PDA

View Full Version : CCB Dinner---Reminder

9 Ball Girl
08-30-2004, 01:52 PM
I've just called the Yukon and spoke to Terry. I've made a reservation for 25 people for Friday, September 10, at 5:30 PM. Twenty five might be a little more than what we'll get but I'd rather be over than under. The reservation is under my name, Wendy.

Yukon Steak Co. (http://www.yukonsteak.com/)
995 Providence Square Shopping Center
Virginia Beach, VA

It's funny because I had set a reminder up for myself in my Outlook here at work to make the reservation. So when I called this morning, they told me to call after 3:30 PM to speak to Terry. I did that, got connected to Terry and...

Terry: Hello, thanks for holding.
Me: Hi Terry, I called this morning but was told to call and ask for you after 3:30PM. I'd like to make a reservation.
Terry: Ok, when would you like the reservation.
Me: It'll be for Friday, September 10.
Terry: What time?
Me: 5:30 PM
Terry: How many people?
Me: About 25.
Terry: Wow. What's the occasion?
Me: It's a whole bunch of U.S. Open goers. (at this point I realized who it was I was speaking to)
Terry: (laughing) Oh my gosh! Really?
Me: Are you Terry Behrman?
Terry: Yeah?!
Me: Ok, we're all friends of Brady's. We tried going last year but the Hurricane knocked out your power.
Terry: (remembering) Yeah, that's right.
Me: So you can put the reservation under the name Wendy.
Terry: Great, we'll see you then!
Me: Ok then, bye bye.

SPetty
08-30-2004, 02:07 PM
Thanks, Wendy. See you there.

RedHell
08-30-2004, 02:43 PM
Excellent... Looking forward to meet you all /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris Cass
08-30-2004, 02:50 PM
The Canadian money might not be worth much, but the people there are, Priceless. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

C.C.

RedHell
08-30-2004, 03:02 PM
Thanks Chris,

But please don't remind me that this trip will be 40% more expensive for me !!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

BTW, I'm really concerned about this hurricane. I don't care if I get there before, but if this thing hit VA on sunday, I'll be driving right in it from NJ !!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Dang it ! /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Chris Cass
08-30-2004, 03:14 PM
Hi RedHell,

I wasn't trying to be remindive of the cost for you. Didn't think of it actually. I do think about you driving in those conditions and for me the humidity hurts way too much. Now, hearing the hurricane? Well, that's just too much to think of. I'm just going to see what happens. Can't stand the loss of power and the upsets it brings to match play.

That part bums me out more. Not to mention I have a wife that hates the fact I'm going without her. Just tired of dying and I'm starting to live. I'll be ok and so will you. Lets get this party started.

Regards,

C.C.

RedHell
08-30-2004, 03:23 PM
Chris don't worry about the money comment, it was just a joke...

I'll be stoping on saturday at Pizza Bob's place, shooting some and enjoying their (Bob and his better half) company. The plan is to leave on sunday for NJ and drive what's left of the road trip straight to VA. I will be there on sunday, not sure when, but I'll make sure I tried to get to Dr. D booth and meet you guys there, hey I might even be available to help if I'm not too late. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm ready !!!!! This is gonna be fun ! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
08-30-2004, 03:34 PM
Hey hey! Enough of this hurricane talk. I'll be up in the air, if I'm lucky! If we talk about it, we'll give it life. Think about all the fun that's ahead when you get to VA. Oh yeah baby. Oh yeah. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Wendy<---4 more work days!!!

Eric.
08-30-2004, 03:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Just tired of dying and I'm starting to live. I'll be ok and so will you. Lets get this party started.

Regards,

C.C. <hr /></blockquote>

Reminds me of a line from "The Shawshank Redemption" (I love that movie) where Morgan Freeman says "Either you get busy livin or get busy dying".

Like you said, let's get this party started.

Eric

Chris Cass
08-30-2004, 03:53 PM
Hi Eric,

I love Morgan Freedman. I rent everything he puts out. He's a fantastic actor. Seven was one of my favorite movies. He is so much in demand as an actor. Truely gifted. I dio remember seeing the movie you talk about but hadn't remembered that line. I like the whole story line of that particular movie and loved the part about the shoes. That was awesome. Take a mans shoes and that's right where it hurts the most. LOL

Regards,

C.C.

Rich R.
08-31-2004, 04:16 AM
I guess she didn't say anything about our 50% discount for being in the CCB and them canceling last year. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
08-31-2004, 07:59 AM
Actually, I mentioned something about getting a discount after saying that we were Brady's friends and she laughed. So...

RedHell
08-31-2004, 08:07 AM
She laugh !.?!?! That's it, cancel, we're going somewhere else !!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wonder if Brady would join us, did we invite him ???

9 Ball Girl
08-31-2004, 08:13 AM
Brady is always invited but I'm 100% sure that he'll be attending the Steve Mizerak commemoration dinner.

RedHell
08-31-2004, 08:19 AM
Good Point !!!

&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; Feel like an idiot now ! thanks !!1 /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

Chris Cass
08-31-2004, 08:24 AM
That's only if he can break my headlock. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

C.C.

Rich R.
08-31-2004, 09:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Actually, I mentioned something about getting a discount after saying that we were Brady's friends and she laughed. So... <hr /></blockquote>
I would take that as a "YES". /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

SPetty
08-31-2004, 10:25 AM
There are discount coupons on their web site, but they expire 7/31/04!!!

9 Ball Girl
08-31-2004, 10:37 AM
Yeah, I saw that too but oh well.

Brady_Behrman
08-31-2004, 11:10 AM
That Terri Chick will do what she can. Rest assured YOU WONT PAY FULL PRICE

See ya'll

Wondering why I wasnt invited...lol

Brady

RedHell
08-31-2004, 11:59 AM
Brady,
I'll tell you what, if you manage to show up early (if you have the time bofore the Miz tribute diner) beer's on me, I owe you one for the effort you put in getting the VIP seats reservation system working for us, poor Canadian !!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
08-31-2004, 12:08 PM
Oh you know you're always invited. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cueball1950
08-31-2004, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Either you get busy livin or get busy dying". <hr /></blockquote> then i had better get busy dying......mike

Chris Cass
08-31-2004, 10:03 PM
I know your kidding Mike. I hope you know your kidding Mike. Don't be scaring me Mike. You know that saying is ok for a movie line, but once you walk that road, you know what living really means. There comes a time when, you just have to pull yourself up and do for you. There comes a time, when you get tired of all the negative things around you, and all the pain. Looking into the faces of the people you love and some you don't. You just say, enough is enough. I play pool, I play hard and I like to do the things, I love. Noone, nowhere, is going to stop me. I didn't come into this life, without kicking and I'm damm sure, not going out, without kicking.

Regards,

C.C.

Eric.
09-02-2004, 08:16 AM
Hey Mike,

Just remember; the first 100 years is the roughest, after that, it's a piece of cake.

Eric

Frank_Glenn
09-09-2004, 04:43 PM
Hey all. I see the Dr. at 1:45 so if I'm out of there by 2:45 I may make it to the Holiday Inn by 5:30. If not, I'll just come on over to the Yukon.
Frank Glenn