PDA

View Full Version : To My Fellow U.S. Open CCBers

9 Ball Girl
08-31-2004, 03:37 PM
Barry Behrman called me at work just now. And although I know I'm cool, yeah you all know I am, I became very shy while conversing with him. Teehee. I can't stop smiling now.

We're going to be playing in the Green Room. That's the room immediately to the right of Q-Masters when you walk in. We'll have six tables and we'll have the room all day and night. Remember that they are lending us this room so we should show our appreciation to they're staff. Hint Hint!

In any case, this is the best part. Barry has included us in this year's program. I'm so giddy right now that my hands are shakin' as I type this. You don't know how many times I've had to hit the Backspace key. Anyway, he read to me what's in the program and it was something like this:

The 3rd Annual Cue Chalk Board (CCB) Tournament will be held at Q-Master's this year. These people have met on the internet over the years and come to the U.S. Open to meet each other.....

And, the icing on the cake? He's going to mention all of us before the Finals on Sunday! I told him a bunch of us will be in the Dishaw section and 5 more in the Josey section.

Is Barry the man or what?

Barry, if you're reading this, prepare yourself for a hug when I see you on Monday the 6th.

Love always,
Wendy

Mr Ingrate
08-31-2004, 04:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>
&lt;Snip&gt; We'll have six tables
<hr /></blockquote>
On a technical note, 24 is the optimum number of players for 6 tables using the fun tournament format. That way the round should end and the next one begin with little wait time between rounds. 32 players gives you 8 matches per round, with 24 people sitting around waiting for the 7th and 8th match to finish. Of course, you could even things out by setting aside two tables for those not participating in the tournament and use 4 for the rounds. That way you could accomodate 32 players with 16 of them being at the tables at one time and 16 the next time, completing the round in two sessions. It would have the added feature of automatically inserting breaks between rounds so there would be time to consume some adult libations and food and time to eliminate all that beer you'll be renting.

In any case, I know you'll all have a great time. Wish I was going.

Tom_In_Cincy
08-31-2004, 04:58 PM
Dave, I know you will be there in spirit. Thanks again for all your efforts.

You will be missed this year.

Now I know there won't be any bad weather, Dave's not going to be there... LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Harold Acosta
08-31-2004, 05:09 PM
Excellent news Wendy. The next thing is to get some coverage by Billiards Digest. Wouldn't that be great?

<font color="blue">Billiards: A passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/animated-stars.gif

cueball1950
08-31-2004, 06:23 PM
I agree with Harold on billiards digest recognizing us. But what the hey. For 3 years now they have ignored us......mike

dg-in-centralpa
08-31-2004, 07:44 PM
Damn you guys are making me jealous. I can't make it this year, hopefully next. It sounds like a great party.

DG - good luck to all!

Kato
08-31-2004, 08:16 PM
Amazing party Duane. Try to make it next year. You'll have a blast.

Kato

Chris Cass
08-31-2004, 09:51 PM
Yaa, What he said. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
08-31-2004, 09:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Harold Acosta:</font><hr> Excellent news Wendy. The next thing is to get some coverage by Billiards Digest. Wouldn't that be great?

<font color="blue">Billiards: A passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/animated-stars.gif <hr /></blockquote>

The next thing would be to get you down to the Open Harold. Someone has to represent the PR contingent.

Regards,

C.C.~~likes my wifes calender. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

RedHell
08-31-2004, 10:00 PM
Even as a foreigner, I truly believe that a moment of silence is the least we can do...

Ironicly, we (from Quebec) are related to the sad 9/11 events. On sept. 11th, Quebec was holding a sort trade show to sell the beauty of our city to New Yorkers, luckily, the Quebec contingent we're still on there way to the world trade when the planes hit, so we didn't suffer any loss.

I can clearly remember when it happend and the saddeness that filled my heart when I heard of all the human life that were wasted for nothing...

CarolNYC
09-01-2004, 03:03 AM
Thats awesome,Wendy!!!!
Ya know,you guys really made this into a very "special" event! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
What a wonderful job well done!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Voodoo Daddy
09-01-2004, 04:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>We're going to be playing in the Green Room. That's the room immediately to the right of Q-Masters when you walk in. We'll have six tables and we'll have the room all day and night. Remember that they are lending us this room so we should show our appreciation to they're staff. Hint Hint!

Love always,
Wendy <hr /></blockquote>

Wendy...have a doorman remove all calculators before entering the Green Room /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Voodoo~~~couldnt resist

Harold Acosta
09-01-2004, 04:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> The next thing would be to get you down to the Open Harold. Someone has to represent the PR contingent.

Regards,

C.C.~~likes my wifes calender. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Guess you're right Chris, it's been 5 years since my last visit to the Open (1999) and I would love to be there; meet you and have a great time with all the CCB'ers.

I'll be checking the Open website for all the results, so I hope we are kept up to date.

