhh' her peers to no avail.... <hr /></blockquote>

Was that Secretariat or Seabiscuit? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

This was in Miami. They probably would have received a warmer reception in NYC.

Wally &lt;~~ has fond memories of the firemen booing Hillary off the stage.

Rich R.
08-30-2004, 07:50 AM
You only have part of the story, as usual.

Bush's daughters also appeared, however their appearance was pre-recorded.

So it seems the powers that be, at MTV, gave equal time, to both sides.

IMHO, the audience didn't care for the political interruption, of the awards show. I know, I would not have liked it, regardless of the party involved. There is a time and place for everything.

PQQLK9
08-30-2004, 08:34 AM
I was at the pool room when the show came on and I saw the rousing reception given to Will Smith and Shaq but lost interest when the croutch grabbing rappers came on /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif.

Wally_in_Cincy
08-30-2004, 08:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> ...Bush's daughters also appeared, however their appearance was pre-recorded....

IMHO, the audience didn't care for the political interruption.....<hr /></blockquote>

I just heard the Bush girls got booed too but since they were on tape it didn't come out as loud on tv.

I also heard somebody that talked to Carl Rove this morning and he said he planned it that way just in case they did get booed. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think he was Lee Atwater's protege /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r
08-30-2004, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You only have part of the story, as usual.

Bush's daughters also appeared, however their appearance was pre-recorded.

So it seems the powers that be, at MTV, gave equal time, to both sides.
<hr /></blockquote> I have only part of the story, "as usual" ( <font color="red"> after this I just can't wait to hear what stellar information you have to share </font color>), is what you say prior to mentioning something that has NOTHING to do with the subject?

The subject matter has ZILCH to do with whether there was equal time between the two sets of daughters. LOL. If you are going to be sarcastic at least make a point? I did not have half the story, as the entire story was quoted for you to read and it was ONLY about the Kerry girls getting booed. I would have thought you might have something if you would have said the Bush girls were booed also but you could not even offer that. How in the world is what you offered, "the other half", when it has nothing to do with what I posted?

Since you know the "whole" story... [ QUOTE ]
IMHO, the audience didn't care for the political interruption, of the awards show. I know, I would not have liked it, regardless of the party involved. There is a time and place for everything. <hr /></blockquote> ...was there booing when the pre-recorded segment of the Bush daughters was played? It surely was not at a better time or moment was it? Still the same awards show, right?

eg8r

Rich R.
08-30-2004, 10:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> The subject matter has ZILCH to do with whether there was equal time between the two sets of daughters. LOL. <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">I believe what you posted did imply that MTV was backing Kerry as a candidate, because they had the Kerry girls on the show.
Please read what you quoted. </font color> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote drudge:</font><hr>MTV, ROLLING STONE and the rock and roll establishment -- past and present -- have cast their vote, and their man is John Kerry. <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">The "other half" of the story, I provided, was that MTV, not only had the Kerry girls on their show, but the Bush girls also appeared. Neither you, nor the story you quoted made any mention of that. Since MTV had the daughters of both candidates on the show, I don't see how they have "cast their vote". </font color> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>was there booing when the pre-recorded segment of the Bush daughters was played? It surely was not at a better time or moment was it? Still the same awards show, right? <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">It seems Wally has already answered this question. </font color>

eg8r
08-30-2004, 10:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I believe what you posted did imply that MTV was backing Kerry as a candidate, because they had the Kerry girls on the show.
Please read what you quoted <hr /></blockquote> MTV does back Kerry, so do the majority of the performers. Last year and this year, MTV has given much more support and time for the Kerry campaign. The point is that this WAS NOT THE SUBJECT MATTER? I don't need to read it, I know what it says and I am able to handle the 3 grade reading skills in which one is required to pick out the main idea. The point is that the youth generally vote liberally yet they booed the Kerry girls.

[ QUOTE ]
The "other half" of the story, I provided, was that MTV, not only had the Kerry girls on their show, but the Bush girls also appeared <hr /></blockquote> Once again, that was NOT the story. You are having trouble understanding what the main point was, you are arguing something that was not there, a strawman.

[ QUOTE ]
It seems Wally has already answered this question. <hr /></blockquote> Yes, this was something you were unable to do in your original post. Seems you had trouble telling your "whole" half story and he picked you up.

eg8r

Alfie
08-30-2004, 07:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> lost interest when the croutch grabbing rappers came on <hr /></blockquote>Yes, they demonstrate an extreme lack of breeding.

nhp
08-31-2004, 05:20 AM
You've gotta love politics when cons and libs get into a debate about which candidate's daughters got booed louder /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif