PDA

View Full Version : Bill Clinton.....the Preacher

eg8r
08-30-2004, 10:20 AM
Here is the web page (http://www.washtimes.com/national/20040830-123250-5313r.htm) [ QUOTE ]
Mr. Clinton took time out of the European leg of his worldwide book tour to return to the United States to speak at Riverside Church, where he <font color="blue"> quoted Scripture from the pulpit in dissecting President Bush's faith. </font color>
<hr /></blockquote> Hmmm, Bill Clinton in a church? I bet he felt uncomfortable that morning. Anyone find it odd that a man with as much questionable morals and ethics as Bill Clinton would be using the Bible to dissect another man's faith? Why doesn't Bill read the Bible and let us know where he went wrong? Oh yeah, he does not think he did anything wrong.

The rest of the article also talks about tying Bush to the SBVs. I do not recall seeing the mighty Clinton's bouncing around church's denouncing Kerry after the MoveOn.org ads. Did I miss it? What about all the proven Moore lies in his video, where were the Clintons? They are bashing Bush because of a 527's actions, but say nothing of the liberal 527s.

[ QUOTE ]
She <font color="blue"> (Hitlary Clinton) </font color> also predicted that Republicans will put forth a false face during their convention.
<hr /></blockquote> Is this the same type of action she ignored during the DNC? Kerry and Kennedy acting like they are moderates. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
"The measure of success is we are getting our message out," said Matt Bennett, spokesman for the Democrats' Response Team operation. <hr /></blockquote> Is he calling the DNC a failure? No message made it out of the DNC otherwise, the polls show the American public just is not all that excited about this message.

[ QUOTE ]
"Obviously, this week, the Republicans will dominate the political message. But we want to make two things certain: One, that George Bush has not accomplished his mission for America, and two, what the American people will hear from the stage in Madison Square Garden is a facade totally out of step with the candidate," he said.
<hr /></blockquote> Yeah, and the DNC was a perfect presentation of the state of the Democrats. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif At least the Republicans are not holing everyone up in cages.

[ QUOTE ]
"It's important to note the only reason Republicans are in New York is to exploit 9/11," Mr. Bennett said. "Let's face it: Why else would they be here?"..............Noting that the Democrats made more than 100 references to September 11 during their convention in Boston, he (Gillespie) said the Republican event held just blocks from the destroyed World Trade Center could not be expected to ignore the issue. <hr /></blockquote> So what we have here is another example of hypocrisy...The Dems want to reference 9/11 over 100 times, but want the Reps to be quiet about it.

[ QUOTE ]
Democrats have pointed out that Mr. Miller <font color="blue"> (who will be speaking at the RNC) </font color> just three years ago called Mr. Kerry a war hero.
<hr /></blockquote> I believe Bush has had very similary great things to say about Kerry's service. But, one has to ask what does Zell Miller quote have to do with the fact that he is speaking at the RNC?

[ QUOTE ]
Then yesterday, Mr. Miller told Fox News he couldn't think of a single area on which he disagreed with the Republican Party, to which the Democratic Response Team said that Mr. Miller's "donkey costume, worn very thin in recent weeks, ripped wide open, exposing the elephant lurking beneath."
<hr /></blockquote> Thank God, the Reps are out saving one Democrat a day from the disfunction of the liberal mantra. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Alfie
08-30-2004, 07:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Anyone find it odd that a man with as much questionable morals and ethics as Bill Clinton would be using the Bible to dissect another man's faith? <hr /></blockquote>I doubt he was judging Bush. It was an intellectual exercise done for political reasons, IMO. Not odd at all.

nhp
08-31-2004, 05:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone find it odd that a man with as much questionable morals and ethics as Bill Clinton would be using the Bible to dissect another man's faith? <hr /></blockquote>

Every man sins, even the Pope. Bill Clinton committed adultery and smoked weed. George W. Bush snorted coke and drank alot. Compare both, and they are wrong. The only difference is Clinton committed adultery while he was President. George W. Bush drinks, I have seen a video of him drunk off his ass at a wedding (which was HILARIOUS, might I add). That did not affect you, me, or the country. Holy men sin, yet at the same time they preach against it. There is no difference.

eg8r
08-31-2004, 05:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Holy men sin, yet at the same time they preach against it. There is no difference. <hr /></blockquote> Besides the fact that you are giving Clinton a free ride for raping all those other women, there is a big difference between what Clinton did and the Holy men you are referring to...It is quite subtle, the Holy men ask for forgiveness and are truly repentant. Clinton is not sorry for sinning (he proved this in his defense of the description of the event with Monica, claiming it was not sex.), he is sorry for getting caught.

eg8r

highsea
08-31-2004, 08:58 AM
Well, it may have been a little hypocritical of Clinton, but it's an election year, so all the politicians will dust off their Bibles and become devout for a couple months. Kerry did it too, remember the pictures of him in the all black church in Boston? I'm sure that is where we can find him every Sunday morning.

No doubt that Bush is more religious than Kerry or Clinton, but I don't think any of it belongs in Politics anyway. One thing, I think it's safe to say that the separation of Church and State has been weakened under Bush. Not a good thing, imo.

-CM