PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Madison Bob to the CCB

woody_968
09-03-2004, 06:33 AM
I just noticed in another thread a post by Bob Griffin, AKA Madison Bob. This is the cue builder that myself and a few others have been talking about. He makes a great cue, runs a pool room, and from what I hear is a great player. I think he will make a fine addition to our boards here.

Hi Bob, some friends and I are still planning to make a trip down to see you. Hope all is going well.

Woody (I am the one that bought your cue from Doc Billiards)

Wally_in_Cincy
09-03-2004, 06:49 AM
Welcome Bob.

Increasing the breadth and depth of knowledge here is a good thing.

Chris Cass
09-03-2004, 06:58 AM
Well,

It's about time Bob. What took you so long? LOL Welcome aboard. I've seen your work and heard of some great things about you. It's always a good thing when your name comes up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hope we keep your interests up. We have many fine cuemakers here. From the Crutch tip spinner to the best of the best. Players alike as you'll undoubtable see. Feel free to toss us a bone once in awhile. Ih, don't worry about people trying to get a discount on your work. We just mainly want to pick your brain mostly. lol

Regards,

C.C.~~aka the Cassman head of the most elite pool detective agencies in the pool world. and resident big mouth. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

MadisonBob
09-03-2004, 03:43 PM
THANKS YOU GUY,S! YOU ALL SURE KNOW HOW TO WELCOME A GUY. AS FOR PICKING MY BRAIN THERS NOT MUCH LEFT BUT FEEL FREE AS FOR WOODY THAT GUY,S GOT A NICE CUE I BUILD HE NEEDS TO POST SOME PICS OF THAT THING YOU ALL WILL LOVE IT HE GOT IT CHEAP TO AGAIN THANKS FOR THE WELCOME www.MADISONBOBS.COM (http://www.MADISONBOBS.COM)

MadisonBob
09-03-2004, 05:16 PM
WALLY I SEE YOUR FROM CINCY DO YO SEE MANY OF OUR CUES OVER THERE? I GOT A FLYER FOR A TORNEY OVER IN FAIRFIELD AT MICHELLS POOL ROOM DO YOU PLAY MUCH OVER THERE? I THINK THE TORNEY IS THE 25 ,26 OF THIS MONTH RACE TO 7 DOUBLE ELM.I MIGHT PLAY IN IT IT,S ON 9 FOOTERS www.MADISONBOBS.COM (http://www.MADISONBOBS.COM)

dr_billiards
09-03-2004, 06:35 PM
BOB!!! What the hell took you so long to find the place?
This is a great group of people here so I am sure you will make many friends here. One word of caution tho.... watch out for Chris Cass AKA the cassman lol. No just kidding he is a great guy!
Doc B

BLACKHEART
09-03-2004, 10:30 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Welcome to the board Bob...JER

MadisonBob
09-04-2004, 01:24 AM
BLACKHEART THANKS FOR THE WELCOME!HEY WHAT CUE ARE YOU PLAYING WITH RIGHT KNOW? DO YOU HAVE SOME GOOD CUE BUILDERS IN YOUR AREA? IF SO COULD YOU NAME A FEW? HAVE YOU EVER HIT WITH ARE CUES?DOE,S ENY OF THE GUY,S IN YOUR AREA PLAY WITH ONE OF MY CUES?SORRY FOR ALL OF THE QUESTIONS PUT JUST WONDERING WHAT,S GOING ON IN OTHER AREAS OF THE WORLD www.MADISONBOBS.COM (http://www.MADISONBOBS.COM)

MadisonBob
09-04-2004, 01:32 AM
WOODY WHATS UP ?THANKS FOR THE WELCOME! HAVE YOU BEEN PLAYING MUCH? ARE YOU STILL PLAYING WITH THE CUE YOU GOT FROM DR BILLIARDS? IF SO HOW DO YOU LIKE THE WAY IT HIT,S? HEY TRY TO MAKE IT DOWN IN THE NEAR FUTURE SO WE CAN HIT SOME AROUND TAKE CARE www.MADISONBOBS.COM (http://www.MADISONBOBS.COM)

Jimmy B
09-04-2004, 02:40 AM
Hey Bob GO EASY ON THE CAPS LOCK, please.
What's with this Madison Bob cult around here???
I should catch some heat for this post LOL
JB

