PDA

View Full Version : 14.1 Straight Pool

9B_StraightPool
09-02-2004, 02:09 AM
Hi Everyone!!!

This is the first or second time that I have ever posted anything in the Cue Chalk Board. I just want everyone to know that when I played Naz the other night, he not only ran 37 and out on me but he did it with no effort at all.

There have been very few times in my career that someone that just started to play straight pool did what Naz did against me. He showed heart, determination, was very poised, never panicked but most of all, he never gave up. Naz I commend you on your new high run and am looking forward to seeing nothing but great things from you and everyone else in the CCB.

P.S. I am almost never online because I am out most of the time. So if anyone wants to get in touch with me, please do not get offended if I do not respond right away. Thanks so much for your time and God Bless.

Tony Robles

CarolNYC
09-02-2004, 03:24 AM
Hi Tony,
Naz pm"d me that he would be playing you and,in not the exact words, I told him thats a good thing and that you'd probably help him along the way!:):):)
Voila! Here lies the inspiration!
love you, /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol

highsea
09-02-2004, 04:30 AM
Tony, I think you are a real gentleman for saying that. Also, thanks for dogging the game so nAz could win. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lol, j/k nAz, way to go man, you're my new CCB hero! You're gonna have to give CC some weight now, hahaha. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

-CM~~~wish I could be there for that matchup. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

RedHell
09-02-2004, 06:40 AM
Well Tony,

Welcome to the CCB !!! The fact that you took time to come here and give credit to nAz for his performance is defetily proof that you belong with our group, where respect, friendlyness and joie de vivre are required qualities.

I hope that, thru all your travel, you find the time to come more often and participate in our discussion.

I now have another player to cheer for at the Open !

Wally_in_Cincy
09-02-2004, 06:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9B_StraightPool:</font><hr> ...He showed heart, determination, was very poised, never panicked but most of all, he never gave up.....<hr /></blockquote>

He probably just got the rolls /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Don't make his fat head any bigger than it is. Geeez.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally &lt;~~ Tony Robles fan

Rich R.
09-02-2004, 07:39 AM
Tony, your a class act.

Please join us again. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
09-02-2004, 07:42 AM
Tony,

You are such a class player. After meeting you only the one time in VF. I can honestly say, your such a credit to this sport. We are honored to say the least to have you as part of what I call, the new age of pool.

You are the man. Good luck in the Open if your playing this yr. I think you can take it off. If you do play, you'll see one fan sitting there in the stands just waiting to congratulate you.

Regards,

C.C.~~2nd post for you btw. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PQQLK9
09-02-2004, 07:53 AM
Well,good for nAz. Thanks for dropping by Tony.
You are a class act my friend.

woody_968
09-02-2004, 08:03 AM
Nice post Tony, hope to see you drop in from time to time.

Scott Lee
09-02-2004, 08:04 AM
Tony...Great to see you posting here! I hear nothing but good things about your teaching. Hopefully we can swap teaching methods sometime and chew the fat! Good luck with the Open!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com (http://www.poolknowledge.com)

9 Ball Girl
09-02-2004, 08:26 AM
Hola Seņor Asesino Silencioso! Nice to see you here. nAz had told me that he was going to play you next and I wished him good luck after which he said he didn't need it, just kidding, but that he was looking forward to it. Very nice words from you and I hope to see you more often on here, time permitting of course! Say hello to Little J and Dad for me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

See you on Monday. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SPetty
09-02-2004, 10:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> If you do play, you'll see one fan sitting there in the stands just waiting to congratulate you.<hr /></blockquote>Just a hunch, but I bet he sees more than one fan sitting there! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thanks for the post Tony. Class act all the way. I see your name is on the players list for the U.S. Open. See you there!

Chris Cass
09-02-2004, 11:06 AM
Well,

You know what I mean. LOL Got me SPetty.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif,

C.C.

nAz
09-02-2004, 11:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9B_StraightPool:</font><hr> Hi Everyone!!!

This is the first or second time that I have ever posted anything in the Cue Chalk Board. I just want everyone to know that when I played Naz the other night, he not only ran 37 and out on me but he did it with no effort at all.

There have been very few times in my career that someone that just started to play straight pool did what Naz did against me. He showed heart, determination, was very poised, never panicked but most of all, he never gave up. Naz I commend you on your new high run and am looking forward to seeing nothing but great things from you and everyone else in the CCB.

P.S. I am almost never online because I am out most of the time. So if anyone wants to get in touch with me, please do not get offended if I do not respond right away. Thanks so much for your time and God Bless.

Tony Robles <hr /></blockquote>

Thank you dude that means a lot to me coming from you /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Good luck next week, i hope the next time i see you you will be a U.S. Open Champion!

BTW i hope to see you posting often here everyone will love to read your insights and suggestions, you are always welcome here.

shoutout33
09-02-2004, 12:59 PM
I cannot believe what I am witnessing here...Tony Robles!?!? I mean THE Tony Robles that was on the last cover of Billiard Digest, posing like he was on the cover of GQ Tony Robles?!? And you all just happen to know each other like that huh? LOL! (just kidding all...) Way to go nAz, I mean what else can I say. Hey, Tony is with that Amsterdamn pool hall in New York right?

9 Ball Girl
09-02-2004, 01:04 PM
Yes he is with Amsterdam Pool Hall but he was hot cocoa way before that.

Wendy~~~private joke...

Rod
09-02-2004, 01:53 PM
Good post Tony, your a class guy. Good luck in VA.

Rod

dg-in-centralpa
09-02-2004, 02:32 PM
Great post Tony! Good luck next week. Unfortunately I can't make it, but did get to see you shoot at VF this year. I loved your smooth stroke. Now its' time to unseat Archer at that tourney.

DG

Eric.
09-03-2004, 08:59 AM
Yo!

Hey man, glad you stopped by! (it ain't so bad here)

BTW, a bunch of us are going for dinner 5.00 Fri. in Chesapeake. If you don't have a match at that time, you should grab a bite with us.

Eric