Have a great time everyone!

http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/animated-stars.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
09-01-2004, 06:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> I agree with Harold on billiards digest recognizing us. But what the hey. For 3 years now they have ignored us......mike <hr /></blockquote>

LOL

Isn't it ironic? The CCB II got written up in Inside Pool /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Where's George Fels? I think he has some pull at the home office /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

9 Ball Girl
09-01-2004, 07:10 AM
Sounds good Dave. In all actuality, I would probably say that from looking at the names on the list, there will definitely be 19 people playing, not including the alternates. Of course, I don't know how many from that list contacted Rich for name tags but I haven't heard Yay or Nay from some on that list. We'll just have to work it out! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
09-01-2004, 07:25 AM
I can understand you guys wanting a moment of silence. That's cool. But count me out. I'm from NY, I work 6 blocks away from where it all happened, I'm reminded everyday that I come into work of my 2 friends that I lost there, of all the security that's been around since then, all the memories that're still lingering around, and everytime I type September 11 everytime I mentioned the tourney (noticed I never typed 9.11 because that seems to be the trademark for it). I groaned when I realized that our tourney would be on that day as soon as Barry Behrman mentioned the new dates for the 2004 Open.

Really, I have no problem with you guys having it, but going to VA is a happy time for me, especially when we get together for our tourney, and I don't really want to get sad during that time 'cause once I start to really think about it, I can't stop. I know it's on the 11th and I'll never forget what happened then.

No hard feelings. Just that I'd rather not. So I'll probably walk away at that moment or someone let me know at what time you're all going to do it so that I can walk outside or something 'cause the last thing I need is to start blubbering in front of all of you. That would make me such a girl.

Wendy~~~will never forget 3 years ago. just trying to move on. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Barbara
09-01-2004, 07:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr>
Wendy...have a doorman remove all calculators before entering the Green Room /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Voodoo~~~couldnt resist <hr /></blockquote>

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

You're too f-ing funny!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nope! I'm just walking in with my preferred weapon of choice - My Szamboti!!!

Barbara

Chris Cass
09-01-2004, 07:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>
LOL

Isn't it ironic? The CCB II got written up in Inside Pool /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif<hr /></blockquote>

Nope,

I've said all along that Inside Pool is all about us amatures. Sally and staff has always been there for all of us. That mag is what the industry has needed for a longtime coming. I knew it when I saw it for the first time in Vegas. They had some pretty lil thing selling scrips like it was nobodys business. Heck, if I didn't have Heide with me I would have probably bought a million of them. LOL That mag covers it all, the rec player to the pro events we like to read about. great pics and great articles. They've got the staff of writers we like and heck, they're the Red, White and Blue of what this sport is all about. IMHO Not trying to down our BD mag but just pointing something out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Regards,

C.C.

9 Ball Girl
09-01-2004, 07:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Isn't it ironic? The CCB II got written up in Inside Pool <hr /></blockquote>

Yes! And here we are:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p45042c5d3f37e748955207873f61bd63/f730a890.jpg

Rich R.
09-01-2004, 08:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>Of course, I don't know how many from that list contacted Rich for name tags but I haven't heard Yay or Nay from some on that list. <hr /></blockquote>
Off the top of my head, I believe I have received name tag information from everyone on the list, except Ken. However, there are a couple who mentioned that they were questionable, for various reasons. I guess we will not know exactly who will be there, until Saturday morning.

I have also noticed that Ken has not posted recently.
I believe this is Ken from Ct.

Does anyone have any contact with him? If he can't make it to the tournament, that is fine. Ken is a nice guy and I'm hoping that he is alright.

Eric.
09-01-2004, 10:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Nope! I'm just walking in with my preferred weapon of choice - My Szamboti!!!

Barbara
<hr /></blockquote>

In this post 9/11 era it should be noted that there will be certain security measures regarding weapons:

Each participant of the CCB Open will have an official CCB name tag. Driver's licenses, birth certificates and "who you know" will not be acceptable.

Each person will be asked to remove their shoes, for inspection (although some may be asked to keep them on).

Pool cues are considered prohibited weapons, therefore all cues will be confiscated by Eric and only Meuccis will be returned to the owner. In lieu of Pool cues, you will be given a styrofoam "swimmy thing" to use.

All parcels, packages (&amp; cute women) are subject to search.

Eric &gt;FBI, CIA, NSA, AEIOU

9 Ball Girl
09-01-2004, 10:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Harold Acosta:</font><hr> Excellent news Wendy. The next thing is to get some coverage by Billiards Digest. Wouldn't that be great?<hr /></blockquote><font color="brown">Yeah! Maybe I should harass my pal Mike G. Hey Mike, you out there?</font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cueball1950
09-01-2004, 12:21 PM
Post deleted by cueball1950

Wally_in_Cincy
09-01-2004, 12:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> hey wally, i actually sent billiards digest an email asking if they would like to donate a subscription to our prize fund and i never got a reply. <hr /></blockquote>

Makes you shake your head /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> ...what does that say about them recognizing us.......................mike <hr /></blockquote>

Maybe they don't give this board any publicity because they don't want any more traffic here because it may become too difficult to moderate. After all, the advertising they sell here probably barely pays for the administration of the site.

9 Ball Girl
09-01-2004, 12:39 PM
Well, after Barry acknowledges us at the Open right before the finals, maybe we'll get some more traffickers?

