PDA

View Full Version : 34th Street and the RNC

9 Ball Girl
09-03-2004, 01:00 PM
Everyday of the RNC, I went over to the MSG area to accompany my BF who was driving the folks from CNN. These are just 2 pictures that I took with my cell phone:

This one is a picture of one of the many buses that carried the Republicans to and fro. Every bus was accompanied with about 3-4 motorcycled cops in the front and back with their sirens. Oooohhhh Ahhhhhh:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid138/p5731883595a0c9046862eed868c313b3/f7296a72.jpg

And this is a picture of the cops herding us back on to the sidewalks to let the buses go. They would swing out that orange net to "hold" us back:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid138/p0cc4c3c5e65f9bdb06ede1794e80b4e8/f7296a74.jpg

So people were pi$$ed. I just stepped back and went with the flow. I mean, what are you supposed to do?

The protestors were great. At least the ones that I saw, they were nonviolent and held up their little signs or hats or whatever that said more than spoken words.

The supporters were just as great too. I loved watching the whole thing. When my BF would have to make a run, I would leave the car and walk around where I could and take in the sights.

eg8r, I thought of you when I saw these shirts and would've bought one for you but all they had were small. You've seen those shirts that the stars are wearing now emblazoned with things like "Jesus is my Homeboy", well some supporters were selling "George is my Homeboy" shirts. I thought it was cute.

Anway, they're all gone now. I think it went more smoothly than what people thought, as far as commuting. Sure, it was a pain to have certain streets closed and having to be herded about here and there, but like I said, what are you supposed to do? Just go with the flow!

Qtec
09-03-2004, 07:14 PM
T- shirt.

"George is MY Girlie boy" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

eg8r
09-03-2004, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
eg8r, I thought of you when I saw these shirts and would've bought one for you but all they had were small. <hr /></blockquote> LOL, you crack me up. Good call on passing on the shirt, I could not fit a small around my leg. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Qtec
09-03-2004, 07:21 PM
Have you seen the film, "Super size me"?

Q

eg8r
09-03-2004, 07:33 PM
No I missed it.

eg8r