Rich R.
09-04-2004, 04:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MadisonBob:</font><hr> BLACKHEART THANKS FOR THE WELCOME!HEY WHAT CUE ARE YOU PLAYING WITH RIGHT KNOW? DO YOU HAVE SOME GOOD CUE BUILDERS IN YOUR AREA? IF SO COULD YOU NAME A FEW? HAVE YOU EVER HIT WITH ARE CUES?DOE,S ENY OF THE GUY,S IN YOUR AREA PLAY WITH ONE OF MY CUES?SORRY FOR ALL OF THE QUESTIONS PUT JUST WONDERING WHAT,S GOING ON IN OTHER AREAS OF THE WORLD www.MADISONBOBS.COM (http://www.MADISONBOBS.COM) <hr /></blockquote>
Bob, I will risk stepping forward to answer, on behalf of Blackheart.
I would think that Blackheart plays with a Blackheart cue. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

You are not exactly the only cue maker who has graced us with his participation on this board.

Another point of view and your knowledge is always welcome, but, please do not turn all of your posts into a commercial for your cues. That is nothing but SPAM and some here will not take kindly to it.

Join in the conversations and I think we all can learn something.

Welcome.

dr_billiards
09-04-2004, 06:41 AM
Madison Bob has been a very good friend of mine for over 20 years, I'm happy to be a member of his cult.And I for one am glad to see him posting on the board.Not only is he a great guy, but he builds a cue that in my opinion is the best damn hitting cue around, and I also own a southwest and you all know how those hit. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Doc B

woody_968
09-04-2004, 07:26 AM
Hi Bob, I have been playing alot, sometimes good, sometimes bad, but always playing /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yes I still play with your old cue, and I love it! I have thought about having you put on a leather wrap but I am not yet convinced that is what I want to do.

Wally_in_Cincy
09-04-2004, 08:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MadisonBob:</font><hr> WALLY I SEE YOUR FROM CINCY DO YO SEE MANY OF OUR CUES OVER THERE?.... <hr /></blockquote>

Honestly, I had never heard of your cues before drbilliards posted about them.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MadisonBob:</font><hr> I GOT A FLYER FOR A TORNEY OVER IN FAIRFIELD AT MICHELLS POOL ROOM DO YOU PLAY MUCH OVER THERE? <hr /></blockquote>

Every now and then. It's a good place to play. Lots of good players. I can't swim with those sharks /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MadisonBob:</font><hr> I THINK THE TORNEY IS THE 25 ,26 OF THIS MONTH RACE TO 7 DOUBLE ELM.I MIGHT PLAY IN IT IT,S ON 9 FOOTERS <hr /></blockquote>

Their main playing area has 6 or 8 (I think) Diamond Pro 9-footers. They also have some Brunswicks, mostly 8-footers, and a slew of really nice bar tables with standard aramith balls that rent by the hour.

If you come to play bring your A game. There will be some good competition.

BLACKHEART
09-04-2004, 09:57 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif THANK YOU RICH. Yep, I've been makin' Qs since 1986, so that's my Q of choice. Sorry to say, I've never seen one of your Qs, or even heard of them, till recently on this forum. Those who have them, seem to really like them, so you must make a good product...JER

Jimmy B
09-04-2004, 11:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dr_billiards:</font><hr> Madison Bob has been a very good friend of mine for over 20 years, I'm happy to be a member of his cult.And I for one am glad to see him posting on the board.Not only is he a great guy, but he builds a cue that in my opinion is the best damn hitting cue around, and I also own a southwest and you all know how those hit. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Doc B <hr /></blockquote>

Nice ad / spam

JB

woody_968
09-04-2004, 12:18 PM
Jimmy please dont turn this into a negative thread. I just wanted Bob to feel welcome on these boards. You asked what was up with the MB "cult" and Doc gave you his oppinion, I dont see how that is spam.

Chris Cass
09-04-2004, 12:29 PM
Hi Woody,

It's not a negative thread. Bob will just have to settle in. Everything will be ok soon and he will have to back off the cap key. hahahaha He seems nice and proud of the cues he makes. That's only normal. It would be to his favor to let the others that have his cues do the talking a little. That's the best way. imho

Regards,

C.C.

Chris Cass
09-04-2004, 12:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BLACKHEART:</font><hr> /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif THANK YOU RICH. Yep, I've been makin' Qs since 1986, so that's my Q of choice. Sorry to say, I've never seen one of your Qs, or even heard of them, till recently on this forum. Those who have them, seem to really like them, so you must make a good product...JER <hr /></blockquote>

You sir make one hell of a cue. Your too modest. That's what I like about you JER. Not to mention your sponsorships. That means so much. Seems you've struck gold a few times. BTW, please send Carla a new polo. No offense but I think her husband does the laundry. lol

Regards,

C.C.~~she wears it proud and it shows in her play.