One more thing I forgot to add to my original post, when I spoke to Barry yesterday he also told me that when he mentions us that Sunday, he's going to say something about that's what pool is all about. Either he'll say it then or it's in the program. I can't remember which.

Deeman2
09-01-2004, 03:25 PM
Good Luck to all of you who travel to the Open. May you arrive safe, have a great time and make it back home in good shape.

Deeman

cueball1950
09-01-2004, 03:32 PM
Hi wally.... you are probably right in your thinking so i have there fore deleted my previous post about billiards digest not recognizing us. after all. if it were not for them putting this board together we would all not have the chance to meet and greet and have fun. Another time i opened my mouth without thinking, boy i must be getting old..So Mike P. from billiards digest.i .apologize....see you all in virginia.....mike

Stretch
09-01-2004, 04:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> I agree with Harold on billiards digest recognizing us. But what the hey. For 3 years now they have ignored us......mike <hr /></blockquote>

LOL

Isn't it ironic? The CCB II got written up in Inside Pool /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Where's George Fels? I think he has some pull at the home office /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

We at the CCB have been on "the back page" since day one Wally. But at the end of the day, it's just for us, and any other pool nut that wants to share, learn, discuss, argue, play, buy, sell, or just shoot the breeze. Our passion for the sport and it's "culture" is what has kept us alive and thriving. IMO nothing BD, or Barry, or anyone else can do would ever change that. Of course Barry see's the value in cultavating ties with us, and i for one see nothing wrong with that......He's in a position to further our experience of the game we all love, and we're in a position to be the ultimate player's/fans/consumers that make the wheels of the sport turn. This is grass roots stuff, it's organic! From caos arrose expertize in virtually every field. With the tallent, hard work, and volenteering of many fine members here we've made what we all have wanted all along. A network of great and interesting people who love pool, and make special momments happen! St ~~A Barry fan now~~

Jimmy B
09-01-2004, 06:49 PM
You'll all miss me this year.

JB

Chris Cass
09-02-2004, 07:47 AM
Hi Wendy,

You truely can't keep a secret, can you? LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~knows the surprize now. hahahaha

Rich R.
09-02-2004, 07:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> You'll all miss me this year.

JB <hr /></blockquote>
Yes we will. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

9 Ball Girl
09-02-2004, 09:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> You'll all miss me this year.

JB <hr /></blockquote>I'm gonna miss my pookie wookie.

9 Ball Girl
09-02-2004, 09:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Wendy,

You truely can't keep a secret, can you? LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~knows the surprize now. hahahaha <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">Which one??? I have several. But the mother of all surprises is a real shocker I tell ya!</font color>

Rich R.
09-02-2004, 10:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> <font color="blue">Which one??? I have several. But the mother of all surprises is a real shocker I tell ya!</font color> <hr /></blockquote>
I think I may know one of the secrets, or maybe a new secret. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I'm waiting for confirmation. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This secret is safe with me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Kato
09-02-2004, 10:01 PM
Wendy, are you any good at keeping secrets? I know a secret.

Kato

Chris Cass
09-02-2004, 10:52 PM
I know you'd better get out of Fla soon or you might get caught up in there and can't, RJ. I'm very worried about you and Steve. Especially you! I heard your right where the worst is coming. You better take care of yourself first and do what you need to do. I'm very upset about this hurricane stuff. I don't want to lose any of my friends down there if at all possible.

Regards,

C.C.

Kato
09-02-2004, 11:15 PM
Not to worry Cassman. I'm not going to get the worst of it. Believe me, I'm not thrilled about this whole thing either.

Kato~~~leaving early Wednesday morning as planned.

Chris Cass
09-02-2004, 11:25 PM
Kato,

Dude, you forget I'm married to the wheather girl that studied under Neil Caster of News Channel 8, in the QCA. Not to mention her Dad was a commercial pilot at one time. If she says your in big trouble? You are. I have to worry about you Pizza.

C.C.

Kato
09-03-2004, 08:56 AM
So I have to be worried when a weatherman from the Quad Cities tells me I'm in trouble? I'd be more concerned if she told me I was in trouble from a tornado /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Seriously though, I'm being careful and will be online until the power says otherwise.

Kato~~~just got done walking the dog and there is a family swimming in the pool /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

9 Ball Girl
09-03-2004, 08:59 AM
Babe, I'm real good at keeping secrets. Unless, of course, I stare into those baby blues of yours. Teehee.

Hey! You and your crew be careful down there. I just saw this morning that Frances is slowing down and that even on Wednesday it'll still be hanging around Jacksonville.

Love ya.

Chris Cass
09-03-2004, 10:29 AM
Ok, I just don't understand how you could be so calm. I'll take your word for it because I don't have a clue. See you at the Open and hoping to shake that hand once more.

Regards,

C.C.

Kato
09-03-2004, 04:19 PM
It's like shooting the case 9 Cassman. Experience. I've been asleep most of the day /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~got phone calls from Lorri and Carol this morning and certainly appreciate.

dmgwalsh
09-03-2004, 04:48 PM
Hope all you guys have a great time at the open. Sounds like a blast.