PDA

View Full Version : My Omen cue....in progress

haywood
09-01-2004, 11:54 AM
I got a couple of pictures from Pete Ohman showing the progress on my cue and thought I'd share. After trying for about a week to get all the bugs out of uploading, hosting, and linking a picture, and some help from SPetty, I think I have finally gotten it right. Pic 1 shows the forearm still in the lathe with the minor points already set and shows the v-grooves for the major points. Shown in pic 2 is the forearm of my new cue just about done. It's 8 ebony points with white/blue/black veneers into a cored Amboyna Burl front. When finished, it will have a few inlays in the points. If you guys are interested, I'll post future pictures as well on this thread showing progress through completion as the pictures become available. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif
http://members.aol.com/travtritt2/images/2.jpg
http://members.aol.com/travtritt2/images/1.jpg

woody_968
09-01-2004, 12:57 PM
Wow, looks great! Im happy for ya man, I bet your wigglin in your chair waiting for that cue /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

yegon
09-01-2004, 01:38 PM
well I do not know if I am a bit slow but where are the pictures?

SPetty
09-01-2004, 02:23 PM
Um, the pictures are right there in his post. If you have a slow connection, give it a minute for the pics to come up.

haywood
09-01-2004, 02:54 PM
wigglin' isn't the word for it....I knew that it was gonna be slick lookin, but what I have seen so far really exceeds my expectations. I've been like a kid in a candy store since I got these pics /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

yegon
09-01-2004, 03:10 PM
I am on a T3 line /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

there seems to be a problem accessing the members.aol.com server where the pictures are stored

guess it is an issue of interprovider connectivity. As there is nothing we can do about it I will have to go to sleep without the pictures /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

woody_968
09-01-2004, 03:14 PM
Once ya get it we will have to make arrangements to finally meet so I can check out your new cue /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

haywood
09-01-2004, 05:44 PM
Sounds good Woody...it's slated to be completed sometime in November, but it could be earlier. I'll let you know.

Barbara
09-01-2004, 06:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote haywood:</font><hr> Sounds good Woody...it's slated to be completed sometime in November, but it could be earlier. I'll let you know. <hr /></blockquote>

You should never, ever rush a full-splice cue. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara

1on1pooltourneys
09-01-2004, 10:20 PM
I play with and omen. One of the first one's Pete ever made. He makes one hell of a cuestick. I love mine and so does Woody whenever i'm running out on him with it.:) I recently contacted Pete down and Melbourne to see about refinishing my cue and making me a new shaft (since i didn't get my extra shaft back after my cuestick got stolen.) He is very reasonable and flexible with prices:)

tateuts
09-01-2004, 10:51 PM
That's going to be a truly spectacular cue. I love burl forearms. The veneers will really set off the points. You won't get bored looking at this one.

Chris

highsea
09-02-2004, 05:02 AM
Wow, that's very sporty! I do like Omen cues. Man, I'm jealous. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-CM~~~trying to think of what I can give up so I can afford one too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

woody_968
09-02-2004, 08:06 AM
1on1 has an awsome cue, but I must say it looks best when its laying on the table while he racks for me /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

(that just doesnt happen often enough /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif)

haywood
09-02-2004, 08:34 PM
Depending on what I finally decide for a butt design on this one, I may end up having to auction off my house to pay for it all!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif As it stands right now, it's slated for 4 ivory diamond inlays in the major points, and 4 ivory dots in the minors. I have a design that I really like for the butt, however it would involve 4 oval burl windows and 12 more ivory diamonds. That's still up in the air though. I'm already gonna have smoke coming off of my ATM card when I go to pay for it!!!!