Jimmy B
09-04-2004, 03:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote woody_968:</font><hr> Jimmy please dont turn this into a negative thread. I just wanted Bob to feel welcome on these boards. You asked what was up with the MB "cult" and Doc gave you his oppinion, I dont see how that is spam.

<hr /></blockquote>

I'm not turning it negative, I also want Bob to take part in the group and share his views and knowledge. I just don't care so much for the cult that's all. If you don't think that everyone here has a favorite cuemaker or cue then maybe you're not paying attention, yet you don't see Barbara posting a link to BS's phone number with every post or Fred posting a link to the Schuler web-site with every post. Itís fine to like the cue and his cues but there is a time and place to push him and IMO it's not in every thread with every post, there are other very nice and talented people who really support and take part in making this board what it is, the more the merrier, let's not turn it into something it isn't. I'm sure Bob's cues are fine and if they are as good as you guys claim he will have a long and profitable career, trust me.

JB

woody_968
09-04-2004, 03:11 PM
I understand where your comming from Jimmy, and yes I know everyone has their favorite cues. I wouldnt be offended if anyone had a link to BH or anyone elses cues in their signature, many times word of mouth is how smaller cuemakers get known. But I respect that you dont care to see it in each reply.

Play well,
Woody

MadisonBob
09-04-2004, 03:50 PM
sorry jimmy i did,nt relize there would be a problem. remember i just started posting on this forum and did,nt relize it was to be run in a certain fashion. please let me know if i,am posting things that you don,t agree to. i get on here to get away from my cad programs that run me nuts. as for a cult (never)i shall only talk about my cues if i,am asked iam not one of those cue builders who like to keep secrets so if there is other cue builders on this forum who want to talk about cue designing lets start are own post.jimmy i just wanted to ask some of the guy,s what was going on in other area,s and if they have seen eny of my work.i see your point jimmy so please forgive me and as i said i will only mention my cues when asked.SORRY JIMMY www.MADISONBOBS.COM (http://www.MADISONBOBS.COM) /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

MadisonBob
09-04-2004, 04:20 PM
black heart you would know i would reply to another cue builder asking him what cue he plays with. is blackheart the name of your cues? do you have a web sight? if so send me your url so i can check out your work.i won,t be listing my url agian unless asked i didnt know that,s a no no. if you,ve been building since 86 i bet you have some wild design,s to talk about. what do you build the most of full spliced half spliced are inlayed stuff are sneaky,s? are you in this 3rd edtion of the blue book of cues coming out shortly? madison bob

BLACKHEART
09-04-2004, 05:06 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I don't have a web site,I can't keep up with my orders now, let alone advertise. I have 6 lathes &amp; I pantograph my inlays, so I keep my designs simple. I use both Inlayed &amp; 1/2 spliced points(I still have some old, full spliced blanks from a famous cuemaker, that I'm saving for a few Qs for myself). I beleive in the K-I-S-S system(keep it simple stupid)...JER

Jimmy B
09-04-2004, 07:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MadisonBob:</font><hr> sorry jimmy i did,nt relize there would be a problem. remember i just started posting on this forum and did,nt relize it was to be run in a certain fashion. please let me know if i,am posting things that you don,t agree to. i get on here to get away from my cad programs that run me nuts. as for a cult (never)i shall only talk about my cues if i,am asked iam not one of those cue builders who like to keep secrets so if there is other cue builders on this forum who want to talk about cue designing lets start are own post.jimmy i just wanted to ask some of the guy,s what was going on in other area,s and if they have seen eny of my work.i see your point jimmy so please forgive me and as i said i will only mention my cues when asked.SORRY JIMMY www.MADISONBOBS.COM (http://www.MADISONBOBS.COM) /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Bob other then your posting with the caps lock key on I have no problems with anything you've done here so far. There might be some rules, but don't look to me for them, I'm just a visitor like you. Also feel free to post the link to your site in your sig file that is well within the realm of what is acceptable behavior here or in any news group on the net. As a matter of fact I have less problem with you pushing your wears, I just questioned your cult (LOL) Please feel free to jump in where ever you think you can add to a topic or thread and have fun here.
To answer your question I have never seen one of your cues, I travel around in the new england area, not sure where you sell most of your stuff but I'd guess locally there are a few of them, as far as local guys up here we have Barry Cameron, PFD, Famiglietti, Greg's Kues and Mike Webb.

