PDA

View Full Version : Bank Pool Question

Pied Piper
09-03-2004, 05:27 AM
This is a hard one for me to write out clearly. You have a ball frozen to the rail just left or right of a side pocket. You shoot straight at the ball, get the kiss, object ball goes back to the rail, and slow rolls it self to the other pocket ( a beautiful shot when actually done right and called). Is it legal in the game of banks? I was under the impression that the cue can only make contact with the object ball once, some rule in the BCA book I had a while ago. Can any help me out with this question???

crawdaddio
09-03-2004, 06:13 AM
I don't know the sanctioned rule, but everyone I play does not allow kiss or double-kiss or even kick-banks.

DC

Billy
09-03-2004, 07:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Pied Piper:</font><hr> This is a hard one for me to write out clearly. You have a ball frozen to the rail just left or right of a side pocket. You shoot straight at the ball, get the kiss, object ball goes back to the rail, and slow rolls it self to the other pocket ( a beautiful shot when actually done right and called). Is it legal in the game of banks? I was under the impression that the cue can only make contact with the object ball once, some rule in the BCA book I had a while ago. Can any help me out with this question??? <hr /></blockquote>

absolutely can not kiss or kick at a bank,it has to be clean

your shot I believe is a very good one for one pocket but not acceptable when playing banks

jmo

Chris Cass
09-03-2004, 07:15 AM
To the best of my knowledge, no. I also don't know the rule but, I do gamble and that doesn't fly.

Regards,

C.C.~~good question. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
09-03-2004, 11:24 AM
Banks have to be clean. Kiss back shots or any kiss for that matter to my knowledge is not allowed. Of course if both players agree before hand, then that's another matter.

Bob_Jewett
09-03-2004, 12:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Banks have to be clean. Kiss back shots or any kiss for that matter to my knowledge is not allowed. <hr /></blockquote>
That's the way I've always seen it played, but Mike Massey shoots a similar frozen-ball shot that looks legal. The bank is an absolutely sure kiss -- think one pocket bank straight along the foot rail with no cut angle at all. He jacks up, and the cue ball goes off the top of the object ball straight up into the air, the object ball scoots off the rail to the pocket, and the cue ball, with luck, comes back down onto the table. I think this shot is legal at banks, because the cue ball has disappeared into the air before the object ball comes out of the cushion, and no kiss occurs. On the other hand, I can see that with a little less elevation, you might make the shot with a kiss.

Rod
09-03-2004, 12:43 PM
I'd call that legal myself, as you say the o/b is compressed the cushion - c/b goes up -- o/b passes under. I think it's not an illegal shot in banks even without all the elevation. I've shot it many times in the past. Mike just puts more "hollywood" into the shot than necessary. It's his job. Problem is, you'd better be playing someone knowledgeable, or a very experienced ref.

I've never seen anyone shoot it though in banks. The reason I'd imagine is being left that shot is very remote. Most anyone that plays banks might have been left the angle but a lot farther from the o/b. Try and make it from three feet and keep the c/b on the table. lol

Not the same but similar principal is this shot, these balls are frozen.
START(
%Ah0E2%BL7P8%CJ5O4%DL7N1%EM7P1%FK6P1%GK6N8%HM7N8%I L7O4%Ph0D0
%Wf3B7%Xm3G0%YD4Z9%Zf7C9%eB9a7
)END

Shoot the c/b into the rail and it clears the one ball.

Or from about here and clear the one ball. There not quite frozen and it's a gentle nip stroke.
START(
%Aj2E4%BL7P8%CJ5O4%DL7N1%EM7P1%FK6P1%GK6N8%HM7N8%I L7O4%Pj2D0
%Wj0C7%Xm4E3%Y[6[7%Zh8C5%eC4b3
)END