PDA

View Full Version : The Lord Nelson - By Vitalie - fair price ?

rogerb
09-01-2004, 05:10 PM
I have the opportunity to purchase this table in person at an estate auction Saturday. They are estimating the price when all is said and done to be 3-5K, I can not find what this table retails for new or used, this one is in like new condition, any feedback would be very helpful as to a fair price.
thanks !

Wally_in_Cincy
09-02-2004, 06:38 AM
http://www.intermountainbilliard.com/pool4.htm

scroll down to see the lord nelson and the phone number

am i the only person that knows how to use a search engine ? geez

Deeman2
09-02-2004, 07:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>

am i the only person that knows how to use a search engine ? geez <hr /></blockquote>

No, but you it so well. Most of us could not find a badly wounded elephant in six feet of fresh snow!

I played on a Lord Nelson in a private club in Germany a few years back. I have to say, that table was a pure pleasure to play on and, despite my love for a Gold Crown and others, it played like pool tables are supposed to play. It may have just have been that one table but from the quality I saw in the craftmanship, I believe not.

Invite me to play on it if you buy it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Deeman

rogerb
09-04-2004, 06:19 AM
Thanks, I called Vitale mfg, they won't give out prices, I called the link provided and could not get through, but I was able to contact a dealer in NYC. The table retails for 13K, it has a starting bid of only 1500.00, all the pockets are loose and it needs cloth. This auction is an estate of a famous publisher, most bidders are out of town and there for antiques and art , so i'm hoping that they are not prepared to have something like this moved and maybe (right !) I can walk away with this at a very low price. I guess i'll find out tonight.
p.s. deeman your request may not be that far off, I am moving to Round Rock, TX in October !

Wally_in_Cincy
09-04-2004, 08:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rogerb:</font><hr> ...The table retails for 13K, it has a starting bid of only 1500.00.....<hr /></blockquote>

If they did not do the research they probably don't know what the value is. Like you were saying, they probably have more knowledge of art than pool tables /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Good luck.

Barbara
09-04-2004, 08:46 AM
rogerb,

When people buy tables worth that much, they usually don't buy a Valley house cue to play with. You might want to peruse the "house cues" too.

Barbara

rogerb
09-04-2004, 09:35 AM
I checked the cues, 5 house type and one no name 2 piece (at least thats what going with it, who's to say there were not more at one time), but the table also includes a nice light.

Rod
09-04-2004, 01:05 PM
I hope you get that table, good luck. Deals don't come around that often.

rogerb
09-05-2004, 10:34 AM
It went for 3200 , but the bidder had spent well over 200K on ther items through out the night and I'm sure he would have gone higher, I just did not want to go that high (plus the 10% buyers premium) . Partly because i'm moving from NY to TX in 30 days and because not being an expert there was always the chance the table may have needed more repair than was obvious to me. If I calculate the cost to get it moved from the auction house to my home , then to TX and then the pocket and cloth repairs and set up I'm in the range of a new Diamond or Olhausen so I will just do a new purchase in Texas.

Barbara
09-05-2004, 11:29 AM
Wow! That guy got one helluva deal!! Even if it needs $1000 worth of work, it's still a bargain!

Thanks for the update!

Barbara