PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant

Wally_in_Cincy
09-02-2004, 06:24 AM
Looks like they droppped the charges. Good.

Adultery is a very bad thing but it's not illegal. Gold-digging slut /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Maybe this will teach him not to run around the country like a damn rabbit poking everything in sight.

RedHell
09-02-2004, 07:17 AM
From what I heard, they broke her. Wasn't it recently that her name was published. She wouldn't be digging in this case as this is a criminal trial, she will be tho, because from what they said on the news there is still a civil case against him.

The thing I always wondered in those case is, did they deal the criminal charges out, promessing a hefty pay check for the civil case !

In any case, I think it would have been better for Bryant to go thru the trial if he's innocent. A doubt could always remain in the mind of the public !

Cueless Joey
09-02-2004, 12:02 PM
I think the DA was after making a name for himself and it backfired right to his face.
I bet the dumbo didn't even know she had a different DNA on her undie.
How stupid can this man be? She finished her shift, counted the money on her tilt. Went home and someone else calls 911 the morning after? Did he ever check out her background?
She had no case.

dg-in-centralpa
09-02-2004, 02:08 PM
What are your thoughts on the civil suit? I think that will be settled out of court.

DG

Vapros
09-02-2004, 04:45 PM
I'm pretty sure the deal is already made. Bryant all but said so today in his statement. The civil suit will never go to trial. Kobe will need to watch his back as he travels around the country with the Lakers. There will be a lot of unhappy people about the disposition of this criminal charge.

JPB
09-02-2004, 08:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote RedHell:</font><hr>

The thing I always wondered in those case is, did they deal the criminal charges out, promessing a hefty pay check for the civil case !

In any case, I think it would have been better for Bryant to go thru the trial if he's innocent. A doubt could always remain in the mind of the public ! <hr /></blockquote>

As to part one: No. Dealing the crime for money is not allowed and you would have disbarred lawyers and a lot of problems. Now that the criminal case is over they might pay her on the civil case, but it is very very very unlikely there was any deal worked out ahead of time.

As to the second thing: Put down the crack pipe. I don't care if he was totally innocent, he had a chance of losing that trial. Sure, the defense would probably win, but if he lost his life is over. He would have been sent to prison to do hard time. He would lose his family and career. You have to be crazy to go to trial to get some stupid marginal improvement in your popularity rating. In fact, I bet about the same percentage of people would think he's guilty no matter the outcome. And in a rape trial with twelve jurors off the street, anything can happen. Anything. You don't go in to a major felony trial, particularly a rape, with the pipe dream of proving your innocence to the public, you go in with the hope of coming out OK and getting 12 people to not be totally convinced of your guilt. And don't think Kobe wasn't worried. You can't be in that spot and not have it really stress you out.

nhp
09-03-2004, 04:09 AM
This is what I think happened: Kobe was a dead duck in the criminal case, so I think both parties made an agreement that if Kobe wrote an apology (which he did) that they could get the case thrown out and go straight to the civil trial, in which they will probably settle for a very large sum of money.

I don't understand how Kobe could even think of sleeping another woman being how absoloutely GORGEOUS his wife is. I guess when you have alot of money you feel like you can do anything and get away with it.

I am pretty sure this girl lied about him raping her. They already found out that she had sex with quite a few other guys shortly before Kobe. So if she likes to have sex alot, of course she would want to sleep with a young super-millionaire basketball star.

Ross
09-03-2004, 09:41 AM
It always amazes me how people "know" whether she is a gold-digger or a victim, based on very little information leaked by the press, a lot of it put out there by prosecution lawyers.

For example someone said she was dumb because she had other DNA on her underwear that proved blah blah. Well, some of the experts who examined that DNA said that based on its composition it was very likely old and could have come from a sexual encounter several days prior which she doesn't deny. So we don't know what it proves. Also there was blood on Kobe's clothes after the encounter. I don't know about your sex life, but that is not the usual state of "affairs" for most people. So there is at least as much evidence against Kobe as for him. Bottom line, only they know for sure what happened.

Also some talk about the woman like she is a no good slut for having sex with more than one partner but Kobe just showed "bad judgement" for the same thing even though he was cheating on his wife and she was single. Double standard.

My point is - none of us know what really happened, so why going around trashing the woman? Same with Kobe - innocent until proven guilty.

Wally_in_Cincy
09-03-2004, 10:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr> ...why going around trashing the woman? <hr /></blockquote>

because I felt like it /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

cheesemouse
09-03-2004, 11:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr> It always amazes me how people "know" whether she is a gold-digger or a victim, based on very little information leaked by the press, a lot of it put out there by prosecution lawyers.

For example someone said she was dumb because she had other DNA on her underwear that proved blah blah. Well, some of the experts who examined that DNA said that based on its composition it was very likely old and could have come from a sexual encounter several days prior which she doesn't deny. So we don't know what it proves. Also there was blood on Kobe's clothes after the encounter. I don't know about your sex life, but that is not the usual state of "affairs" for most people. So there is at least as much evidence against Kobe as for him. Bottom line, only they know for sure what happened.

Also some talk about the woman like she is a no good slut for having sex with more than one partner but Kobe just showed "bad judgement" for the same thing even though he was cheating on his wife and she was single. Double standard.

My point is - none of us know what really happened, so why going around trashing the woman? Same with Kobe - innocent until proven guilty. <hr /></blockquote>

Ross,

Aghhhhh...the fresh breeze of the voice of reason...to bad it is lost on the money grubbing media outlets that promote this type of story just to get their numbers up.

I long for the day, anyday, that I will not be forced to waste one minute of my life being inform of another celebrity soiling his/her shorts and that event being the lead story on all the major news network and cable news channels......Cheese......now that is just crazy talk!!!

The best thing about this is that the media will have trouble pumping this worthless story. If I were a big sports star or movie star I would be on my best behavior because there will be about 500 satellite news trucks driving the back roads looking for the next waste of time story...LOL

Rod
09-03-2004, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I long for the day, anyday, that I will not be forced to waste one minute of my life <hr /></blockquote>

Cheese, Why "long"? Your not forced now, I just blow the crap off. Hell I didn't even know who Kobe B was until this story and I still don't care one way or the other.

Is it so different from the election? Same stuff but in a different way. At least we have a vested interest. Not with some guy that dribbles a basketball or plays pool for that matter.

A12
09-09-2004, 11:54 AM
I just wish they didn't make such a big deal out of it.

------------