PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Pool Movie

9 Ball Girl
09-01-2004, 07:50 AM
Up Against The 8 (http://www.upagainstthe8ball.com/film.cfm)

And it's about women this time! Check out the photo gallery too.

Read The Press Release on AZB (http://www.azbilliards.com/2000pressrelease.cfm?id=318)

I wonder who the technical advisor, if any, was???

Wendy~~~my collection is growing!

woody_968
09-01-2004, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the heads up Wendy, Ill have to check it out.

Tom_In_Cincy
09-01-2004, 09:51 AM
Direct to DVD.
I went to the website and it looks like a comedy/pool flick. Much like Pool Hall Junkies (but I don't thing PHJ was made to be a comedy, but I laughed just the same)

nAz
09-01-2004, 11:29 AM
sounds boring /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
"this is one of the few R-rated films where you will hear the word education more throughout the script than curse words."

cuechick
09-01-2004, 04:11 PM
Did you look at the trailer? I can't since it's not in Quicktime format. It just looks to me, like an excuse to get women too bend over.

Like we need an excuse! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

woody_968
09-01-2004, 04:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cuechick:</font><hr> It just looks to me, like an excuse to get women too bend over.

Like we need an excuse! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Thats enough of a reason for me to get it /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I did see the trailer, dont know that it looks great but Im sure Ill order it to put into my pool collection.

9 Ball Girl
09-02-2004, 09:41 AM
I saw the trailer this morning. It's a pool movie and I'm still going to add it to my collection, but you're right, it looks like your typical "Baby Got Back!" movie with pool for the plot.

bobroberts
09-03-2004, 04:56 PM
boy does that look bad.I wouldn't waste my time watching it.
Bob

Rod
09-03-2004, 05:23 PM
I with you, bad is light description. It's not about pool, just a script where they used pool for an excuse. It could have been tiddley winks an had the same effect. LOL

Barbara
09-03-2004, 05:57 PM
Rod,

I just got a book in the mail that's being sent out to all the RTCs for a promo type thing, but that's a diff story.

Anyway, I started reading this book called "Stroke" and immediately got turned off, but I'll continue to read it.

It starts with a former promising female golfer that has a career-ending injury. Her Dad passes away unexpectedly and she has to take over the family biz. BTW, no Mom in the pic from a previous divorce.

So this girl turns to playing pool from her past times with her dad to trying to make it a thing in her life to just get on with something. And guess who she turns to? The local hustler. The setting is in Texas around the Gulf Coast. She meets with him at various bars and he shows her how he hustles for money.

I've stopped reading the book so far. This kind of portrayment of how one learns to play pool and get into the competitive level really turns me off. It's negative to me. I could be wrong that it could take a positive note in a budding pool player's life, I just won't know until I get back to reading it. But right now, it just doesn't ring a note with m or how a pool player could go through the ladder to get up there.

Barbara

Rod
09-03-2004, 06:29 PM
Barbara,

If it was a man it's believable enough, depending on how it's written. Problem is finding an author that keeps your interest. Your a brave sole, let us know if it actually turns out to be good.

Rod

PQQLK9
09-03-2004, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the link Wendy. I will go to see it and buy the DVD.
I sent the link to my daughter who is a senior at a HBCU (Florida A&amp;M).
It can't be worst than Anchorman /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.IMO the worst movie ever made.