JB

MadisonBob
09-05-2004, 01:52 AM
jimmy i,am glad your not upset with enything i posted. and for the cap locks i did,nt know that meant yelling are so on. dr billiards just told me about that. and i posted my web sight not to advertise because i,am like blackheart i can,t keep up with my orders most of the time. i did that so people could look at a few cues weve done.theres no cues on there for sale they all have been sold for a long time .the sight needs upgrading and will be upgraded soon.as for the cue makers you mentioned i,ve heard of a couple of them. jimmy i want to thank you for bringing up some of the things you did because i don,t want to step on no body,s toes. i,am here to make friends and enjoy the forum i quess i got off to a bad start but everybody please bear with me and i,ll settle in. hey blackheart send me some pics of cues he,s made they look great nice designs.

Jimmy B
09-05-2004, 03:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MadisonBob:</font><hr> jimmy i want to thank you for bringing up some of the things you did because i don,t want to step on no body,s toes. i,am here to make friends and enjoy the forum <hr /></blockquote>
Well Bob so far you've made one. I really respect the way you handled this, even though my words were not meant for you at all. As far as the Caps lock thing goes don't worry many people make that mistake, it's no big deal. I hope some day to run into you, maybe at VF or some other tournament or show, you seem like a nice guy, good luck in the future and keep posting your site in your tag line it can't hurt if the list grows. I wish you well, and hope you enjoy your time here and teach me a few things. BTW just to drag you into the fray, what are your thoughts on Sharp inlays and points??

JB

MadisonBob
09-05-2004, 05:32 PM
jimmy i,am glad things are worked out!!!!! as for sharp inlays i do most of my inlay work with a 0.032 bit which makes them real sharp with very little radius at all. and i also love half spliced points that have a extreme point when finished. put larger radiuses do have there place on certain designs most guys useing panogragh,s will use the larger radius bits to keep from breaking bits as often. i use both cnc and panogragh. what,s your thought on sharp verses round jimmy? i was wanting enyone reading this post to give me there thought,s on shaft tapers like a long taper verses a taper that comes up a couple of thousands a inch and the dia. say 12mm are 13mm. madison bob /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MadisonBob
09-05-2004, 05:42 PM
woody what,s up? i need some help i,am sitting here wondering how to start a new post? as you know i,am new to this forum so eny help would be great. hey i,am looking forward to seeing you soon try to make it down. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

1on1pooltourneys
09-05-2004, 08:03 PM
Welcome Bob.
How are things going at the pool room. Any action? How is Dave Morrison doing? I'm from Terre Haute and i'm sure u can figure out who i am:) Anyhow just wanted to say hi and have hit with your cues and am seriously considering putting my Omen up and playing with a MB. Hope to see you soon...maybe Woody will let me hitch a ride when he heads your way:)

MadisonBob
09-05-2004, 08:55 PM
i think i know who you are! the pool room is going great all kinds of action.i played jr moore a couple of weeks ago. i got lucky he only lasted a couple of sets. have you been playing much? dave was in a few days back he,s not been playing much just working.hey come on down with woody maybe we can get you some action.as for the hit of the cues thank you. hey guy,s what about these shaft tapers give me some input!!!! i like the shaft that comes up a few thousands a inch. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif take care hope to see you soon madison bob

1on1pooltourneys
09-05-2004, 09:29 PM
Bob,
I'm not sure i know Jr. Moore?....Tell Dave the kid said hi and all is well in sin city. Hope to see you all soon....i'm going to abc tournament in indy sat.

woody_968
09-06-2004, 10:10 AM
Hi Bob,

When you go back to the main list from here look up towards the top of the page. There will be a link that says post. Just click on it and your off and running.

Woody

Fred Agnir
09-06-2004, 01:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dr_billiards:</font><hr> Madison Bob has been a very good friend of mine for over 20 years, I'm happy to be a member of his cult.And I for one am glad to see him posting on the board.Not only is he a great guy, but he builds a cue that in my opinion is the best damn hitting cue around, and I also own a southwest and you all know how those hit. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Doc B <hr /></blockquote>To the perceived cult, I'll toss in my two cents to say that although I'm sure it's not your intention, the overload of plugs can be a turn-off to potential cue buyers.

I think each cuemaker tends to market to a certain niche market. So, every answer to "give me a cue recommendation" is probably not going to be the same cue maker over and over again, regardless of the potential buyer's wants and needs. Right?

That being said, I know nothing of Madison Bob or his cues. For Bob, if I could give one suggestion to you as a forum newbie: each post doesn't require a response to the forum.

Fred &lt;~~~ WELCOME