PDA

View Full Version : How F'ed Up Is That?!

9 Ball Girl
08-30-2004, 10:27 AM
So there I was watching the olympic men's marathon. I never really have anyone in particular that I root for, but usually start rooting for whomever is up there in the front. So, if you saw this, then you know where I'm going.

I'm watching the runner from Brazil ahead of everyone else and start rooting for him because it would've been Brazil's first medal. And how great would it be if of all things, it's the gold medal that's won. Well, there he is running, when from out of the spectating crowd, some bleeping mofo runs out, grabs the Brazilian runner, and they both fall into the crowd. It took several people to get this protestor off of him, and by the time the Brazilian runner made it out of the crowd, the Italian and I forgot who came in second, passed him. I was totally pi$$ed. After all that hard work, you get some radical mofo to kill this poor guy's momentum and concentration and worse, lose out on winning the gold medal.

Marathon Controversy (http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,10618141%255E10389,00.html)

eg8r
08-30-2004, 10:30 AM
That was horrible. I cannot believe that happened.

eg8r

Stretch
08-30-2004, 11:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> That was horrible. I cannot believe that happened.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

This guy has a history of doing this. I saw on the news where they showed the same guy disrupting a formula 1 race by running down the track in the middle of the race holding up some big sign. They say he has some mentle illness. Mentle or not.....his act was totaly horrifying. Under the circumstances i believe the winner should have given the Brazilian the gold meddle. He didn't. That, to me, was almost as bad. St~~tainted victory's are not victory's~~

Wally_in_Cincy
08-30-2004, 11:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>

...they both fall into the crowd. It took several people to get this protestor off of him, and by the time the Brazilian runner made it out of the crowd, the Italian and I forgot who came in second, past him....<hr /></blockquote>

Actually they did not fall. And the other 2 guys were still pretty far back after the incident.

It may have shook him up enough to break his concentration and cause him to lose but if you saw the whole race I think Lima himself will admit that the Russain and the American would have caught him anyway.

He took it really well. I loved it when he came into the stadium and acted like he was flying. You gotta love that guy.

Did you see the clips they were showing of the goofball on the track at the F1 race?

F1 pics (http://www.f1-pics.com/britain03/britain2003-070.htm)

That guy should be put away.

9 Ball Girl
08-30-2004, 12:21 PM
He did take it in stride and was all smiles when he came into the stadium. What a sport! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

dg-in-centralpa
08-30-2004, 02:42 PM
This nut is a french fry short of a happy meal. I couldn't believe it happened especially with all the extra security.

DG - maybe they'll learn for the next time

Chris Cass
08-31-2004, 12:33 AM
Totally outraged at that myself. How could anyone crush someones dream and hard work for making a statement. That was totally unhuman and I hope he got his a$$ kicked by every cop on the way downtown. Sick Bast@rd.

Regards,

C.C.

CarolNYC
08-31-2004, 04:15 AM
I saw that,Wendy!

Isnt that a shame?????
Theres something wrong with that guy-he upset several events-he was also thrown outta the priesthood!
Unbelievable!

Carol~thinks Brazil shoulda taken gold!!

US took second!

nhp
08-31-2004, 05:24 AM
The proper punishment for that idiot would have been to tie him to a pole in the most populated city in Brazil for about two weeks.

RedHell
08-31-2004, 10:11 AM
The sad part of that story is that when he came on the F1 track at Silvertone last year, the minardi could have taken him out be missed !!!

Kato
08-31-2004, 11:15 AM
It was insane!!!!!

It obviously broke his rhythm though the other 2 were certainly gaining and he was struggling.

Yes he was all smiles when he came in 3rd but did file a protest and said he thought he would win. They said he only lost 10 seconds in the scrum but I'll be damned if we didn't get to see what could have been an extremely exciting finish for a marathon. The American came in second.

Kato

Wally_in_Cincy
08-31-2004, 11:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote RedHell:</font><hr> The sad part of that story is that when he came on the F1 track at Silvertone last year, the minardi could have taken him out be missed !!! <hr /></blockquote>

like the movie "Death Race 2000" /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

woody_968
08-31-2004, 12:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> he was also thrown outta the priesthood!

<hr /></blockquote>

Now thats saying something if hes bad enough to be thrown out of the priesthood /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

RedHell
08-31-2004, 12:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote RedHell:</font><hr> The sad part of that story is that when he came on the F1 track at Silvertone last year, the minardi could have taken him out be missed !!! <hr /></blockquote>

like the movie "Death Race 2000" /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

For sure, I wonder how many points does a mentaly ill, retired priest, over 50, famous protestor is worth ??? And there's got to be a couple of points for doing society a favor !!!

Wally_in_Cincy
08-31-2004, 12:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote RedHell:</font><hr> For sure, I wonder how many points does a mentaly ill, retired priest, over 50, famous protestor is worth ??? ...<hr /></blockquote>

20 I think. Over 50 years old really causes the points to drop /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

http://www.horror-wood.com/race.h7.jpg

Wally_in_Cincy
09-01-2004, 09:58 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/id/2836530_7_3.jpg

I honestly think I would have punched the guy if I was in that crowd.

9 Ball Girl
09-01-2004, 01:11 PM
I would've kicked him in whatever is left of his balls.

Wally_in_Cincy
09-01-2004, 01:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I would've kicked him in whatever is left of his balls. <hr /></blockquote>

By the looks of him I doubt that he has any /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif