PDA

View Full Version : Pool scene in Las Vegas????

05-13-2002, 11:45 AM
Just wondering if anyone out there can fill me in on how the pool scene in Las Vegas is? Im moving out there in 7 or 8 months from Jackson Mississippi. Regular weekly tournaments, action, etc, etc. Please respond.

stickman
05-13-2002, 11:57 AM
http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=ccbboard&Number=6057&S earch=true&Forum=ccbboard&Words=Las%20Vegas&Match= Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=2&Limit=25&Old=3months& Main=6057

Pizza Bob
05-13-2002, 12:03 PM
Jerry:

The two rooms that I know of, and have played in, are Pool Sharks on Decatur - used to be "Machine Gun" Lou Butera's room. Don't know who owns it now, but there is/was a guy there that goes by "Thumbs" that treated me pretty decently. They do have weekly tournaments.

The other room is the LV Cue Club. I understand you have to be careful there because of the gang activity, but I didn't witness that first hand. I was there during the BCA Trade Show last year and it was great. It may have been because the BCA was in town (there were some great players in there - Buddy Hall, John Schmidt, Cliff Joyner and the owner of the room, Toby). There was a fairly strong police presence in the parking lot, but the room was great.

Hopefully a native will chime in and give you the heads-up on the current scene.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

rackmup
05-13-2002, 03:25 PM
All of the action you could want at LV Cue Club & Cuetopia (McCready plays there when in LV)