PDA

View Full Version : Presidential election-Ohio perspective

Wally_in_Cincy
09-03-2004, 10:51 AM
As it turns out, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) prosecutor Mike Allen was banging one of his female subordinates in his office for the last couple of years. Even with the scandal he has refused to resign.

He is running unopposed in the Nov. election. The Dems are now talking about running a write-in candidate. If that happens all those thousands of write-ins , by law, must be counted by hand before the Presidential votes can be tallied by machine.

Since this election is going to be close and Ohio is a swing state and Bush and Kerry are in a dead-heat here, the world may wake up on Nov. 5 waiting on our ballots. All because Mike Allen chose to wet his line in the company pond /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I bet he feels stupid.

TomBrooklyn
09-03-2004, 11:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> As it turns out, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) prosecutor Mike Allen was banging one of his female subordinates in his office for the last couple of years. Even with the scandal he has refused to resign. <hr /></blockquote>Wally,
Why is this a scandel? Simply because two people were having sex? TomBk

Wally_in_Cincy
09-03-2004, 11:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> Wally,
Why is this a scandel? Simply because two people were having sex? TomBk <hr /></blockquote>

He is married.

She was his subordinate.

They were doing it in the prosecutor's office and in her office during working hours.

She has filed a $3 million sexual harassment lawsuit against him and the county.

It's a scandal.

Rod
09-03-2004, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If that happens all those thousands of write-ins , by law, must be counted by hand before the Presidential votes can be tallied by machine.
<hr /></blockquote>

Ya, but can they count? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

highsea
09-03-2004, 01:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr>Ya, but can they count? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>Lol, Can they write? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

-CM

Qtec
09-03-2004, 07:28 PM
OMG. I wont be able to sleep tonight, worrying about this.

Yawn
Q

eg8r
09-03-2004, 07:35 PM
I think the whole world will be waiting until next year when Kerry's lawyers finally give up suing everyone in the state of Florida. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

sliprock
09-03-2004, 07:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> .

Since this election is going to be close and Ohio is a swing state and Bush and Kerry are in a dead-heat here, the world may wake up on Nov. 5 waiting on our ballots. <hr /></blockquote>

I think you give Kerry too much credit. By the time November rolls around, I think the American voters will have the info they need to make the correct choice for President. I predict a Kerry white flag speech before we go to bed the night of the election..

Wally_in_Cincy
09-04-2004, 07:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> OMG. I wont be able to sleep tonight, worrying about this.

Yawn
Q <hr /></blockquote>

Here's something for you to worry about dipsh*t:

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000103&amp;sid=aA2GYXunaq6I&amp;refer=us

Bush Leads Kerry by 11 Points in Time Magazine Poll (Update2)
Sept. 3 (Bloomberg) -- President George W. Bush widened the lead in his re-election race against Democrat John Kerry to 11 percentage points, according to a Time magazine poll taken during the week of the Republican National Convention.
Bush got 52 percent support over 41 percent for Kerry among 926 likely voters surveyed nationwide in an Aug. 31-Sept. 2 telephone poll. The margin of error is 4 percentage points. Independent candidate Ralph Nader got 3 percent in the poll, which will be published in Time magazine's Sept. 6 issue.

highsea
09-04-2004, 11:49 AM
Hey Wally,

A Newsweek pool gave Bush the same 11 point bounce today.

Kind of takes the wind out of the pundits sails, huh? Last month they were all saying the voters were already decided, which is why Kerry didn't get a convention bounce.

Apparently Bush has made a few converts. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-CM

Wally_in_Cincy
09-04-2004, 12:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> Hey Wally,

A Newsweek pool gave Bush the same 11 point bounce today.

Kind of takes the wind out of the pundits sails, huh? Last month they were all saying the voters were already decided, which is why Kerry didn't get a convention bounce.

Apparently Bush has made a few converts. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-CM <hr /></blockquote>

I did not see all of Dubya's speech but I did see Arnold's and any undecideds who saw Arnold's may have been nudged in Dubya's direction. He was quite impressive.