PDA

View Full Version : 22-0

Tom_In_Cincy
08-31-2004, 11:31 PM
I was watching sports center tonite and saw what the Cleveland Indiands did to the Yankees in the house that Ruth built.

Omar Vizquel got six hits to tie the American League record for a nine-inning game and the Cleveland Indians routed New York 22-0 Tuesday night in the largest loss in the 101-year history of the Yankees.

I was smiling during the entire report.

12-0 in the first 4 innings. TWO 6 run innings.

-------------- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E

Cleveland-->3 3 3 0 6 1 0 0 6 22 22 1

NY Yankees--> 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 5 0

Cueless Joey
08-31-2004, 11:37 PM
Gives the Red Sox some hope.
Sox will probably win the wild card but that c word haunts them.

nAz
09-01-2004, 04:42 AM
Ya i could not believe my eyes when i saw the score board, their pitching staff is really inconsistent this season.

dg-in-centralpa
09-01-2004, 05:58 AM
I'm not a Yankee fan, but don't count them out yet. They will find a way to win and avenge their loss in the world series last year.

DG - an Orioles fan

catscradle
09-01-2004, 06:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> ... but that c word haunts them. <hr /></blockquote>

Celtics???? (From pride to disgrace)
Canolies???? (Fat people can play baseball)
Cancer???? (they support the Jimmy Fund)
Colonoscopy???? (hated mine)

If you mean "curse", there is no such thing, just ineptitude.

eg8r
09-01-2004, 06:17 AM
Tom, you beat me to it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I was too tired to post last night. What an awful game. I wonder if they have hit rock bottom yet?

eg8r

Voodoo Daddy
09-01-2004, 06:52 AM
All that says is that anyone can win on any day. Anyone except the RedSox of course. I will always be a NY sports fan but respect the Bruins, Pat's and the Celtics a great deal...just not the SOX.

Voodoo~~~hates the Philly teams too but that a WHOLE other story all together!!

catscradle
09-01-2004, 07:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> All that says is that anyone can win on any day. Anyone except the RedSox of course. I will always be a NY sports fan but respect the Bruins, Pat's and the Celtics a great deal...just not the SOX.

Voodoo~~~hates the Philly teams too but that a WHOLE other story all together!! <hr /></blockquote>

Ahhh, if you were a Celtics fan growing up with your ear glued to the transistor radio because they weren't broadcast on TV yet, you could not respect the current Boston Celtics.
The Bruins deserve respect. The Pats, well their current crop is pretty good, but they've got to get a few more years under their belt to deserve respect.

The Red Sox deserve as much respect as the Yankees do which is, IMO, not much. All either of them prove is that you can buy a winning team, and Steinberner (sp???) is a little better at it than the Red Sox because he has bottomless pockets.

Of course all professional atheletes are just well paid whores IMO. Some of them seem to care about their "Johns", but they're still whores.

Voodoo Daddy
09-01-2004, 07:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote catscradle:</font><hr> Ahhh, if you were a Celtics fan growing up with your ear glued to the transistor radio because they weren't broadcast on TV yet, you could not respect the current Boston Celtics.

I guess being born in '64 nulifys that but I like them just the same

The Bruins deserve respect.

Just recently I started watching Hockey &lt;My girl is a die-hard Bruins fan&gt;...great history they have no doubt!

The Pats, well their current crop is pretty good, but they've got to get a few more years under their belt to deserve respect.

Football is like that...as long as they whoop the Dolphins twice a year they are great as far as I'm concerned

The Red Sox deserve as much respect as the Yankees do which is, IMO, not much. All either of them prove is that you can buy a winning team, and Steinberner (sp???) is a little better at it than the Red Sox because he has bottomless pockets.

Here comes the difference of opinion. The Yankees won MANY MANY World Series without George Steinbrenner. In those days before his ownership, the Yankees were MUCH better than any other team in MLB!! But if my team wasnt winning like they should I'd be pointing fingers at Steinbrener's bankroll and saying "SEE, he bought that ring!!".

Of course all professional atheletes are just well paid whores IMO. Some of them seem to care about their "Johns", but they're still whores.
<hr /></blockquote>

Yes...they are whores, my favorite whores play in pinstrips /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Voodoo~~~just speakin' my mind a 'lil

catscradle
09-01-2004, 08:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote catscradle:</font><hr>
I guess being born in '64 nulifys that but I like them just the same

The self-same year I graduated from high school. I'm going to my 40th high school reunion in just a few weeks. I think my former classmates got old, but <font color="blue">I'm still young. </font color> . /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

Voodoo Daddy
09-01-2004, 09:52 AM
I'll buy you some beers at Jillians &lt;Right behind Fenway, next to the cab station&gt; next time I'm up that way. Look for a GIANT wearing a Yankee ball cap

Voodoo~~~thinks catscradle is ok /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif he can stay, HAHAHAHA

catscradle
09-01-2004, 04:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> I'll buy you some beers at Jillians &lt;Right behind Fenway, next to the cab station&gt; next time I'm up that way. Look for a GIANT wearing a Yankee ball cap

Voodoo~~~thinks catscradle is ok /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif he can stay, HAHAHAHA <hr /></blockquote>

Why thank you Voodoo, I'll unpack my bags. If you get to Boston area I'll take you up on playing some pool, though I'll have to forego the beer for a soda water with a twist of lime. Much to the relief of the world at large, I quit drinking many years ago. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif